Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

dawinsch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Found another little bug that causes codedumps on loading Wiiflow. Yeterday I started using DUTag and Wiiflow sometimes changes the line 'gamercards=dutag' to 'gamercards=wiinnertag|dutag' in the wiiflow.ini file. Has anyone the same issue?
Yea I know about it, if no | is found it codedumps. You can leave it with wiinertag and dutag just fine, because only if some valid number is entered it will be used, as long as no valid number is provided it will just ignore wiinnertag ;)
DUTag works great since r476 :)

Thanks FIX!

What's the effect of the 'Custom' button on page 4 of NAND/EmuNAND settings?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@[member='fledge68']
Talking about shortcuts, why do we still use B on Mode to go to emunand? we have a nand shortcut and we can select emunand from source menu too.
So the best shortcut for Source_menu will be "B" on Mode button :)

@fix94 do you have a 476 to test,
I updated devkit in order to compile wiixplorer and I'm getting error with wiiflow compiling now @video.cpp
I think I have to go back to rev23 with old libogc

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
@boston BC, that looks like superb work. I think I've used it before, there was a pegi - based categories ini somewhere that I ended up using, i initially tried combining data from each ini, failed and gave up! Could you drop me a link, i mioght well give it another go!
You've brought up some interesting points. Perhaps we could have an agreed couple of designated user custom categories and standardise the rest. Does the data from GameTDB have a finite number of categories? I was thinking there's a LOT of stuff available in WiiBackupManager that isn't in wiiflow, but they both work off the same data set. right? You seem to know a lot more about what you're talking about. Fancy starting a categories ini implementation thread?
My first post would be "Does editing categories have to be done with a text editor when I've got over 300 titles to edit, each with 21 variables?", followed by " why can't we have, eg comma separated values or summat, or whack the whole thing in a open excel - type format. or would that make it wayyy too complex for wiiflow?"
BTW you hit the nail on the head - the idea is to allow the user to block whole categories, and potentially whole plugins homebrew etc, by nominating them for lockage, dare i say locktitude, lockliness and lockidity in the relevant ini.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@fix94 do you have a 476 to test,
I updated devkit in order to compile wiixplorer and I'm getting error with wiiflow compiling now @video.cpp
I think I have to go back to rev23 with old libogc
nevermind worked after updating libogc from googlecode :)

476: Homebrew cache bug is finally fixed
funny-dance.gif

Reactions: 1 person

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, knocked this set out last night.. still possible that i'll adjust a few things. Feedback appreciated :)

source_menu - Frames & Hover Buttons 2nd Edition by mastershoes

Edit: Updated the preview, because the screenshots from wiiflow make them look all squished like.

NewICONTemplateSpread.png

[spoiler='Wiiflow Screenshots (Kinda Squished)"]
Jun-15-2012-02h25m33s.png

Jun-15-2012-02h25m21s.png

Jun-15-2012-02h25m25s.png

[/spoiler]

Reactions: 2 people

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bostonBC - did you download the libogc_svn_r4902.zip and extract it to the correct folders?
I haven't figured out where to put this at yet. Does it go to root of SD card, wiiflow/plugins folder, or somewhere else??

@mastershoes, thoses new icons look great! I think I'm going to use those for mine when I get it all setup correctly.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

mastershoes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, knocked this set out last night.. still possible that i'll adjust a few things. Feedback appreciated :)

Great mastershoes, Glad you removed the transparency :)
why are the icons still square? didn't you make'em 120x90?

Hey, thanks man. The icons aren't square at all, it's just the way the wiiflow screenshots turned out. I assure you they're rectangular. I'll post a pic of what the actual icons look like in a lil while (at work).

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey, thanks man. The icons aren't square at all, it's just the way the wiiflow screenshots turned out. I assure you they're rectangular. I'll post a pic of what the actual icons look like in a lil while (at work).
He's probably still using an older version of wiiflow when they were set to 90x90

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bostonBC - did you download the libogc_svn_r4902.zip and extract it to the correct folders?
I haven't figured out where to put this at yet. Does it go to root of SD card, wiiflow/plugins folder, or somewhere else??

@[member='mastershoes'], thoses new icons look great! I think I'm going to use those for mine when I get it all setup correctly.
Replace the libogc in the devkit folder. Then compiles will work.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got r474 and I'm having problems with the Game Save Extractor were I try to extract my game saves and I get an error message that reads 'No valid FAT partition found for NAND Emulation!' I got Wiiflow on my SD card and deleted my old files so I can start fresh and still nothing. Does anybody else have this problem or is it just me? If so, anything would be of great help. Thanks.

Edit: I found out it's not just the r474 but any rev I load up.
I already posted earlier that it's a know issue, which will probably be fixed this week.
From Wiiflow rev 456 and up nand and savegame extraction is broken...if you need a savegame from real nand, temporary load rev455.

mastershoes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He's probably still using an older version of wiiflow when they were set to 90x90

Actually Fledge its wierd.. i'm using 476, everything looks fine on my tv, its just the screenshots that look squished. Like maybe it's set to take the screenshot in 4:3 and not 16:9 or something?

@everyone - ere's a better preview of some of the buttons.

NewICONTemplateSpread.png

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Oh here is r478 btw for everyone else:
http://www.mediafire...hlxrv3s1vgog2wh
Nice, it will be nice not to have to manually search out and change Okami in my custom_titles.ini file any more.

I see you use Asciify() to fix Okami. Just wondering, would that take the accent marks off of ALL letters or just ones that aren't in the font? (for example, àáâãäåāăąa) how will this effect people using languages that aren't just A-Z like Japanese? I think there are some accented characters in 8-bit ASCII but not in the 7-bit one.

I can get the general ides of what Asciify() does by the name but just curious about the specifics.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got r474 and I'm having problems with the Game Save Extractor were I try to extract my game saves and I get an error message that reads 'No valid FAT partition found for NAND Emulation!' I got Wiiflow on my SD card and deleted my old files so I can start fresh and still nothing. Does anybody else have this problem or is it just me? If so, anything would be of great help. Thanks.

Edit: I found out it's not just the r474 but any rev I load up.
I already posted earlier that it's a know issue, which will probably be fixed this week.
From Wiiflow rev 456 and up nand and savegame extraction is broken...if you need a savegame from real nand, temporary load rev455.
Thanks EB for letting me know. I knew it was broken before but thought it was fixed again.

@bostonBC, I will try replacing the libogc in the devkit folder to see if there is any changes.

Thanks you all for your responses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.