Hacking Wii U asking for update after not being used for a long time.

deliverator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had my Wii U plugged in for a long time. I'm running firmware 5.5.1U. Running Haxchi to boot up mocha cfw with "the sweet chocolate to your latte by dimok" splash screen.

Upon powering on, I was greeted by a System Update screen. To bypass this, I have to hard shutdown my Wii U, and upon powering it up again, the system update screen is gone. What's the deal with this?

Subsequent unplugging of the Wii U no longer brings up the update screen. How do I avoid this in the future? Is there a way to delete the update from memory?

Also, should I be running a newer firmware/cfw?

Thanks.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't had my Wii U plugged in for a long time. I'm running firmware 5.5.1U. Running Haxchi to boot up mocha cfw with "the sweet chocolate to your latte by dimok" splash screen.

Upon powering on, I was greeted by a System Update screen. To bypass this, I have to hard shutdown my Wii U, and upon powering it up again, the system update screen is gone. What's the deal with this?

Subsequent unplugging of the Wii U no longer brings up the update screen. How do I avoid this in the future? Is there a way to delete the update from memory?

Also, should I be running a newer firmware/cfw?

Thanks.
As said above updating is safe. One question though why are you using mocha and not haxchis built in cfw? In effect you are booting a cfw to then run another cfw when the first one would do everything mocha does in the first place lol.

Reactions: BaamAlex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it