Wii U 106-0303 error on fresh account

wiiufanboy215

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just created a new NNID on a Wii U and verified email. Can sign into Nintendo Network on my console and access the change info screen. Can fetch Splatoon stage information. Can enter eShop. However trying to enter online lobby in MK8 or Splatoon throws 106-0303. Old accounts on same console can play in pubs just fine.

According to NintendoClients wiki 106-0303 corresponds to RendezVous::InvalidUsername.

Pretendo Wiki says this error is generated when the username does not exist. Does this mean that new accounts cannot play online anymore? Or are Nintendo's account servers out of sync due to excessive downscaling?

natenik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure it's not 160-0103 ?
OP is right - I recently got a wii u to enjoy the Splatty servers before they go offline. My email is also verified as well
1703312651977.png

StinkyKid2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just created a new NNID on a Wii U and verified email. Can sign into Nintendo Network on my console and access the change info screen. Can fetch Splatoon stage information. Can enter eShop. However trying to enter online lobby in MK8 or Splatoon throws 106-0303. Old accounts on same console can play in pubs just fine.

According to NintendoClients wiki 106-0303 corresponds to RendezVous::InvalidUsername.

Pretendo Wiki says this error is generated when the username does not exist. Does this mean that new accounts cannot play online anymore? Or are Nintendo's account servers out of sync due to excessive downscaling?
i’m having the same issue and i just got a wii u as well. i made a new account and really wanted it to play splatoon, but i keep getting the error :(

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont think that this is getting fixed anytime soon.
They might not fix it at all. Remember https://github.com/PabloMK7/ENLBufferPwn ? Nintendo took MK8 and Splatoon servers offline for months thanks to this and IIRC they made a statement that they won't bring the servers back online if they have to take them offline cause of security issues again. The only weird thing here is that there's no statement from Nintendo why the Splatoon servers are offline now. It's not even at https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_US/index.html - according to that only 3DS Steel Diver™: Sub Wars servers are offline currently.

Also they want to shut down all online servers at April anyway and they said they might do that even sooner, so maybe it's that? If it's not that I don't think the servers will come online before April and they surely won't come back online after.

//EDIT:
i’m having the same issue and i just got a wii u as well. i made a new account and really wanted it to play splatoon, but i keep getting the error :(
https://pretendo.network should have an open beta right now but don't count me on that. Also hopefully they'll keep the Splatoon servers online now that Nintendo shutted them offline. After all they opened MK8 and Splatoon servers to the public while the Nintendo servers where offline cause of ENLBufferPwn, so they seem to care about the gamers.

//EDIT²: Asked Pretendo devs if they know what's going on and they linked me to this: https://pretendo.network/blog/12-23-23 . In short this is Nintendo shutting down the servers completely. The first step of this is to not allow new users/accounts to go online anymore:
Some time in late December 2023, new accounts could no longer go online in any games on both the WiiU and 3DS.
New NEX accounts are no longer being synchronized with any other servers on the network. This affects all games. Because of this, any attempt to connect to any game using an account made after this change was made will result in error 106-0303 on the WiiU and 006-0303 on the 3DS

Last edited by V10lator,
  • Sad
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

StinkyKid2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone, i’m pretty sure that the issue is fixed and that you don’t have to install anything (yet)!!! or it could just be my console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto