Wii U USB Helper unable to play Wii VC Games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by vgplayer54, Feb 13, 2017.

1. vgplayer54
    OP

vgplayer54 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    Hello,

I have a quick question - I have downloaded numerous Wii U titles as well as Virtual Console titles from Wii U USB Helper for my Wii U RedNAND and it has worked beautifully. All Wii U games and VC games run without any problems with the exception of Wii VC titles. I downloaded two- Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Paper Mario for the Wii (USA version) from Wii U USB Helper, installed it as I have with all other titles (using System Config Tool) however they will not launch. When I open the games in the Wii U menu within RedNand, the game's image appears as if its opening properly, then the gamepad turns black with the word "Wii" on it (again, opening properly), then the Wii U just reboots itself back into SysNand. I am not sure why they aren't loading properly...

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

2. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    I don't think you can run Wii games with RedNand. I feel like I read this somewhere, but I can't remember exactly where....

3. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
  4. JohnathanMonkey

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
  5. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    The title of this thread is not only misleading it is also totally wrong the error has zero to do with USB download helper thee error is to do with wii VC titles not working on rednand unless you do a double install to sysnand and rednand. Now thanks to the title people may come to the wrong conclusion and think that the amazing USB download helper is to blame and they may not use it.

Last edited by Marko76, Feb 13, 2017
  6. vgplayer54
    OP

vgplayer54 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    Sorry about that, it was never my intention to mislead anyone, but I don't seem to have the permissions to rename it unfortunately. If a moderator could do that, it would be perfect.
    Also thank you for the replies, I will attempt to install onto both SysNand and Rednand (although I think it's on the USB at the moment, but I'll try anyway) thank you!

7. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Key Largo, Florida
    How do you install the 3DS games?

8. JohnathanMonkey

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Use FBI

9. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Key Largo, Florida
    FBI works for .app ?

10. JohnathanMonkey

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Oh I'm sorry. You just need to right click on the game from within Wii U USB Helper and the last option is to convert it to cia