Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wipy said:
mgrimmenator said:
So far R43 has been working great on WBFS file system. I have one complaint though. In R25 there was a slight delay when you first started the app. So when you set priiloader to auto launch file there was enough time for you USB device to load. Now things are so fast, if you start from off the USB device doesn't have enough time to load and then wiiflow thinks the USB device is not present. You have to hit the reset button to work. Once it is on you can then reboot without any issues and finishing a game and going back to wiiflow works as well.

My question is could the delay be put back in or a config option to set the delay if you want and if you don't need it then set option to 0.

if it's going to be implemented, i think this must be absolutely configurable (option to 0 is IMO very important) because i didn't get this issue with any hard drives i tested with R43, iomega, seagate, western digital, Usb enclosures with different brands, few other cheap brands, from 320Gb to 2Tb as well, loaded wiiflow R43 from priiloader 0.4 without any issue (about 15-20 tested HDD's) so delay is not totally loader related, adding that kind of option surely CAN be useful for uncommon hardware compatibility but surely needs a disable fonction to avoid unwanted delay for most hdd's who works well.

Edit: oh! sorry i forgot you're talking 'bout WBFS, i tested all this with Fat system, maybe wbfs detection needs more time.

I am using Western Digital 1tb. 1st partition is primary and FAT. 2nd partition is primary and WBFS. It only happens the first time you start up. It's not that much of a pain to press reset button but I didn't have to in R25. I think it's due to the enhancements of making things go faster which is a good thing. I agree with the turn off option of 0 as well.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
For theming, benjay is of course right, you need to mess alot around ini and internal wiiflow stetting option to learn how to theme, or atleast to know what does what. I remember in the time of R25, I had 50 times the same theme install what all minor differences and I would write it down.

I ended up with a picture of my wall with an empty shelf and the covers would like if they were placed as books.

BTW, is it true that there is atleast 2 theme up-to-date for R43, if yes where are they ??

Pip'

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
there are 4 themes up to date.
The Starnight one , and my 3 themes.

Here are mine :

http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Green.rar
http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Violet.rar
http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Carbonik.rar

I think R-win and Miigotu are planning to release a pack with a stable wiiflow + themes up to date
wink.gif

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Benjay said:
there are 4 themes up to date.
The Starnight one , and my 3 themes.

Here are mine :

http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Green.rar
http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Violet.rar
http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/Carbonik.rar

I think R-win and Miigotu are planning to release a pack with a stable wiiflow + themes up to date
wink.gif
Thanks a lot, Carbonik is the one I was looking for. Isn't R43 stable ?? I thought yes, damn. In that case I might going to wait for the realt stable release then. But I am not going to hold my breathe until then.

Pip'

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
boto12 said:
using here with more then 130 games, without problem, never have this insue.
wii 4.2e, wbfs partition, cios 249 rev17

could you please provide more info

Select a game and go into its settings quickly may result in a reboot.

edg0023

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about wiiflow r43

If I format my hard drive into 2 partitions. One NTFS and one FAT32. The store all my image files under NTFS and all other homebrew stuff under FAT32, will WiiFlow be able to read all the games and save all covers into the hard drive?

Second question. How do I remove garbage data from the images that are stored in the NTFS part of the HD? Is there an app for this?

Thanks in advance

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Thanks a lot, Carbonik is the one I was looking for. Isn't R43 stable ?? I thought yes, damn. In that case I might going to wait for the realt stable release then. But I am not going to hold my breathe until then.

Pip'

There is a difference between stable and having small anoying bugs. r43 just has some little anoying things that prevent it from being a release. In all reality, there hasn't been a "release" since wiiflow 1.1

icebrg5 said:
r43 has some bugs like install and delete games on fat32 doesnt work.
Install and delete has been fixed. Now we are fixing playing real iso files (right now we only have 1 tester for that and I wish we had another. relying on the results from 1 tester is not good), and .wbfs files >4gb wont play.

QUOTE(edg0020 @ Jun 10 2010, 10:29 PM)

If I format my hard drive into FAT32 with no partitions and store all my image files in it, will WiiFlow be able to read all the games and save all covers into the hard drive?

Thanks in advance
Thats actually the best way to run wiiflow right now. Fat32 single partition marked as primary and active. Use Wii Backup Manager to transfer your iso's to your drive. Covers downloading and saving on usb works great now.

In the Full pack release we do there will be new default.ini for the default theme, and a blank wiiflow.ini i think. Please understand that with so many things changing this is a good thing. An out of date default.ini results in overlapping buttons so delete yours and get the one from the wiiflow source page. Also a bloated wiiflow.ini will cause wiiflow to be laggy and slow in most cases.

wiiflow.ini is going to be by default created in apps/wiiflow/ unless you have a wiiflow.ini in usb:/wiiflow... I suggest everyone make this change manually or dont complain. When the full pack is released i want to ask everyone to delete usb:/wiiflow and/or sd:/wiiflow (backup your covers if you dont want to redownload them) and start over and let it create folders and ini's for itself. The reason for this is if your wiiflow.ini or default.ini isnt in the apps/wiiflow folder, our updates arent going to update them for you very easily. We have to set some standard here so yeah, thats what has been decided. No more having to have 2 wiiflow.ini like before xD.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
where did 3 days come from? It will be released when the bugs are fixed. Most of them are done but sometimes a bug can take a long time to find... ie the coverbug that was fixed in r43 took like what 2 months or more? I'm not saying it will be long like that but i need to fix a problem with wbfs formatted drives and a bug playing iso files.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
edg0020 said:

If I format my hard drive into 2 partitions. One NTFS and one FAT32. The store all my image files under NTFS and all other homebrew stuff under FAT32, will WiiFlow be able to read all the games and save all covers into the hard drive?

Second question. How do I remove garbage data from the images that are stored in the NTFS part of the HD? Is there an app for this?

Thanks in advance

I f you put a fat and ntfs partition on 1 drive, make sure the fat partition is the first partition and also make sure both partitions are primary. All files that wiiflow needs, need to be on a Fat partition (hdd or sd). The Games themselves can be put on fat/ntfs/wbfs

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
Is it easy to integrate my original "per game setting" to the new release ?
Yes, they will be the same, so you can just copy them to the new wiiflow.ini. Actually, I doubt if you really need the new wiiflow.ini, but it's just to be sure. The format didn't change, and no options where removed (only added).

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

I love this loader, but i have trouble with downloading full covers.
When i want to download the missing full covers this loader just won't find them. Why ?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Golfje said:
Hey Guys,

When i want to download the missing full covers this loader just won't find them. Why ?
The problem is either between the keyboard and the pc, or at WiiTDB.com. WiiFlow doesn't have any problems with rev43 to download covers. First: Check at WiiTDB if there are even full covers for your games. Be shure to use the right GameID (you can see it at the settings for each game).

If there are covers, open wiiflow.ini, and customize the download-path. For my part, I wanted that WiiFlow only downloads English HQ-Covers, so I set the path to:
http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfullHQ/EN/ID6.png

If you say what exactly you want (which language for covers, only HQ or mixed, etc.), I can try to help you more. But if WiiFlow is correctly configured, it will get exactly the covers you want (if they exist).

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
For my part, I wanted that WiiFlow only downloads English HQ-Covers, so I set the path to:
Exactly, and as an extra note on this setting: Wiiflow will try to download (automaticallly) the cover for the language you have selected (the Wiiflow language, that is). If Wiiflow can't find that cover, it will try the EN one (yes, by default). If you want it to force a specific language, you can try the change to wiiflow.ini as specified by Blue-K.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
Golfje said:
Hey Guys,

The problem is either between the keyboard and the pc, or at WiiTDB.com. WiiFlow doesn't have any problems with rev43 to download covers. First: Check at WiiTDB if there are even full covers for your games. Be shure to use the right GameID (you can see it at the settings for each game).

If there are covers, open wiiflow.ini, and customize the download-path. For my part, I wanted that WiiFlow only downloads English HQ-Covers, so I set the path to:

If you say what exactly you want (which language for covers, only HQ or mixed, etc.), I can try to help you more. But if WiiFlow is correctly configured, it will get exactly the covers you want (if they exist).

I have downloaden Rev43. But when i check the rev version in wiiflow it still say rev42... Is this a bug or what ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald