Wii U

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people have lost your sense of wonder by playing too many brown shooters. WiiU have the same brown shooters but also new Zelda.

I hope Nintendo have some new IPS, dont want them relying on old franchises over and over.

Shit forgot, they should have showed Pikmin 3!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a ton of people are confused about the device as a whole in question
is it just a portable "Wii U" or does the system stream the content to it?

this thing is probably gonna cost like $500
looks like they are trying to compete with the ipad except for the fact that the controller must be tethered to the system

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
HackyPack22 said:
Jamstruth said:
Sorry Nintendo. That is the WORST controller I have ever seen for a couple of reasons.
1. Price. That 6 inch touch screen won't come cheap. I reckon that's going to go for £50+
2. Size. Its a big-ass rectangle. Its about as ergonomic as a giant NES controller.
3. Layout. Sorry Nintendo that control layout is just gonna kill it. Due to the large size everything's spread out and will just cause a load of trouble for playing any serious games.

Here's my advice to Nintendo: Keep this one for the casual market, maybe it'll sell well. Personally I don't think so but whatever. Make a redesigned, lighter, smaller, more ergonomic and above-all cheaper version for proper gamers. If I'm Playing Zelda I don't want a giant inventory screen between my hands, I just want a small one, around the size of a DSi XL screen. Everything shrinks down to a more manageable size for anybody without giant hands and we can play it well. Everybody wins
biggrin.gif

This
I just drew a mockup as well. Its a work in progress but I think it looks alright for something thrown together in 2 minutes

63ae703c44cbe806fa460e4e4e3db216_16445504.jpg

HackyPack22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
HackyPack22 said:
Jamstruth said:
Sorry Nintendo. That is the WORST controller I have ever seen for a couple of reasons.
1. Price. That 6 inch touch screen won't come cheap. I reckon that's going to go for £50+
2. Size. Its a big-ass rectangle. Its about as ergonomic as a giant NES controller.
3. Layout. Sorry Nintendo that control layout is just gonna kill it. Due to the large size everything's spread out and will just cause a load of trouble for playing any serious games.

Here's my advice to Nintendo: Keep this one for the casual market, maybe it'll sell well. Personally I don't think so but whatever. Make a redesigned, lighter, smaller, more ergonomic and above-all cheaper version for proper gamers. If I'm Playing Zelda I don't want a giant inventory screen between my hands, I just want a small one, around the size of a DSi XL screen. Everything shrinks down to a more manageable size for anybody without giant hands and we can play it well. Everybody wins
biggrin.gif

This
I just drew a mockup as well. Its a work in progress but I think it looks alright for something thrown together in 2 minutes

63ae703c44cbe806fa460e4e4e3db216_16445504.jpg

In my opinion you've outdone Nintendo right there xD

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
It seems to be on par with the Ps3/360...and that's not a good thing. In a few years Sony and MS will have a brand new console and will leave the WiiU in the dust because they (nintendo) were first out of the gate.

It seems like Dreamcast all over again.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
It seems to be on par with the Ps3/360...and that's not a good thing. In a few years Sony and MS will have a brand new console and will leave the WiiU in the dust because they (nintendo) were first out of the gate.

Oh great. I really hope that Nintendo doesn't end up dropping out of the video game market.

They were the only original ones...

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:

and then the (good) 3rd party will ignore it all over again.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Best Conference of this year
yay.gif

Some will hate for no reason. Let them
tongue.gif
As technology progresses, cost of an electronic increases, so why whine like little kids? In 5 years time, home consoles will be over $700. Will you whine then? Yes, and later even buy it. Mentality of gamers in this world is getting weirder and weirder.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the placement of the analog sticks. The left side is no different than past Nintendo controllers (and the 3DS) in terms of how your left hand holds the device, and the right side just mimicks the left side in that sense.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the placement of the analog sticks. The left side is no different than past Nintendo controllers (and the 3DS) in terms of how your left hand holds the device, and the right side just mimicks the left side in that sense.
I think it's the fact that the buttons are below the analogs this time. I don't know, but it looks kind of uncomfortable.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn...people's comprehension skills are just awful, especially the ones who actually watched the presentation. This is just Nintendo's system to enter the HD era, which is a little disappointing that it's not more powerful(or who knows, it could run BF3 closer to max PC settings). Nintendo will have a good 2/3 years selling this system while MS/Sony don't have anything new.

The controller? Likely won't be that heavy. All the actual hardware is in the console not the controller. Interesting they went with the tablet route but that's what is most popular today. Button layout doesn't seem optimal, but games will likely be able to use the Wii controllers for WiiU games also...

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone else is confused like I was, it appears that this is a whole new console, not just a new controller.

wiiuheaderimg530px151512.jpg

Nintendo didn't seem to really care about clarifying what the wii u is.

Update: The Guardian also got to play with the Wii U, and says the console will be HD via HDMI, and have internal Flash memory, along with SD and USB solutions for adding more. The system will be backwards-compatible with the Wii (which we heard at the press event), and play both discs and downloadable software.

From Joystiq.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seraph said:
Damn...people's comprehension skills are just awful, especially the ones who actually watched the presentation. This is just Nintendo's system to enter the HD era, which is a little disappointing that it's not more powerful(or who knows, it could run BF3 closer to max PC settings). Nintendo will have a good 2/3 years selling this system while MS/Sony don't have anything new.

The controller? Likely won't be that heavy. All the actual hardware is in the console not the controller. Interesting they went with the tablet route but that's what is most popular today. Button layout doesn't seem optimal, but games will likely be able to use the Wii controllers for WiiU games also...

And very easy to interact with all sort of things.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Quietlyawesome94 said:
If anyone else is confused like I was, it appears that this is a whole new console, not just a new controller.

wiiuheaderimg530px151512.jpg

Nintendo didn't seem to really care about clarifying what the wii u is.

Update: The Guardian also got to play with the Wii U, and says the console will be HD via HDMI, and have internal Flash memory, along with SD and USB solutions for adding more. The system will be backwards-compatible with the Wii (which we heard at the press event), and play both discs and downloadable software.

From Joystiq.

Thanks for the backwards-compatibility news!

QUOTE(TwinRetro @ Jun 7 2011, 07:05 PM) WiiU controller confirmed SINGLE touch, not multi. Straight from Reggie's mouth.

Really? No multitouch? That's a shame, even the PSV has it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/8wi6dnzLcZ0?si=5zWGTK0CMXO3DJcb +2