Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
machomuu said:
mysticwaterfall said:
I guess I stand corrected. I thought for sure they wouldn't announce something at E3 with the 3DS just out.

Now we just have to wait to see if that stupid touchscreen rumor is true or not... I'm hoping not, I don't need $100+ controlers...
Definite +1, personally I hope they don't try to be overly innovative this time around and I REALLY hope the touchscreen controller is fake.

Dunno what if you had something like you could buy a controller, or use your DSi/3DS as one? Might be an interesting concept
Interesting, but I would still prefer another idea.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Oh no!! The Mayans predicted something catastrophic on 2012!! Now we know its a new Nintendo console
ohnoes.png

Now, on topic:
I hope a good console, with good 3rd party support. Also, I expect a normal control, not everything on the world into one.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
if the anouncement of the new console comes with the: "We will be releasing Skywar Sword for both consoles... so you will have to wait till 2012 to get the Wii version" I will do this....
hate2.gif
(to my wii)
There's no way they are going to pull that again.

If anything, we will get Skyward Sword at a regular time (Unaffected by Project Cafe), and we will get another version of it as a launch title with Cafe. I doubt that will happen though. Chances are we only get a Wii version.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I think the "Tablet idea" is great, but controllers will probably be a lot. Right now, I'm not too excited over the whole thing because I am a huge fan of motion controls and the Wii Remote, but I know when it is formally announced, I'm going to die for it.

P.S. Sony and Microsoft must be shitting themselves now. Nintendo just released a new handheld and announced that the will announce a new console at E3 that is something completely new, and they probably don't have anything. Sony is too busy trying to fix the PSN, and now they have to worry about this.

I'm not trying to put Sony or Microsoft down. I have a PS3, and would love if they have something up their sleeve for it at E3.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this time Nintendo put more processing power into the console, or at least more than the current PS3/Xbox 360 consoles. I have all three, and the one I play the least is the Wii, mainly because of graphics, and 3rd party support (also many developers don't make wii ports because they have to drop so much content for the wii to be able to play it). I also hope you don't have to buy $200 HD touch screen controller, or at least if you do allow you to use a DSi/3DS system.
nds.gif
$200 is way to much for a controller!
mad.gif
At least it is good they are making another console! (the wii is getting old!)
yaywii.gif

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Here are my thoughts:

Touchscreen controller: sounds expensive and like a big gimmick

Wii Successor: I think Nintendo is coming in too early for the next gen, and they're gonna be beat out graphics-wise again when the new Playstation or Xbox comes out a year later and since Nintendo "is" rushing in they're going to have a relatively underpowered machine when they could have waited another year and used higher powered more cost effective components.

kniteowl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
awssk8er said:
P.S. Sony and Microsoft must be shitting themselves now. Nintendo just released a new handheld and announced that the will announce a new console at E3 that is something completely new, and they probably don't have anything. Sony is too busy trying to fix the PSN, and now they have to worry about this.

I'm not trying to put Sony or Microsoft down. I have a PS3, and would love if they have something up their sleeve for it at E3.

I agree, I'm guessing Sony & Microsoft original plan was to probably release their next gen consoles in 2014 but now they might change plans with the release of the new Nintendo console.

If you've noticed Microsoft have been VERY QUIET lately, all they have announced for this year so far is Gears of War 3 and a racing game that I can not remember, they probably hiding something up their sleeve, maybe a new console of their own or they're entry into the handheld market, possibly.

I am high anticipating the new Nintendo Consoles, personally, I can not imagine what is the next step in innovation for the console market, graphics improvement is always obvious and last gen was motion consoles and improvement for accurate motion control is also quite obvious, so what the next step? I can't think of anything. 3D comes to mind but that'd more related to the TV.

Wii Vitality Sensor Anyone?
tongue.gif
lmao

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The next Nintendo console isn't a threat guys. Sony and Microsoft are aware and won't change their plans. As it stands, the specs for the new Nintendo console aren't really above that of what we are already seeing, and will only grab Nintendo fans that can afford this. Hell, I'll use this as an excuse to pick up a cheap, used Wii.

Nintendo is just jumping the gun like Microsoft did with the 360. Nobody changed their plans then, nobody is going to now. Sony is already responding to the 3DS with the NGP, and Microsoft has never been in the handheld game (at least not that I can remember).

Consider business before making baseless assumptions. As it stands, Sony and Microsoft have no reason to worry. That, and they aren't purely based around video games. Sony and Microsoft also make tons of money elsewhere.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
RchUncleSkeleton said:
Here are my thoughts:

Touchscreen controller: sounds expensive and like a big gimmick

Wii Successor: I think Nintendo is coming in too early for the next gen, and they're gonna be beat out graphics-wise again when the new Playstation or Xbox comes out a year later and since Nintendo "is" rushing in they're going to have a relatively underpowered machine when they could have waited another year and used higher powered more cost effective components.

If they wait a year, then they could wait another year and have even more powerful and cheaper components. Hell, they could wait ten years and have an even better machine.

When they release the console they will have the most powerful machine on the market. How is that underpowered? What happens when two, three or fours years later Microsoft and Sony reveal a machine? Are you going to say the same thing, that they're stupid, they should wait a year until technology is better, when Nintendo release the Wii3 the PS4 and Xbox Whatever will be beat out graphics-wise?

Seems a rather clumsy argument.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Apr 26 2011, 08:03 AM) The next Nintendo console isn't a threat guys.

Sounds very much like what people said about the Wii and DS. The DS especially was pretty much written off as dead in the water at release, underpowered, gimmicky and without Sony's supposed 3rd party support.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
doyama said:
machomuu said:
mysticwaterfall said:
I guess I stand corrected. I thought for sure they wouldn't announce something at E3 with the 3DS just out.

Now we just have to wait to see if that stupid touchscreen rumor is true or not... I'm hoping not, I don't need $100+ controlers...
Definite +1, personally I hope they don't try to be overly innovative this time around and I REALLY hope the touchscreen controller is fake.

Dunno what if you had something like you could buy a controller, or use your DSi/3DS as one? Might be an interesting concept
You realize you're saying you don't want a $100 controller but don't mind a $250 controller?
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, Nintendo's products have always been on the "cheaper" side and there's no way there's gonna be a $100 controller. And how can the 3DS be used as a controller? If it's through the IR port, that's the worst thing EVER and I'm sure Nintendo will never do this. IR has a range of about 10 feet and there has to be a direct line of sight between the devices. So nope, 3DS can't be used as a controller for the Wii successor.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
You realize you're saying you don't want a $100 controller but don't mind a $250 controller?
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, Nintendo's products have always been on the "cheaper" side and there's no way there's gonna be a $100 controller. And how can the 3DS be used as a controller? If it's through the IR port, that's the worst thing EVER and I'm sure Nintendo will never do this. IR has a range of about 10 feet and there has to be a direct line of sight between the devices. So nope, 3DS can't be used as a controller for the Wii successor.
So they can't do what the did with the psp?

Anyway I doubt a $50 controller maybe $40.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser said:

There's Local wireless connecton...it's still under wifi b/g I think.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I have been told the new controller for the next nintendo console is to have a slightly odd 800x520 screen resolution, stereo speakers, player facing camera, gyro motion, twin sticks (set up the same as a xbox360) 4 shoulder buttons and four face buttons, low internal storage, bluetooth and wifi, microphone and the screen is touch sensitive. unit is lightweight and cheap to make. IS NOT HD.
I am so sorry but cant tell you who I got this info from (but it is good source and good friend). My friend works for a certain screen maker in Japan. If it is fake then it is unintentional, this is the same source who helped me with my 3DS mock-up before it was shown (looked almost PERFECT except put 3D cameras on wrong side) (check out my post history and you will find that.)

Sorry i CANNOT share source.
the black controller on this page is almost spot on identicle http://www.01net.com/editorial/531993/proj...t-le-streaming/

reason for edit - figured out how to use links

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Dunno if someone posted this already. I assume they did.
But kotaku asked what "playable" meant and NoJ said "playable means playable by everyone".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In other news GeForce experience is still shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In other news GeForce experience is still shit