Hardware Wii U - Ebay $30.00 - Risky ?

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maaan it looks so scammy, but I'm also kinda tempted to get one myself. Worst case scenario, what's the worst that can happen? I get inconvenienced having to file a complaint with PayPal? It's not like he'll be able to hack all my information just from a eBay listing.
Yeah I picked one up for this. I don't have a job yet so filing a complaint with PayPal will probably be the most exciting part of my day if worst comes to worst. Can I still file one if they send something else, like a picture of the product or an empty box?

DaftMink

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was thinking it was a typo in the price, 30 and 300 kinds close.
A part of me is hoping it isn't and the guy just has to many, like he ordered 1000 instead of 1. XD

Ebay and Paypal hold funds for 3 days until after deliver 21 if no tracking.
Ebay offers 30 days after money back buyer protection, and Paypal offers 180 if the item isn't as described.

More then likely a typo and the order will be cancelled by the seller tomorrow.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still haven't accepted payment yet. At least according to my PayPal page. I was wondering why I didn't get an e-mail from PayPal saying I sent $30 to the guy and saw it on that on the PayPal website.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still haven't accepted payment yet. At least according to my PayPal page. I was wondering why I didn't get an e-mail from PayPal saying I sent $30 to the guy and saw it on that on the PayPal website.
Fishy smells something

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst case scenario, what's the worst that can happen if I don't want to reread when I read that sentence for a second time? xD

So I just bought one anyway. I doubt it'll actually work but I'm living life on the edge right now.
Do keep us updated!

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
upload_2015-9-25_22-56-39.png

That's a first.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would jump in on the hype train but there are already 2 Wii Us in my home, not sure what I would do with another..lol

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That usually means that the email address associated with the ebay account isn't associated with a paypal account. You'd have to void the sale and have the buyer retry once you've fixed the problem. You may as well go to your paypal account and cancel the payment. This isn't your lucky day.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
@stab244 when did you order it?
That usually means that the email address associated with the ebay account isn't associated with a paypal account. You'd have to void the sale and have the buyer retry once you've fixed the problem. You may as well go to your paypal account and cancel the payment. This isn't your lucky day.
My ebay and PayPal aren't linked but they share an email. Never had an issue before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, sleep well +1