Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Ninja_Carver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom linux drivers could be written for the Wii U gamepad, giving Trinux (in U mode) the ability to utilize it.

That being said, writing drivers is above my skill level, but i know that Ninja_Carver wrote a lot of the drivers for the vWii himself. I cant speak for him though on whether or not hes up to the challenge of writing gamepad drivers for U mode.

On a side note, i want to see a plethora of alternative OS's flourish on the Wii U, the more the merrier! As the scene matures and we reach the point of having multiple alternative OS's on the Wii U, I'll be one of those nut jobs with all of them on my Wii U including the official CafeOS XD

gonna have to correct you here. I didn't 'write' any drivers for vWii, though I did manage to hack some together on some occasions. I don't possess the skills to write new drivers, but I sometimes get lucky and can get shit working :). I don't think I'm up to this particular task though...

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of that Phantom video game console that was allegedly going to be compatible with everything. I'd completely ignore it until something is actually made available for sale and reviewed, if I were you. No use getting your hopes up about something that stinks of vaporware in the worst way.

Yeah, I know how difficult that project will be, and it isn't one of the immediate goals. It's more of a far off thing we hope to do much later. My partner just put it there to make the OS sound more impressive. :P

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this sounds cliche but a backup loader would be great. I like having my games on a hdd. I've already had to buy two copies of mario kart 8 as my kids wrecked the first copy ( It looked like they had been ice skating on it :( ) And on the plus side you save your drive from wearing out. I hope somebody looks into making a loader. If the wiiu is coming to end of it's time what does it matter anyway?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this sounds cliche but a backup loader would be great. I like having my games on a hdd. I've already had to buy two copies of mario kart 8 as my kids wrecked the first copy ( It looked like they had been ice skating on it :( ) And on the plus side you save your drive from wearing out. I hope somebody looks into making a loader. If the wiiu is coming to end of it's time what does it matter anyway?
Luckily for you, Nintendo has hacked the Wii U, all you need is a internet connection and a USB hdd and then you can have all your games on a hdd...

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Luckily for you, Nintendo has hacked the Wii U, all you need is a internet connection and a USB hdd and then you can have all your games on a hdd...

Could you explain that? i seriously hate having Zelda: Wind Waker in my console's HDD

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain that? i seriously hate having Zelda: Wind Waker in my console's HDD

You can download the games form the eShop straight to the external HDD and play them from there. I'm not sure if it's possible to move it from internal to external though.. check your Settings/Data Management.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know how difficult that project will be, and it isn't one of the immediate goals. It's more of a far off thing we hope to do much later. My partner just put it there to make the OS sound more impressive. :P

Curious, but how much of Darkside has been "finished"? Is it still in conceptual stages, or is it currently in the "building" stage?

Edit: Ignore that, I just found your agenda. Nice work, it looks like most of the fundamental stuff for most CPUs is either done or mostly done! The lack of AMD support makes me sad, though :c

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: can confirm all functionality is needed. So I got my hands on the code folder for the game, disassembled the RPX, and found these curious strings:

00EDEE34 mp::nfc::TagSystemData::isSilver(const(void))
00EDEDE0 mp::nfc::TagSystemData::isGold(const(void))

along with a bunch of other functions in a nice Mario Party library, and a bunch of functions from their engine too. Reverse engineering games is going to be so much easier now that we have symbols provided in most binaries.

Dude you rock, thanks for that! Wasn't expecting you to check it so fast.
I know it may sound sad but the possibilities excite me!

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wasn't around here for a few days, any updates on an exploit for 5.3.2 already?
Dont ask lol, you just missed a whole lotta drama surrounding 5.3.2 lol. For an answer to keep things from becoming utter chaos again, i suggest you PM Marionumber1 and/or NWPlayer123 directly...

Any reference to the other "thing" will likely result in a nuclear holocaust XD.

If you really wanna know you can PM me and ill explain but not in public view here lol

Reactions: Margen67

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wasn't around here for a few days, any updates on an exploit for 5.3.2 already?

Not yet, we're all still pretty busy (to the point of not even signing in to Skype), so not much progress has been made. I'd expect to hear something by Monday(weekends are usually the best time to work).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.etonline.com/daniel-radcliffe-reacts-to-harry-potter-reboot-series-offers-advice-excl...