EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Just a random side-question (since I want to learn about the Wii U ;P )

Once the exploit is out will there be any possible way to mod the vWii without actually owning one of the exploitable games? I mean I could just search one of those on eBay but still, just as a question now ;)

Reactions: pelago and Margen67

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a random side-question (since I want to learn about the Wii U ;P )

Once the exploit is out will there be any possible way to mod the vWii without actually owning one of the exploitable games? I mean I could just search one of those on eBay but still, just as a question now ;)

It's absolutely possible, but I doubt it will happen any time soon. I suggested that idea on this thread a while ago, and no-one was interested.

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, ill be that guy.....what exactly am i looking for, marionumber1? maybe i just havent played nintendoland in awhile, but what mod(s) did you actually do? only thing out of place i noticed was what im assuming is the browser exploit (the window with the blank box)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, ill be that guy.....what exactly am i looking for, marionumber1? maybe i just havent played nintendoland in awhile, but what mod(s) did you actually do? only thing out of place i noticed was what im assuming is the browser exploit (the window with the blank box)

Change "Hello?" to "Hello GBAtemp!" (I probably could've picked a better text edit to do)

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I thought I'd also do some cleanup.
SARCExtract v0.2 is now released! I removed the conversion from string to ints then back to string and switched to bit manipulation. Thanks to thakis for the basis with yaz0dec.
People were also requesting a license so I added one too. tl;dr, do whatever the hell you want ;) I'm here for the cool hacks, not for some licensing wars.
Here's a 32-bit EXE for people having trouble getting it to work.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sleep as it's 1AM and I have to go and be a productive member of society tomorrow.
Awesome program! It's a SARC Extractor but it can extract Wii U SZS files too! Well, there is a bug(idk if it's really a bug), when I extract SZS files, the extension is missing, now I have to open every file in Hex editor to see what the extension is and then rename the file, can you fix it?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome program! It's a SARC Extractor but it can extract Wii U SZS files too! Well, there is a bug(idk if it's really a bug), when I extract SZS files, the extension is missing, now I have to open every file in Hex editor to see what the extension is and then rename the file, can you fix it?

No, that's how it is inside the file. NSMBU files just do that, no idea why. You have to know what format the file is using a hex editor.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is learning to code for homebrew vastly different between the Wii,3DS, and WiiU? Does the large library that runs along the program (WiiU) make development different or easier? Are graphical manipulations going to be easier on the WiiU compared to the Wii or 3DS. I don't mean WiiU capability, but the API to do graphical things.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is learning to code for homebrew vastly different between the Wii,3DS, and WiiU? Does the large library that runs along the program (WiiU) make development different or easier? Are graphical manipulations going to be easier on the WiiU compared to the Wii or 3DS. I don't mean WiiU capability, but the API to do graphical things.

It depends, not much experimenting has been done (as well as the fact that we haven't made a proper ELF loader yet), so honestly we have no idea how difficult it's going to be. That's what making a homebrew SDK is for :) Both to learn about the system and to make it easier to do certain things.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd post some progress on stuff outside of Webkit/kernel exploit, I've been disassembling part of SM3DW as well, it works a lot like SMG2's engine.
For example, it has several object tables defining the creation functions (which point to init functions which have a vtable). It has a few weird functions that point to the extern section though which I'm very confused about (like that first dword).
I hope you're looking forward to how good the game modding scene is gonna be because I know I am :)

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd post some progress on stuff outside of Webkit/kernel exploit, I've been disassembling part of SM3DW as well, it works a lot like SMG2's engine.
For example, it has several object tables defining the creation functions (which point to init functions which have a vtable). It has a few weird functions that point to the extern section though which I'm very confused about (like that first dword).
I hope you're looking forward to how good the game modding scene is gonna be because I know I am :)

If I had to guess, that weird function is printing something (a parameter you passed) to a log. It looks like it'd be in the format "<something at 0x02706BF8>: <parameter>\n". And I think sub_26B31DC is what's printing those individual components.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ