Hacking WiiDump 1.5

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Forgive me for asking, but what's the use of dumping GC games to the hard drive?
usb2.0 is faster than sd(hc), usb1.0 and sd gekko dumping.
if your talking about to a WBFS partition then you a really confused , this is like waninkoko's wii dvd dumper it dumps ios/bin files to a fat/fat32 file system from a wii/gc disc but 10x BETTER and FASTER!
and the use is so you can burn it to a disc and have a backup copy to use with gcbackuplauncher (and or gamma loader if it's a wii game.)

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
to be honest i know not how to make script files though i use Linux it's mostly just terminal commands like sudo apt-get install and the like but.
you could simply generate a .txt file with the cat command already in it say since i just dumped soul calibur 2 it could make a .txt file named GRSE.txt and contain the cat command in it E.G
Code:
cat GRSE_01_of_06.bin GRSE_02_of_06.bin GRSE_03_of_06.bin GRSE_04_of_06.bin GRSE_05_of_06.bin GRSE_06_of_06.bin > SOULCALIBUR2.iso
then copy and past it into terminal since i'm sure all Linux users know how to use terminal.
only thing you have to do is make sure the files are in the home/usernamehere/ directory, copy past that in terminal then hit enter and bam done.
playing the backup i made with that cat command as i speak so nothing is malformed about it.
How about:
CODE#!/bin/sh
GAMEID="GRSE"
cd `locate ${GAMEID}*.bin | sed "s/${GAMEID}*.bin//" | head -n1`
cat `ls | grep ${GAMEID}*.bin` > ${GAMEID}.iso

Sure, probably isn't the simplest (it is simple though
tongue.gif
) of solutions but, hey.

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
wolffangalchemist said:
to be honest i know not how to make script files though i use Linux it's mostly just terminal commands like sudo apt-get install and the like but.
you could simply generate a .txt file with the cat command already in it say since i just dumped soul calibur 2 it could make a .txt file named GRSE.txt and contain the cat command in it E.G
Code:
cat GRSE_01_of_06.bin GRSE_02_of_06.bin GRSE_03_of_06.bin GRSE_04_of_06.bin GRSE_05_of_06.bin GRSE_06_of_06.bin > SOULCALIBUR2.iso
then copy and past it into terminal since i'm sure all Linux users know how to use terminal.
only thing you have to do is make sure the files are in the home/usernamehere/ directory, copy past that in terminal then hit enter and bam done.
playing the backup i made with that cat command as i speak so nothing is malformed about it.
How about:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
GAMEID="GRSE"

Sure, probably isn't the simplest (it is simple though
tongue.gif
) of solutions but, hey.

that's _good_ but not great. how about this
biggrin.gif

CODE
#!/bin/sh
echo "what is the GAMEID"
read GAMEID
this way you can do more than just that one GAMEID

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nevermind that: much better way!
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "wiidump to iso file"
read gameid
echo "where are the files located"
read location
echo "where do you want the final iso?"
read output
cat $location/$gameid*.bin > $output/$gameid.iso

feel free to distribute this script with your program.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cojiro said:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
read gameid
read location
read output

I like it where it does it's job without user input.

But whatever you want.
tongue.gif

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
cojiro said:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
read gameid
read location
read output

I like it where it does it's job without user input.

But whatever you want.
tongue.gif
eh... I like the user input. makes more sense to me, that way it can be distributed and work for all isos instead of having to be generated by the dumping program, which I suppose is fine too. (using locate is not a good idea in my opinion, is should just be run from the directory instead)

zapfbandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the scripting ideas. I decided to teach myself shell scripting yesterday night, I really like Cojiros solution though, I might use it in 1.6 :-)

I now generate both a "*.bat" and a "*.sh" file that *should* do exactly the same thing ;-)

Anyway here is a new release, nothing other than fixes to the generated bat files and the addition of the generated sh file.

http://www.4shared.com/file/112859451/cc69...wiidump151.html

It is worth getting if you are a linux user or you had problems with the generated bat files from 1.5.
The bug fix only effects the case when linking failed, i.e. out of disk space during link the window would close straight away.

PS Any ideas for improvements or changes?

Also I am curious what transfer speeds people are getting? I get about 460K/s to USB (~3hr) and 140K/s to SDHC (~7hr) for Wii single layer games.

Thanks for all the interest... 166 downloads so far !!!
Zapf Bandit

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i dumped a gc game in 5 min and 12 secs and a wii singal layer disc in 27min and 17 secs both to usb.
i didn't check transfer speed lol just used a stop watch and wrote down the times.
anyways incredible speed increase compared to waninkokos dvd dumper be nice to have a channel made of this..
also a nice addition to it would be to adjust the size of the bin files like you can with waninkoko's dumper with the iso parts so there is less files to copy from the usb drive/sdhc card(if you have enough space for them to be bigger that is, which in my case i do.)

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
well i dumped a gc game in 5 min and 12 secs and a wii singal layer disc in 27min and 17 secs both to usb.

Please tell me that the Wii game was a burned disc that was originally dumped with USB loader (or "scrubbed" in some other manner), because a full 4.3 GB dump of an original should be taking 2+ hours.

????

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kanoeyes said:
Can i dump multisos gamecube games with this wiidump?

The idea behind this program is to dump original Wii and GameCube discs that cannot be read by standard DVD-ROM drives (specific LG models notwithstanding).

If you have a multi-ISO GameCube disc then surely it was burned to a standard DVD disc, making it readable by any DVD-ROM drive in any computer...?

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speed up and USB dumping alone make this program worth it!
used to take me around 8 hours before with wifi...

-=Phylos=-

kanoeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
fogbank said:
kanoeyes said:
Can i dump multisos gamecube games with this wiidump?

The idea behind this program is to dump original Wii and GameCube discs that cannot be read by standard DVD-ROM drives (specific LG models notwithstanding).

If you have a multi-ISO GameCube disc then surely it was burned to a standard DVD disc, making it readable by any DVD-ROM drive in any computer...?
Yes but i can´t find a way to extract a gamecube game multi-iso from pc , i did tried ultraiso but it do not recognize the games but did recognize the files to create a multi boot on the wii and only extract them... any solution?

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
cant get this to find my usb hdd.......only finds my sd card...........any ideas..............i have 2 partitions fat32 and the other loaded with games.......why does it not recognise my usb device..........

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting the same problem - it won't find the USB drive. I'm probably being dumb but I've read the readme several times and can't see where I'm going wrong.

I've got 3 partitions: NTFS, FAT32, WBFS in that order. Does the FAT32 one need to be first for it to be recognised?

Also, I've not installed another other cIOSes other than 249, would I need to install kwiirk's USB2 IOS as there's no mention of it... or is it just assumed that you'd already have it installed if you want to use the USB dumping method?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...