Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
.:Plasma:. said:
mgrimmenator said:
So far R43 has been working great on WBFS file system. I have one complaint though. In R25 there was a slight delay when you first started the app. So when you set priiloader to auto launch file there was enough time for you USB device to load. Now things are so fast, if you start from off the USB device doesn't have enough time to load and then wiiflow thinks the USB device is not present. You have to hit the reset button to work. Once it is on you can then reboot without any issues and finishing a game and going back to wiiflow works as well.

My question is could the delay be put back in or a config option to set the delay if you want and if you don't need it then set option to 0.

I use WiiFlow in exactly this way with PriiLoader and like Wipy I have no issues what so ever with the loading / spinning up of my USB disk.
Mine is a 500Gb Freecom, with a 4Gb FAT and 496Gb WBFS on it. If this is implemented I definately want to be able to turn it off with options!

Plasma

AHHHHHHHHH! Maybe I spoke too soon, seems I managed to Jinx my self, my Wii is now intermittantly giving the WBFS -1 error on cold boot via priiloader! I've been using the previous release this (think it was R42) for quite some time and never seen this issue. So has something changed in the start sequence?

Also loaded the latest Carbonic theme and it seems something has changed on that it used to have 2 cover view sizes, one kind of medium sized and the other quite large (This is the view where they are stood up in a line across the screen). The medium sized view has gone and now there is only the large view.

Plasma

Plasma

kokcona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
edg0020 said:
I have a question about wiiflow r43

If I format my hard drive into 2 partitions. One NTFS and one FAT32. The store all my image files under NTFS and all other homebrew stuff under FAT32, will WiiFlow be able to read all the games and save all covers into the hard drive?

Second question. How do I remove garbage data from the images that are stored in the NTFS part of the HD? Is there an app for this?

Thanks in advance

I f you put a fat and ntfs partition on 1 drive, make sure the fat partition is the first partition and also make sure both partitions are primary. All files that wiiflow needs, need to be on a Fat partition (hdd or sd). The Games themselves can be put on fat/ntfs/wbfs

I cannot make it work. my first partition is fat32 primary and I put apps folder with wiiflow in it, and I used backup manager to tranfer tiger wood 2011 to second partition (ntfs primary). Then I start wiiflow r43 from my 4.1u wii, it show up 'WBFS_Open failed:-1' and bring me to setting pages. In the last page of setting, I can choose game partition from WBFS- to WBFS9. But nothing happen whatever I choose.

How can I make it work? However it work perfectly when I use wbfs system partition.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Also loaded the latest Carbonic theme and it seems something has changed on that it used to have 2 cover view sizes, one kind of medium sized and the other quite large (This is the view where they are stood up in a line across the screen). The medium sized view has gone and now there is only the large view.

Hmmmm , i didn't change anything in the coverflow views since a very long time , so i don't know what you're talking about......
If you still have a copy of the old Carbonik.ini , please send me , so i can have a look at it , and maybe re-add this view you're missing
wink.gif

edg0023

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Help!

I am trying to download codes through wiiflow and it never finds anything. I have tried over 10 different games. I always get the no codes found message.

Could anyone help me out

Maybe it is checking the wrong URL?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edg0020 said:
Help!

I am trying to download codes through wiiflow and it never finds anything. I have tried over 10 different games. I always get the no codes found message.

Could anyone help me out

Maybe it is checking the wrong URL?
It is checking the wrong URL. This issue is known. It will be fixed in the next revision. You could compile the latest revision yourself and put in the correct URL: delete the www. portion of the www.geckocodes.org.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
there are 4 themes up to date.
The Starnight one , and my 3 themes.

Here are mine :

http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Green.rar
http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Violet.rar
http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Carbonik.rar

I think R-win and Miigotu are planning to release a pack with a stable wiiflow + themes up to date
wink.gif

R45 beta has a new button it seems so now your themes don't look right once again.
The button is on the main screen of wiiflow right next to the favorites button(default theme)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Putting so many new features in this build, I can imagine that it will take a very long time to find and fix bugs...

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
It is checking the wrong URL. This issue is known. It will be fixed in the next revision. You could compile the latest revision yourself and put in the correct URL: delete the www. portion of the www.geckocodes.org.
You guys can't retrieve the "latest svn rev" yet, its private until the merge to official wiiflow svn.

edg0020 said:
Does the latest WiiFlow version support wiiware games?
Yes, come to irc and grab the beta to see how it works, but remember ITS A BETA! Wiiware needs installed to real nand atm, nand emu requires some hard planning to switch modules.

edg0020 said:
Does the latest WiiFlow version support wiiware games?

Yes if you use ISO forwarders, I have Mario 64 and a few others all working great with nice 3D covers!!

Plasma
ISO forwarders will be obselete in wiiflow soon*

QUOTE(TeenTin @ Jun 12 2010, 12:53 AM)
Putting so many new features in this build, I can imagine that it will take a very long time to find and fix bugs...
The majority of the bugs are fixed atm, we got a few left and some finishing touches yet but not so much as it was 2 days ago.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
icebrg5 said:
R45 beta has a new button it seems so now your themes don't look right once again.
The button is on the main screen of wiiflow right next to the favorites button(default theme)

I'm aware of this , it will be fixed tonight
wink.gif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi can someone post the IRC details (might be a good idea to add them to the first post in this thread too. I looked through the first 10 pages or so but didn't find them.

Alternatively can someone post a link to the beta for me to try?

Plasma

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi can someone post the IRC details (might be a good idea to add them to the first post in this thread too. I looked through the first 10 pages or so but didn't find them.

Plasma
QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jun 12 2010, 01:09 PM) irc is #wiiflow on irc.abjects.net
The IRC details already were mentioned on the first page of this thread...at least this morning they were.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Etheboss said:

Plasma
QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jun 12 2010, 01:09 PM) irc is #wiiflow on irc.abjects.net
The IRC details already were mentioned on the first page of this thread...at least this morning they were.

Thanks both, I'm sorted now (just waiting for kids to finish playing SMG2 so I can try it), and yes I can see the details on the first page now, must have been the hang over wearing off when I looked earlier!

Plasma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi