Hacking Wii U 5.5.0+ Research & Development (As well as IOSU)

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering Hykem is pretty much finished with IOSU, I don't think I'll need anything for a good while. I've edited the main post.
Do you have any exceptions for one more tester? I was in class.... xD Would love to help out with whatever needed whether some coding or testing. Thx :bow:

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, fudge.
I was on my lunch break, replied to the thread, then returned to work.

Running back home at 5PM, Expecting the list of tester to be still open 3 hours later.

Turned out it isn't :( I'm so happy to leave the store running to get home and turn on my pc for absolutely nothing :rofl2:

Good luck to You and all testers ;)

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, fudge.
I was on my lunch break, replied to the thread, then returned to work.

Running back home at 5PM, Expecting the list of tester to be still open 3 hours later.

Turned out it isn't :( I'm so happy to leave the store running to get home and turn on my pc for absolutely nothing :rofl2:

Good luck to You and all testers ;)

Same thing than you......:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Same thing than you......:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
That's the price to pay when someone with a fulltime job and a lot of games has to pay:
Little free time and a lot of late to catch up :P

Anyway, I'm not complaining, my 5.3.2 spoofed wiiu works beautifully :P

D

Deleted User

Why does everyone want to test if he already has enough people?

Its simply fun for me. I can wait for 5.5.0 and if I happen to get inpatient then I can always go the other route. Anyways my 5.5.0 wiiu is open to any soft / hard hacks.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'Cause a lot of them are on the firmware already and want the hacks? I'd imagine. Lol
Oh, right to try anything you'd need the web exploit so they could potentially do other stuff while testing things.

Why do people assume the 550 exploit will be released when Nintendo updates? If they already know they'll patch it, thats all the concern, why wait till update? It should be patched if it uses that Stagefright thing that screwed over almost everything.

D

Deleted User

Oh, right to try anything you'd need the web exploit so they could potentially do other stuff while testing things.

Why do people assume the 550 exploit will be released when Nintendo updates? If they already know they'll patch it, thats all the concern, why wait till update? It should be patched if it uses that Stagefright thing that screwed over almost everything.

They don't know 100%. Also, why not wait to have more options available once next update rolls out. This is how their gonna play it and they are certainly sticking to their word.

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most of the IOSU has been reverse-engineered and I'm still updating the wiki almost daily: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
I already have an exploitable bug that should work up to firmware 5.5.0 and naehrwert is working on something too (currently for lower than 5.2.0 firmwares). When everything is ready it will be publicly released (at least on my end).

No clue what @Mathew_Wi is up to, but he did work with @Marionumber1 to get the 5.3.2 firmware exploit working (debugging via DevKit) and he found the MP4 bug test case that's being used to exploit 5.4.0/5.5.0 (which turned out to be a libstagefright bug, way before the controversial presentation).

Since this will work with both, would you suggest people on 5.4 just update to 5.5 now so they can get access to what's currently out/have better game compatibility later?

Reactions: TrojanHorse

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!