Hacking Wii U GCN adapter on vWii?

itchyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a mayflash wii gamecube adapter that let gamecube controllers work in USB loader GX menus and wii games (like Dokapon Kingdom) on the Wii U. The Wii U GCN adapter doesn't work in those places! It works with Gamecube games in Nintendont but that's about it.

Is there a way to get it to work?

Thanks!

Edit:

This is what I have now (sux) https://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI

This is what I had before that worked everywhere in vWii (good) https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Switch/dp/B00YH2TGYS

Last edited by itchyd,

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it won't work. Only way is to get a wiimote to GameCube adapter, where the GameCube controller works as a classic controller, which I assume is what you had previously?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a mayflash wii gamecube adapter that let gamecube controllers work in USB loader GX menus and wii games (like Dokapon Kingdom) on the Wii U. The Wii U GCN adapter doesn't work in those places! It works with Gamecube games in Nintendont but that's about it.

Thanks!
certain programs only support certain adapters if you want highest compatibility buy the official smash bros adapter

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seriously-what-am-i-invisible.jpg

itchyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The old mayflash one worked so I am selling the offical one and getting the mayflash one which works everywhere (maybe not switch).

Edit: Just checked it supposedly works on 3.0+ switches so I will test that out.

Last edited by itchyd,

JHoliness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The old mayflash one worked so I am selling the offical one and getting the mayflash one which works everywhere (maybe not switch).

Edit: Just checked it supposedly works on 3.0+ switches so I will test that out.
No Gamecube controller adapter, official or otherwise, will work for Wii games in vWii. Only Nintendont is able to use the adapter.

The only way currently is like @bootmonster said, use something like this.

Reactions: bootmonster

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize for hitting an old thread but I'm confused. Based on what I have read etc. JHoliness is correct in that the vWII won't support any of the USB GC adapters (other than Nintendont); however, itchyd says that he has used a mayflash one that did work for wii games on wii u ... Was itchyd just confused?

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for hitting an old thread but I'm confused. Based on what I have read etc. JHoliness is correct in that the vWII won't support any of the USB GC adapters (other than Nintendont); however, itchyd says that he has used a mayflash one that did work for wii games on wii u ... Was itchyd just confused?
He used one that connected to a WiiMote not a USB adapter. The adapter which connects to the WiiMote mimics a classic controller so works in Wii/Wii U games that support the classic controller.

Reactions: geoGolem

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Thanks!

Edit:

This is what I have now (sux) https://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI

This is what I had before that worked everywhere in vWii (good) https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Switch/dp/B00YH2TGYS
Support is game specific so that's why it's so difficult to implement support for it. I believe there is a mod for Smash Bros Brawl to support the GameCube adapter but that's about it. GC controller support was not a big enough thing in other games for people to bother. They generally work better with a Classic Controller or Wiimote/Nunchuck anyway as the games are not optimized for the GC controller's unusual button layout.

Reactions: geoGolem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.