Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
lostdwarf said:
@firegrey can you post a url for the image as it wont load on my pc, just get a x with a border around it (work computer)
Right click>Copy Image URL. No need for posting something lol.

On-topic:
QUOTEThe only systems left are ps4 and xbox 720.(Hoping they appear in E3 2012.)
No need for ps4.
The only console that needs a successor (except the Wii) is the xbox 360, the games are limited to 8gb's.
I can see a ps4 coming out late 2014, though.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If they want full HD they have to use HDMI, you think Nintendo would do this?
As for the controls I hope it comes with regular controlllers not any gimmick, stupid movement thing
if they want to keep the motion controll they can make the Wiimote usable in this new console. I mean something like the PS3's where they have the PS Controller and the PS Move

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
lostdwarf said:
@firegrey can you post a url for the image as it wont load on my pc, just get a x with a border around it (work computer)

On-topic:
QUOTEThe only systems left are ps4 and xbox 720.(Hoping they appear in E3 2012.)
No need for ps4.
The only console that needs a successor (except the Wii) is the xbox 360, the games are limited to 8gb's.

No sorry this does not work. SHOW PICTURE is the only option when right clicking and that doesnt work either
frown.gif

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
KingVamp said:
bowser said:
You realize you're saying you don't want a $100 controller but don't mind a $250 controller?
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, Nintendo's products have always been on the "cheaper" side and there's no way there's gonna be a $100 controller. And how can the 3DS be used as a controller? If it's through the IR port, that's the worst thing EVER and I'm sure Nintendo will never do this. IR has a range of about 10 feet and there has to be a direct line of sight between the devices. So nope, 3DS can't be used as a controller for the Wii successor.
So they can't do what the did with the psp?

Anyway I doubt a $50 controller maybe $40.

What did they do with the PSP?
unsure.gif

heartgold said:
QUOTE(bowser @ Apr 26 2011, 10:31 AM)
Seriously though, Nintendo's products have always been on the "cheaper" side and there's no way there's gonna be a $100 controller. And how can the 3DS be used as a controller? If it's through the IR port, that's the worst thing EVER and I'm sure Nintendo will never do this. IR has a range of about 10 feet and there has to be a direct line of sight between the devices. So nope, 3DS can't be used as a controller for the Wii successor.

There's Local wireless connecton...it's still under wifi b/g I think.
I thought of that, but it would be too complicated to setup. And Nintendo likes to keep things as simple as possible.

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
I have been told the new controller for the next nintendo console is to have a slightly odd 800x520 screen resolution, stereo speakers, player facing camera, gyro motion, twin sticks (set up the same as a xbox360) 4 shoulder buttons and four face buttons, low internal storage, bluetooth and wifi, microphone and the screen is touch sensitive. unit is lightweight and cheap to make. IS NOT HD.
I am so sorry but cant tell you who I got this info from (but it is good source and good friend). My friend works for a certain screen maker in Japan. If it is fake then it is unintentional, this is the same source who helped me with my 3DS mock-up before it was shown (looked almost PERFECT except put 3D cameras on wrong side) (check out my post history and you will find that.)

Sorry i CANNOT share source.
the black controller on this page is almost spot on identicle http://www.01net.com/editorial/531993/proj...t-le-streaming/

If that's the design then wtf??
But its Nintendo so they know what they are doing. They gave us the DS and Wii so I'll believe in the N. Stream or whatever the hell its final name is.
yay.gif

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be fun. So, they will have disk slot to load old wii games and a USB slot for bigger game or a cloud (whatever that mean) to store newer wiiray games! I read Wanninkoko claiming to be too old to do this stuff. New generation of hackers! Wonder how long, I would have to wait to be able to fully softmod it. ~50 wii games on HDD only about 3 games worth playing more than 5 minutes. sigh!

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Does nobody remember the awesomeness that was connecting your GBA to your Gamecube? Gathering up some friends and their GBAs for a few levels in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles or Four Swords Adventures (especially the fun battle mode) was really fun! And what about the Wii's DS connectivity? Weren't the few examples of that (Pokemon) pretty cool? Just think of those but on a much larger scale!

Think about it: no more screen-watching! You could play multiplayer card games where nobody else could see your hand! A personal inventory screen for a co-op game that doesn't need to interrupt the main game! Multiplayer emulated handheld games where each person's controller emulates an individual system! The possibilities are endless
smile.gif
! Like 3D, I suppose this will be an optional feature and used as a "map dump" like a good deal of DS games, but it's still a pretty awesome idea, yes?

It's not like the controller's a freaking game system in itself; it can't be too expensive. Nintendo's thrown out a lot of weird ideas before, but a good deal of them worked out in the long run; the only ones that didn't work were optional accessories (and the Virtual Boy), but Nintendo has learned a lot of lessons by now. I have faith in Project Cafe to be awesome enough to earn my purchase
smile.gif

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sloshy said:
Does nobody remember the awesomeness that was connecting your GBA to your Gamecube? Gathering up some friends and their GBAs for a few levels in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles or Four Swords Adventures (especially the fun battle mode) was really fun! And what about the Wii's DS connectivity? Weren't the few examples of that (Pokemon) pretty cool? Just think of those but on a much larger scale!
I had these games and the idea was awesome. The only thing that sucked though was everyone needing to have their own cable to connect to the Gamecube and there just wasn't a lot of games that used the function to warrant a lot of people to buy the cables.

The first thing I thought of of when i read that the controller will have a screen on it were these games and how awesome it would be to have more games like this. A new Four Swords would be sweet.
wub.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me crazy ( don't please
tongue.gif
) I think the stream to remote is a awesome idea.
That way I'm not tied down to the TV and can walk around the house and when I want a TV view
output it back thorough.
tongue.gif

Wait I be cool if they cool stream to the 3DS 3D screen.
tongue.gif

But maybe that all too much?
laugh.gif

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
That pic was really worth the wait to see lol.

Also
i think what he means by low storage is it has a small amount of ram or flash or something.
He said the touch screen is resistive and pressure sensitive. but not the main feature of the console.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
AlanJohn said:
lostdwarf said:

On-topic:
No need for ps4.

Yeah, the 720 will probably appear at E3 2012, maybe not even then. PS4 is definitely a lot further away.
It's just plain stupid to think that suddenly the other companies will also release a successor.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
AlanJohn said:
No need for ps4.
That's stupid logic.
If you want to say MS should release 720 first, you say because it came out first.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
AlanJohn said:
No need for ps4.
That's stupid logic.
If you want to say MS should release 720 first, you say because it came out first.
Nollog...you're insulting his logic...but your response was just...I don't even know how to describe how just...
No. No no no. No. I have no idea where you got an idea as [insert adjective here] as that, but...
Why? Why would he say that because the 360 came first? What reason would he have to do that? What about it being released first would have ANY bearing on his opinion?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nollog said:
AlanJohn said:
No need for ps4.
That's stupid logic.
And you complain about his reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.