Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9. User Data.

The Software together with the Service may collect certain data and information about your use and, if you are an entity, your individual users’ use of the Service (“User Data”). Any personally identifiable information contained in User Data provided to OpenDNS will be treated as set forth in the OpenDNS Privacy Policy available at http://www.opendns.com/privacy-policy/. With the exception of any personally identifiable information you or your individual users submit, any information you transmit to OpenDNS via the Services related to the functionality of the Services and Software, whether by direct entry, submission, e-mail or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and will become the property of OpenDNS. OpenDNS also owns all data generated by the Services and Software, and any statistical information related to the usage, traffic patterns and behavior of the users of the Services (“Statistical Data”) (so long as such Statistical Data will not include personally identifying User Data).

Yeah, no thanks...

And so does every other service you use including your ISP. So what's the point?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Right its similar to the wii u

I mean they both only have the webkit exploit and arent these guys messing with the webkit with the
wii u for kernel?
why are you asking wiiu devs for ps4 kernel? makes no sence, just becuase they use webkit they are two totaly diferent systems. is like comparing apples to oranges.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i was asking was it possible

To put it simply and bluntly: anything is possible if its popsicle, but working on the PS4 would be completely different than working on the Wii U. Yes, they both have webkit exploits, but how the systems work is entirely different, which requires an entirely different method of approach for PS4 than Wii U.

IF Wii U Brew devs wanted to try and tackle a whole new challenge, thats up to them. But it would basically be a completely different project.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To put it simply and bluntly: anything is possible if its popsicle, but working on the PS4 would be completely different than working on the Wii U. Yes, they both have webkit exploits, but how the systems work is entirely different, which requires an entirely different method of approach for PS4 than Wii U.

IF Wii U Brew devs wanted to try and tackle a whole new challenge, thats up to them. But it would basically be a completely different project.

Speaking of which, the Skype group's been debating where to start documenting stuff. We're probably either going to end up at WiiUBrew or start our own site (since WiiUBrew is kinda heavily vWii focused and abandoned). We're also starting research on an ELF loader which should give people a clean slate to work with (since we're basically stopping all threads and starting over from scratch ala a soft reset). Not sure if it'll require the kernel exploit or not, we'll try to avoid it (unless of course Relys can get the kernel exploit to near 100% accuracy in which case I don't see why not). Also not sure if we should get DevKitPro involved (IE other than using their PPC compiler).
Basically we're starting to divy up the work, Relys is working on polishing the kernel exploit, MN1 and I are working on OS/IOSU research and ELF loading, and Hykem's working on the Webkit exploit.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of which, the Skype group's been debating where to start documenting stuff. We're probably either going to end up at WiiUBrew or start our own site (since WiiUBrew is kinda heavily vWii focused and abandoned). We're also starting research on an ELF loader which should give people a clean slate to work with (since we're basically stopping all threads and starting over from scratch ala a soft reset). Not sure if it'll require the kernel exploit or not, we'll try to avoid it (unless of course Relys can get the kernel exploit to near 100% accuracy in which case I don't see why not). Also not sure if we should get DevKitPro involved (IE other than using their PPC compiler).
Basically we're starting to divy up the work, Relys is working on polishing the kernel exploit, MN1 and I are working on OS/IOSU research and ELF loading, and Hykem's working on the Webkit exploit.

Documenting as in hosting stuff, listing the different changelogs and such, guides etc.? It depends on what you mean by that lol but yes i think the time to start documenting is upon us.

Reactions: Margen67

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...debating where to start documenting stuff. We're probably either going to end up at WiiUBrew or start our own site (since WiiUBrew is kinda heavily vWii focused and abandoned).
WiiUBrew is intended for documenting the Wii U. It's vWii heavy because that was studied first, since a lot of knowledge of the Wii carried over. Let's not keep it that way. It's not called vWiiBrew, but if you decide to host your own, then that's what it will essentially be. WiiBrew for Wii and WiiUBrew for WiiU. Why make it more complicated than that?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's only "vWii focused and abandoned" because nobody has anything else to contribute until now :P

3DSbrew has become an invaluable resource for 3DS devs, it'd be nice to see WiiUBrew follow suit.

Edit: Ha! yahoo said pretty much the same thing. Perhaps I should read all the new posts before I reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY