Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Fix,I tried emunand and seems that it does not work well,at least for me.

VC/Wiiware games display the message "The system's files are corrupted" or only a black screen.
I know that emunand works for a lot of people now,is it something I am doing wrong?Is there a way to fix this?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I was noticing in [member='Mastershoes']'s emuflows, on the gameboy one (#6) when you flip a game around to look at the back it gets all stretched out horizontally.

I think it has to do with this part:
Code:
[_EMUFLOW_6_S]
flip_scale=1.079999924, 1.079999447, 1.079999924
where when it's not flipped it looks like this:
Code:
center_scale=1.099999905, 0.7999997139, 1.399999619
There's a big difference in that center number.

I haven't tried the new 4:3 adjustments (I do have a 4:3 TV) but those lines don't seem to change in the new versions.
the 4:3 settings look like this:
old:
Code:
flip_scale_4_3=1, 0.5, 1
new:
Code:
flip_scale_4_3=1, 0.9999995232, 1
so I'm not sure what that will change exactly.

(since I have a 4:3 TV I may be looking at the wrong numbers but I DO know that the flipped gameboy boxes are stretched horizontally to about double on my screen.)
ive tried both the original and the newer flows by mastershoes and i dont have this problem. i also use 4:3 btw
Actually, I just got around to trying [member='mastershoes']' new themes last night and the bug is gone. Don't know what was the deal with it.
I just tried 474 and everything seems to work fine.But,how am I supposed to access source menu? Just trying the + button over the icon it does nothing...
It's now been changed to pressing on the exit button (
btnquits.png
)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Fix,I tried emunand and seems that it does not work well,at least for me.

VC/Wiiware games display the message "The system's files are corrupted" or only a black screen.
I know that emunand works for a lot of people now,is it something I am doing wrong?Is there a way to fix this?
First make sure to follow what Fix said.
Second, If your setup is fine, make sure both cert.sys and uid.sys are in %nand%\sys folder (a missing cert.sys causes this error message).
If both are present then try redumping your nand.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got r474 and I'm having problems with the Game Save Extractor were I try to extract my game saves and I get an error message that reads 'No valid FAT partition found for NAND Emulation!' I got Wiiflow on my SD card and deleted my old files so I can start fresh and still nothing. Does anybody else have this problem or is it just me? If so, anything would be of great help. Thanks.

Edit: I found out it's not just the r474 but any rev I load up.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Τhanks for your responses!All of you!

I tried to set manually IOS to 249-250 and now the games seem to work fine,except some NES games.Perhaps,NES games require some other IOS,I guess...

Reactions: 1 person

Briken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my covers are showing up great (NES, Genesis, SMS, GBA, etc) in emuflow mode with the exception of Game Gear. They are desplaying streched out with the right side of the image cut out. Any ideas? Is there a particular size they should be? Thanks!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I just tried 474 and everything seems to work fine.But,how am I supposed to access source menu? Just trying the + button over the icon it does nothing...
It's now been changed to pressing on the exit button (o)
Does anyone else think this is utterly mental?

It's easier to press than it is to press (+) and it's kinda a compromise instead of having the home button actually go to the source menu.

I admit it's not as easy as your idea of just hitting anywhere on the screen to go "back" to the source menu but that does make the (A) + game starting shortcut not work very well.
(You could always have the button go "back" to the source menu OR back to the categories menu ONLY for those who have it set to start there when they enter WiiFlow in the INI file ... or in some other way only enable it in the INI.)
((it could also be set to do so only when the cursor is not on the screen, that way it would not interfere with other shortcuts as much.))

EDIT : A better implementation than the off screen idea would be to have it only react in the moment you release the button because besides the quick launch shortcut there are at least 5 other shortcuts that incorporate the button already. It would have to only go "back out" to the source menu if no other shortcut was activated while holding .

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's now been changed to pressing on the exit button (
btnquits.png
)

Does anyone else think this is utterly mental?

eh im not a fan of it... i liked it when the home button brought up the source menu.. and the wiimote home button exited to the SM.. made the most sense to me. there should be an option in wiiflow.ini "home button opens source menu=yes"

Reactions: 2 people

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
An potentially easy ;) way to increase the usability of wiiflow's locking capabilites. Lock games by defining which categories are locked in catagories.ini, and perhaps which sources in sources.ini also. The ini -editing user is then free to define subsets of locked games at will. A further development would be to make this possible via the interface.

If anyone else likes the idea, i'll pop a request on googlecode.

*as a tumble weed rolls slowly across the post, in the distance a door slams lazily in the desolate howl of the wind*

That would be a 'no' then?
Can i just quickly say that tumbleweed bit was meant to be (kind of) funny? Obviously it wasn't - I can only apologise for the winces it may have induced and admit that my sense of irony is pathologicaly overdeveloped. It's a British thing. SP.
I think the recent age lock does much of what you would want to lock games out for via categories. So I'm not sure what additional capabilities over age lock it would provide.
A fair question. Well, the basic Idea is you could not only lock an age, but also any subset you want to put a block on.
Lets say you wanted to lock all homebrew, or a specific group of homebrew, or a whole plugin, or a game genre, or any group of things as defined by you,
by adding the variable 'locked' in the relevant ini's (i am aware that it's lot more complex than this, but from the user - end).
"Any group of things as defined by you" type functionality would require the user to edit categories.ini, which is a pain in the buttocks.
Anyone got advice on editing catagories.ini?

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Seam, Maxternal, this stuff is brilliant. I've started a topic specifically about the wiiflow front end, http://gbatemp.net/t...eautiful-again/
I hope you'd like to join the conversation there? Or anyone else for that matter.
I hope i'm not breaking any rules by saying that.

Just riffing, like, but here's an idea - It might be more useful to have the option to define which button opens the source menu (e.g HOME) and which is the Modifier (e.g. B). Maybe a whole matrix to assign buttons to functions? I'm getting ahead of myself there, i know.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seam, Maxternal, this stuff is brilliant. I've started a topic specifically about the wiiflow front end, http://gbatemp.net/t...eautiful-again/
I hope you'd like to join the conversation there? Or anyone else for that matter.

Just riffing, like, but here's an idea - It might be more useful to have the option to define which button opens the source menu (e.g HOME) and which is the Modifier (e.g. B). Maybe a whole matrix to assign buttons to functions? I'm getting ahead of myself there, i know.
I had no idea that what button or how you access the source menu would even matter. Is it really that big of a deal? I already know it is for spacepimp so he don't count. frankly, I'm getting tired of changing it. I mean, come on guys, it's not really that hard to point at the home/exit icon and press 'b'. Yes i agree that the exit icon doesn't really have anything to do with the source menu but all the other icons are taken.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on a new icon set, it will include all emulated systems in case of future releases. I decided to go "2nd Edition" style with these. I still gotta clean up some things (like that sms & tg16 logo) but will release these when i'm finished. :)

Jun-14-2012-17h53m42s.png

Reactions: 4 people

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An potentially easy ;) way to increase the usability of wiiflow's locking capabilites. Lock games by defining which categories are locked in catagories.ini, and perhaps which sources in sources.ini also. The ini -editing user is then free to define subsets of locked games at will. A further development would be to make this possible via the interface.

If anyone else likes the idea, i'll pop a request on googlecode.

*as a tumble weed rolls slowly across the post, in the distance a door slams lazily in the desolate howl of the wind*

That would be a 'no' then?
Can i just quickly say that tumbleweed bit was meant to be (kind of) funny? Obviously it wasn't - I can only apologise for the winces it may have induced and admit that my sense of irony is pathologicaly overdeveloped. It's a British thing. SP.
I think the recent age lock does much of what you would want to lock games out for via categories. So I'm not sure what additional capabilities over age lock it would provide.
A fair question. Well, the basic Idea is you could not only lock an age, but also any subset you want to put a block on.
Lets say you wanted to lock all homebrew, or a specific group of homebrew, or a whole plugin, or a game genre, or any group of things as defined by you,
by adding the variable 'locked' in the relevant ini's (i am aware that it's lot more complex than this, but from the user - end).
"Any group of things as defined by you" type functionality would require the user to edit categories.ini, which is a pain in the buttocks.
Anyone got advice on editing catagories.ini?
I wrote an app that extracts the gameTDB data to populate the Categories.ini. There is a link in an earlier post to the resulting data which is just Category ini's for different regions. It also adds ESRB rating categories which the age lock kind of does the same thing. Here are my categories:
cat1=Action
cat10=Sports
cat11=Strategy
cat12=Traditional
cat13=Theme
cat14=Others
cat15=ESRB: Early Childhood
cat16=ESRB: Everyone
cat17=ESRB: Everyone 10+
cat18=ESRB: Teen
cat19=ESRB: Mature
cat2=Adventure
cat20=ESRB: Adults Only
cat3=Fighting
cat4=General
cat5=Health
cat6=Music
cat7=Racing
cat8=Role Playing
cat9=Simulation
category_on_start=no
numcategories=21

But I believe the lock is within the individual game settings as Categories.ini only holds info on Categories. I think you would need an app that parses out the gameconfig2.ini files. But I am still not sure what you would use to ties off a particular set of games... I think you would just get a list of all the games and have a lock option for each one individually. Or are you thinking of tying the game categories and the lock together. That might be interesting - allow the user to select from a list of all games and/or games within a category group to lock. So you could lock out the Mature or other rating games if you like.

I think that would be a challenge adding inside WiiFlow since the Categories are dyanamic and user controlled... my categories could be different from yours. Not impossible but a lot of work. My suggestion would be to take it offline and write an app like the one I did to populate category info from GameTDB xml.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed an SSD in my main system so I had to reinstall windows and all my apps.

I thought I got the programmers notepad and DevKit setup correctly but my first attemp to compile WiiFlow resulted in:

c:/Users/Bob/Documents/WiiFlow_Source/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/source/gui/video.cpp: In member function 'void CVideo::init()':
c:/Users/Bob/Documents/WiiFlow_Source/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/source/gui/video.cpp:118:13: error: 'TVPal574IntDfScale' was not declared in this scope

I pulled down a clean copy of r475 onto my virgin SSD. Anyone else getting this error or did I forget to install something?

Also does anyone remember the command to setup multi-core support? My compile time took 2:10 before... want to check how long it takes on the SSD when I fix this error.

Edit - I pulled the last previous version that I had on my old system - r464 and bumped up the versions and it looks like between r473 and r474 this error was introduced. I can successfully compile r473 but r474 and r475 have this error.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country

I had no idea that what button or how you access the source menu would even matter. Is it really that big of a deal? I already know it is for spacepimp so he don't count. frankly, I'm getting tired of changing it. I mean, come on guys, it's not really that hard to point at the home/exit icon and press 'b'. Yes i agree that the exit icon doesn't really have anything to do with the source menu but all the other icons are taken.
Hey fledge, thanks for engaging with the discussion. If i may answer your comments in order?
I had no idea that what button or how you access the source menu would even matter.
I think it matters because i use it to select sources. I think other people might do this as well, i'm not sure, but some people seem to have put a lot of effort into making it look nice. I'm sure they think people are using it, otherwise why would they bother?
Is it really that big of a deal?
No, your right of course. Injustice, family, art, big brother - this is what's important. We are discussing (admittedly brilliant) homebrew for a games console. I would observe, however, that you thought it was enough of a 'big deal' to close the idea down. Twice.
I already know it is for spacepimp so he don't count.
I wish i could discuss this statement with you. I know what all the words mean, just not in that order. Are you coming on to me? Please PM with this sort of thing.
Frankly, I'm getting tired of changing it.
There was a bit of kerfuffle with the home button, wasn't there? I had the same idea too, if only we all had got together in some sort of forum and talked the idea through before you spent your valuable time coding. I do think we need a hard button to open the source menu, and the 'hard home button' implementation was a bit glitchy. Perhaps the home button could be better used elsewhere. Personally, I'd like to see a dialog box with Shut down (red), standby (orange), Restart (green), and return to wiiflow options, but there is a wealth of ideas around.
I mean, come on guys, it's not really that hard to point at the home/exit icon and press 'b'.
Yes, but there are quite a lot of these to remember, and this choice in particular is a little....unintuitive?
Yes i agree that the exit icon doesn't really have anything to do with the source menu
...thanks, I was just saying...
but all the other icons are taken.
Ah well if that's the problem, pop on over to http://gbatemp.net/t...eautiful-again/
We're discussing the wiiflow front end. I would hope this problem would generate a bunch of ideas if you detail it there. I'm a bit overtired and sarcastic (more sarcastic 'pimp, really?), but i really am sincere when i say thanks for all your coding work, and i would really appreciate and value your thoughts about ideas being discussed right now.
Manhugs (non-gender specific hugs where appropriate)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: