brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The entirety whether I keep this system (and I want to!) hinders on an SNES emulator I can play anywhere in range of the system (with the gamepad). Cmon devs!
Quark The Awesome and I each made a LiteNES version that works on 5.5.x firmware, if I had lower firmware, or kernel was public for 5.5.x, I could have ported one with sound. I have no idea why none has been ported or made for the lower firmwares, you'd have to ask the developers that have a lower firmware version why they haven't. Only thing that seems to be a priority is Loadiine.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quark The Awesome and I each made a LiteNES version that works on 5.5.x firmware, if I had lower firmware, or kernel was public for 5.5.x, I could have ported one with sound. I have no idea why none has been ported or made for the lower firmwares, you'd have to ask the developers that have a lower firmware version why they haven't. Only thing that seems to be a priority is Loadiine.
I assume you've messaged MN1, knowing him he hasn't looked at any of them because school and probably won't until like Sunday lmao
he barely gets on IRC sometimes

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea why none has been ported or made for the lower firmwares, you'd have to ask the developers that have a lower firmware version why they haven't. Only thing that seems to be a priority is Loadiine.

Loadiine can load SNES games which is probably the reason this hasn't happened.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
dont do it man , they will assimilate you.....lol....
I was in a special club on both the Xbox and Xbox 360, many, many, many years of having private things, and most things I even made, I couldn't even share. It was horrible. You'd think it was great, but no, it really sucked. Only certain people able to use anything you made, it was cool in the beginning, but by the time I was in the 360 crowd, that feeling quickly changed. The hardware I may or may not have had in my house was also a bit scary at times, not knowing for sure if I'd get in trouble for anything. At least now I can legally and officially turn my retail Xbox One into a devkit, it is giving me most of the joy and fun I had back in the day. The Wii U was for a little bit, until I found out how limited userspace was, but I'm so tired of making things that only my eyes can see, and can only share with a handful of other people. I had a lot of things stolen from me back in the day too, because I couldn't really say much at the time. Develop and make something, then someone else gets credit for it, screw that noise. I'll eventually figure out an exploit, unless one becomes public before then, we'll see.

Nini's not dumb - they are never going to ever patch this exploit - even if they know exactly how it works.
This way they know the exploit will be private forever
Well, if the exploit is ever released, the answer will come when you see how long it takes them to patch it. If they patch it immediately, you'll know Nintendo has been sitting on the patch ...

Honestly, I would actually be very surprised if Nintendo doesn't know about the exploits, they know a lot more than you would think ...

Last edited by brienj,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was in a special club on both the Xbox and Xbox 360, many, many, many years of having private things, and most things I even made, I couldn't even share. It was horrible. You'd think it was great, but no, it really sucked. Only certain people able to use anything you made, it was cool in the beginning, but by the time I was in the 360 crowd, that feeling quickly changed. The hardware I may or may not have had in my house was also a bit scary at times, not knowing for sure if I'd get in trouble for anything. At least now I can legally and officially turn my retail Xbox One into a devkit, it is giving me most of the joy and fun I had back in the day. The Wii U was for a little bit, until I found out how limited userspace was, but I'm so tired of making things that only my eyes can see, and can only share with a handful of other people. I had a lot of things stolen from me back in the day too, because I couldn't really say much at the time. Develop and make something, then someone else gets credit for it, screw that noise. I'll eventually figure out an exploit, unless one becomes private before then, we'll see.
I assume that the reason why you haven't developed or worked on LiteNES for 5.4 and below is due to the absence of a console in that firmware version, right?
You can still ask for the private exploit for 5.5, develop anything on it, and then once you have the app working, you can release it for 5.4 and 5.3.2 users, it's just a matter of backporting it while you can still keep the exploit private.
Basically, you can release for people on lower firmwares while you can still develop in newer ones with the private exploit.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I assume that the reason why you haven't developed or worked on LiteNES for 5.4 and below is due to the absence of a console in that firmware version, right?
You can still ask for the private exploit for 5.5, develop anything on it, and then once you have the app working, you can release it for 5.4 and 5.3.2 users, it's just a matter of backporting it while you can still keep the exploit private.
Basically, you can release for people on lower firmwares while you can still develop in newer ones with the private exploit.
Well, if I was making an emulator for 5.4 and below, it wouldn't be LiteNES, it would be one that had sound and could play most, if not all, of the SNES ROMs. But like I said in a previous post, I don't want any private exploit, and I pretty much explained why in my latest post. If it's public, I'd take it, but until then I am perfectly happy waiting.

Wii8461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I can’t connect to the TCP Gecko Client. When I click the connect button, it tries to connect 3 times (about 5 seconds each try) and then says “Connection to TCP Gecko has failed! Do you want to retry?”
I have tried many times to get it to work, yet so far I am having no luck. The program hasn’t successfully connected even once.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I’ve spent days trying to get it to work… I’d really appreciate the help!
Here’s some information that might help narrow down what the problem is:

What I do to run everything:
  • Launch the kernel exploit
  • Launch the Gecko installer
  • Launch the game (Generally Smash Wii U)
  • Go to a static menu (Like the controls menu)
  • Launch Gecko dNet as administrator.
  • Try to connect (Doesn’t work)

Setup:
Wii U:
  • FW: 5.3.2U
  • The DNS is set to TubeHax
  • IP is set to static IP (Tried with automatic too)
  • Router is setup to block internet access

PC:
  • Windows 7 (if this matters)
  • Self-hosting files (Using Mongoose from newest definitive package)
  • Exception added to firewall and virus projection for Gecko dNet
  • Has Visual C++ Redistributables (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015) (Read you need 2010 to use the program)

Files:
  • All-in-one kernel exploit (from newest definitive package)
  • Gecko codehandler compiled from the wiiudev Github (And tried a bunch of other versions too)
  • Gecko dNet.exe (from newest definitive package)

Things I’ve tried to get it to connect:
  • Completely disabled virus protection and firewall
  • Tried many different gecko codehandlers (Definitive pack, Github, and several modified versions)
  • Also tried a different build of Gecko dNet
  • Used a completely different computer (with Windows 10)
  • Installed Visual Studio stuff and updated .Net Framework (also on other computer)
  • Connecting With Smash Wii U (On about 10 different menus, and in a match), Mario Kart 8, Mario Bros. U
  • I’ve tried a couple of small things too (Found them from other threads)

Other things:
  • I am able to connect with pyGecko, and Bully’s Jgecko.
  • I am also able to connect with Cafiine (Basically meaning I can connect to everything but Gecko dNet).
  • I checked my IP many times; it’s definitely the right one.
  • When I try to connect, a majority of the time the connect button will still say “Connect to gecko” while trying to connect. But other times, after clicking connect, the program will stop responding for a second or two and then the connection button will say “Cancel Connection’ while attempting to connect. (Still doesn’t work though)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t connect to the TCP Gecko Client. When I click the connect button, it tries to connect 3 times (about 5 seconds each try) and then says “Connection to TCP Gecko has failed! Do you want to retry?”
I have tried many times to get it to work, yet so far I am having no luck. The program hasn’t successfully connected even once.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I’ve spent days trying to get it to work… I’d really appreciate the help!
Here’s some information that might help narrow down what the problem is:

What I do to run everything:
  • Launch the kernel exploit
  • Launch the Gecko installer
  • Launch the game (Generally Smash Wii U)
  • Go to a static menu (Like the controls menu)
  • Launch Gecko dNet as administrator.
  • Try to connect (Doesn’t work)

Setup:
Wii U:
  • FW: 5.3.2U
  • The DNS is set to TubeHax
  • IP is set to static IP (Tried with automatic too)
  • Router is setup to block internet access
PC:
  • Windows 7 (if this matters)
  • Self-hosting files (Using Mongoose from newest definitive package)
  • Exception added to firewall and virus projection for Gecko dNet
  • Has Visual C++ Redistributables (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015) (Read you need 2010 to use the program)
Files:
  • All-in-one kernel exploit (from newest definitive package)
  • Gecko codehandler compiled from the wiiudev Github (And tried a bunch of other versions too)
  • Gecko dNet.exe (from newest definitive package)

Things I’ve tried to get it to connect:
  • Completely disabled virus protection and firewall
  • Tried many different gecko codehandlers (Definitive pack, Github, and several modified versions)
  • Also tried a different build of Gecko dNet
  • Used a completely different computer (with Windows 10)
  • Installed Visual Studio stuff and updated .Net Framework (also on other computer)
  • Connecting With Smash Wii U (On about 10 different menus, and in a match), Mario Kart 8, Mario Bros. U
  • I’ve tried a couple of small things too (Found them from other threads)

Other things:
  • I am able to connect with pyGecko, and Bully’s Jgecko.
  • I am also able to connect with Cafiine (Basically meaning I can connect to everything but Gecko dNet).
  • I checked my IP many times; it’s definitely the right one.
  • When I try to connect, a majority of the time the connect button will still say “Connect to gecko” while trying to connect. But other times, after clicking connect, the program will stop responding for a second or two and then the connection button will say “Cancel Connection’ while attempting to connect. (Still doesn’t work though)
Well, for one, you can only have one connection at a time so are you sure pyGecko or JGecko aren't already connected? I'd also ask if anything else could be using the port but that's unlikely. Other than that, I have no idea given everything you've tried :\ the dotNet client was always doing weird stuff which was half the reason I moved on to pyGecko, only ever use it for memdumping

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CfZzF1pWAAcseBZ.jpg:orig
Well that is just incorrect about this week's network maintenance:
Provides information about network maintenance within the last 24 hours.

label_wiiu.png

Last update: Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Online Play, Rankings, etc.
Server maintenance has been completed. Thank you for your cooperation.

Date and time
From Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:50 PM - Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:28 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services
certain network services
Network Maintenance Information / Operational Status

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well that is just incorrect about this week's network maintenance:
Provides information about network maintenance within the last 24 hours.

label_wiiu.png

Last update: Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Online Play, Rankings, etc.
Server maintenance has been completed. Thank you for your cooperation.

Date and time
From Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:50 PM - Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:28 PM Pacific Time
Affected Services
certain network services
Network Maintenance Information / Operational Status

but maybe they refer to this :
F39aJpk.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently