Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're mostly using Tockdom for game modding of NintendoWare, and WiiUBrew for system documentation, haven't really decided on a more general game-modding wiki though.
I tried signing up for WiiUBrew but it asked me some weird question about "time % -F | sha1sum | head -c8 echo" or something like that and I just decided on Wikia.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried signing up for WiiUBrew but it asked me some weird question about "time % -F | sha1sum | head -c8 echo" or something like that and I just decided on Wikia.

Use Cygwin, you'll need it anyways if you want to develop homebrew :P
WiiUBrewCygwin.png

Reactions: VinsCool

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I was using command prompt. I need to make some changes. Should I delete that Wikia and just contribute to Wii U Brew (I was going to cover retro consoles also).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NWPlayer123, a question that i have:

You can create a way to use the menu settings without the gamepad? Use for example Pro Controller U.It is possible?
I'm afraid if someday my gamepad stop working.
No.
The Wii U gamepas must not be seen as a controller in the strictest sense.
It 's the wii u gamesystem, and the gamepad is part of it, like a car and it's steering wheel.
They can not be seen separate.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding a Wii U exploit into a PC program!? :blink:

I'm adding a button to instantly setup IIS on Windows to host homebrU, a button to "Install" a homebrU app to a local server directory, and a built-in version of Cafiine and TCP Gecko. Basically, a streamlined way to quickly and easily run homebrU and game mods on a Wii U!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
The Wii U gamepas must not be seen as a controller in the strictest sense.
It 's the wii u gamesystem, and the gamepad is part of it, like a car and it's steering wheel.
They can not be seen separate.
Do you work for Nindendo or something? We can look at it however we want. If every player was required to use a gamepad you might have an argument, but you don't. It is a controller (input/output device) pure and simple and a failed one at that.

It's most egregious offense is it creates inequity in gameplay.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a failed controller by any means, there is a lot of great things it accomplishes that can't be done elsewhere. I hope they continue to offer a game pad like option in their next system as well. You're right though, it is a controller, plain and simple, but it's truly a fantastic and unique controller. Nintendo just needs to put less of an emphasis on it. For the most part they're great about making the game pad completely optional, but there are a few rare occasions where the game pad is needlessly a neccessity when a pro controller would get the job done just fine. But for the most part they do a great job of making it completely optional and adding in unique gameplay ideas that can utilize it.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
It's not a failed controller by any means, there is a lot of great things it accomplishes that can't be done elsewhere. I hope they continue to offer a game pad like option in their next system as well. You're right though, it is a controller, plain and simple, but it's truly a fantastic and unique controller. Nintendo just needs to put less of an emphasis on it. For the most part they're great about making the game pad completely optional, but there are a few rare occasions where the game pad is needlessly a neccessity when a pro controller would get the job done just fine. But for the most part they do a great job of making it completely optional and adding in unique gameplay ideas that can utilize it.
Well, the gamepad is not optional because it's the only controller that comes with the Wii U, some people don't have any other controllers, get it now?

Reactions: Margen67

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the gamepad is not optional because it's the only controller that comes with the Wii U, some people don't have any other controllers, get it now?

Well I suppose, but surely if you're getting a system like the Wii U which emphasizes multiplayer gaming in the family room, you'd be getting more controllers anyway.

I mean is anyone in here really complaining about the game pad but don't possess any other controller options for their Wii U? If that oddity of a person exists, go buy a pro controller, it's an easily remedied situation, but I do know that some people would rather complain than rationally address the "issue."

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
part of the gamepad is a controller . another part of it is a screen , and another part of it is tied to the wiiu , it isnt just a controller it carries a feature set integral to the wiiu's functionality.. part of that being a gamepad.. get it.?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/