DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
It seems to be on par with the Ps3/360...and that's not a good thing. In a few years Sony and MS will have a brand new console and will leave the WiiU in the dust because they (nintendo) were first out of the gate.

It seems like Dreamcast all over again.

The thing though is that Sony and MS went for the realistic graphics and high calculation processing approach first with the PS3 and X360. That's a nice jump from last generation, but I don't see as great of a jump in that sense with their next gen systems, as people are already used to that kind of presentation. Nintendo didn't make that jump with the Wii, but have now with the WiiU while also taking what they introduced with the Wii.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this in another topic but I feel it has place here
smile.gif

Overall the show was all over the place. They didnt even show the console it is leading to at least 4 pages of confusion on this very topic.

There were a LOT of portsfrom 360/PS3. Which makes me think whether the Wii-U is a next gen console or a current gen console

3DS Showing was particularly poor overall, with only hints of greatness, but these were very small hints.

They didnt announce the price which is incredibly stupid.

The Wii U looks like an amazing piece of tech but what is there apart from the controller that really will pull in PS3/360 owners? It looks like it's going to be very expensive.

IMO PSVita/PS3 showing > Wii U/3DS Showing.

The games on the Vita do look good and it looks like there are some good third party companies coming but theres a lot to be skeptical about. When the Wii was initially announced there wasn't a lot to be skeptical about except graphics. But the Wii U has so that could go wrong.

Nintendo will end up competing with their own handheld market at this rate. What were they thinking releasing the 3DS? Why couldn't they just wait? And there's a lack of synergy between their products right now, they should have cleared that up...

Hopefully Nintendo knows what it's doing but they really are shaky with this one. They didnt win E3, no one did (well Microsoft certainly didnt lol), they needed to be a bit more organised.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I don't hate the controller. I had the same fears for the N64, Gamecube and Wii controllers and they are all classics (if the Wii had an N64 classic controller, you'd all want it, right? Even though when you first saw one you went "Thats weird and will hurt my hands!")

I suspect that you will be able to control using the screen, not just the buttons- I for one thought the layout of the 3DS was a little uncomfortable at first but I am completely used to it now and if anything get less thumb-ache than I did on the DSlite.

Give it a chance- as much of a gimmick as it seems now, Nintendo have been perfecting dual screened touchscreen gaming for a while now, and they are taking it to its logical conclusion- so what if the PS4 and XBOXwhatever have superior graphics- the WiiU will have the advantage of being totally unique, and from what they showed us will be able to do things the Kinect and Move can't when it comes to flinging yourself about your living room.

Who here will be the first to get one and humbly post "It's actually pretty good, I've been addicted for 3 days, I take it all bac... the graphics could be better"?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Stop crying over less Wii titles and no proper revealing of Wii-U, if you remember, every company has 90 mins to talk. E3 really kicks off today so in 1-2 days we'll get full details on everything, imo Nintendo tried their best to properly reveal the console but they were limited by time.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
They didnt announce the price which is incredibly stupid.

Why announce a price when it won't be released for about a year? They are finalizing what components it'll use, and as the launch date gets closer, the price of those same components will be cheaper, thus changing the cost to make and possible the price to sell.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone hoping for a HD 4 Swords Adventures? If 4 Swords is going out for nothing, and the fact that WiiU is a souped up big version of the GC-GBA setup, could this be a massive hint at another 4 person Vaati based Zelda game?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just saw the presenation again. MIND BLOWING IF YOU THINK ALITTLE MORE ABOUT IT.
THE POSSIBILTIES, MAN!!!!!!!!

Completely new structure......

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lube_Skyballer said:
FOR FUCKS SAKE GIVE IT A CHANCE
Don't decide it sucks 1 hour after you saw it first. Don't be so narrow minded. FFS

You can use it like a motion gaming console or what you actually want; a HD FPS/third party console with hardcore games
It's insane that Nintendo seems to finally create a console that combines both worlds; Wii owners really wanted FPS's and good third party hardcore games and Xbox 360/PS3 owners wanted good ol' Nintendo titles like Mario, Zelda, SSB and Metroid.
The seemingly kiddy console Wii U fixes this problem. A full-fledged CoD (or even better Battlefield 3) and Mario and Zelda games on ONE console. THINK ABOUT IT FOR ONE SECOND

I could NOT agree more with pretty much everything you just said!
Nintendo ftw!
ohmy.gif

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joining the club of the few who are not only impressed with this years E3, but also impressed with Nintendo's E3.

(Microsoft's was kind of boring, but still cool.)

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overall, this system seem to be a nice upgrade from the Wii. It's still seems unlikely that most games will look like PC BF3 (or better) in a few years (production costs are a lot you know). And now there will be HD Nintendo games. Having its own display is also a plus for me as I don't have to fire up my main display (which relies on a lamp). Just wish I could be able to use it for other systems. I'd say the price will be close to the price of current gen base model systems...the controller may be a different story.

And for the people touting they know better business models for Nintendo? How many 3DS's has Nintendo sold compared to the PSV? A lot, because they had a head start. What is Nintendo competing against in 2012 as for new consoles? Nothing. People will buy the Wii U as it will be the only place to play HD Nintendo titles or just want an upgrade to the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place