Wii #XXXX - Fragile Sayonara Tsuki no Haikyo (Japan)

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
One of my most anticipated games of 2009, I won't be able to understand a word, I know but I absolutely fell in love with it from the first trailer I saw a couple months ago.

Here's a better, longer trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLG1ykHDGmM

I'm a little worried that the release isn't number so I'll wait before getting it a bit, but does it work with Freeloader? My SD card reader is dead so I can't install the homebrew channel or anything, but if this one needs it I'm definitely getting a new SD card reader just for this.

I have a WiiKey and my Wii is still with the 3.2E firmware

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stripped the update and it boots with a drive chip.. on NTSC at least
smile.gif
Haven't played much yet but it looks great and runs smoothly. It has the whole fantastical night time look just right. You could probably muddle through the game without understanding the magical moonspeak but there's no point in a story heavy adventure.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sonicandtails said:
SoulAnger said:
Man, this sounds soo much like a hentai title. "Fragile" Hell just add doki doki would make it 100% hentai.
"Fragile: Doki Doki"
Doki Doki is the onomatopoeia for heart beating in Japanese, so you are a little off there.
probably he meant "puni puni"
smile.gif

kenshiro84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Brickblocked and tested on PAL wii 3.2E YAOSM v2 the game boots via disk channel with video issues.

But works fine with GeckOS.

Great game, but entirely in japanese, the story seems so deep that even if it was in english it would be difficult to understand.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
so I guess I have to install the homebrew channel and use GeckOS or whatever to boot it.
thanks

now all I need is a new SD card reader

btw why isn't the released numbered yet? Could it be a buggy release or something?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
so I guess I have to install the homebrew channel and use GeckOS or whatever to boot it.
thanks

now all I need is a new SD card reader

btw why isn't the released numbered yet? Could it be a buggy release or something?
Nope, most Japan releases are scrubbed, so it's not an original backup, so they give it #XXXX. Some are numbered, but not too many.

Pretty much all games work as a scrubbed release though.

(I'm not going to get this yet because there's another Japanese release I want to get that should be out tomorrow.
tongue.gif
)

lachinay said:
Sonicandtails said:
QUOTE(SoulAnger @ Jan 20 2009, 04:01 AM) Man, this sounds soo much like a hentai title. "Fragile" Hell just add doki doki would make it 100% hentai.
"Fragile: Doki Doki"
Doki Doki is the onomatopoeia for heart beating in Japanese, so you are a little off there.
probably he meant "puni puni"
smile.gif
There is a DS game called Doki Doki Majo Shinpan(hope I got it right)and it's a witch hunting game where the girls have a symbol somewhere on their body, and you have to look for it, to expose them as a witch.

jp_zer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Getting some errors. Don't understand what they mean though. After playing a while it will pop up and it won't take shit from nobody.

NTSC Wii, 3.3v1 WiiGator gamma.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I watched a fair amount of videos on IGN.

Besides some pretty environments, and some cool lighting effects, this game looks quite lame actually.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm about 12 hours in and it's a mixed bag. It does look great outside with the pretty coloured skies but when you have to trawl through the samey dark dungeons it can look really dull and unimaginative. There's a lot of running in straight lines through poorly laid out levels with a stop here and there to fight (or just run away which you can do 95% of the time if you want to). Combat is a bit janky with anticlimactic boss battles. Going up and down ladders is painfully slow too as is the inventory/backpack system.

The story is probably why I've kept playing. I'm really liking the whole mysterious end of the world thing. It has some cool Lost Odyssey style sidestory bits which tell tales of the missing people. There's some good use of the Wiimote speaker in a creep you out kinda way. It's all presented really well but you can still tell it's all wrapped around a linear storyline with the standard go here and get a cutscene, and fetch quest style gameplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: No need to apologize. +1