Hacking Wii Resort (j) - doesn't load by disc or usb loader. blue screen.

r0llik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey one short question, im using usb loader gx channel r516, can you tell me how to use the alt-dol? cant find any option for that, do i have it to unlock first?(does this still exist? never found something like hat) cant find the option for that either

pls help me fast, thx !!

nuke888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fuck !

I m starting to freakin out for good !

I am on a 4.0E Rev 12 cios

Well i did alternative dol with the 1.4megs dol posted I did indeed watched the video,but when i try to boot the game with no alternative I have either reboot or black screen !
I have also booted the game on a rw dvd with geckos 1.91 and all I get is the wiimotion video in loop with no option to skip it or exit !
M out of options please help !

P.S.
Alternative dol method is only avaialable on newest gx loaders so u have to update then boot it off HC,btw whats the alternative dols gx default dir ?(i have placed dols in the root and in a root alt-dol dir just to be sure)

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

zerbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
viper98 and nuke888, here are instructions for running the game from disk (taken from another post - credit goes to "devonfarrell") this is us the neogamma and alternative dol i mentioned in my post above:

1. RZTJ01.dol file needs to be rename to to RZTJ.dol
2. Create NeoGamma Folder in the root of SD card and place RZTJ.dol in it.
3. Download Neogamma version: boot.dol
4. Download save file: private.zip place RZTJ folder on sd card in private/wii/title/
5. Turn on wii (duh!) under data management/ save files go to sd and copy file to wii.
6. Through homebrew load Neogamma. Set setting in Neogamma to:
Language: japanese
002 fix: ON
Alternative dol: ON
7. Launch Disc. Game will load from RZTJ.dol from SD card. You will be shown I video on how to connect wii motion plus. The video will end and you will have to push A. The system will restart and your back to the main menu.
8. NOW go back to NeoGamma and turn off Alternative Dol. And Launch Disc. Should work.

worked for me on 4.0e ISO249 rev13b

Viper98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help
I was able to get it to load..........is the only language japanese though? Or can it be forced to english? Either way I'm not concerned cuz the english version's just a month away

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone, I finally got it to work with the Neogamma posted above (R4 would not work for me). I also had to install ios 55 which I thought I had already.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I have a wii NTSC-U with 4.0 (official) with rev 10 and use NeoGamma 4. I did the alternative dol method and watched the video and it is registered as me watching it (because when I do the method again I get the list instead of it automaticly playing the videos) but when I try to play I get the disk read error in Japanese. Disk burnt using IMG Burn at x4 speed onto a DVD+R. Should I just burn it again? Don't see why, worked for all my backups and downloaded games I use NeoGamma for but am open to suggestions because this is baffling me xD

Edit: Reburnt the iso and same result.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
viper98 and nuke888, here are instructions for running the game from disk (taken from another post - credit goes to "devonfarrell") this is us the neogamma and alternative dol i mentioned in my post above:

1. RZTJ01.dol file needs to be rename to to RZTJ.dol
2. Create NeoGamma Folder in the root of SD card and place RZTJ.dol in it.
3. Download Neogamma version: boot.dol
4. Download save file: private.zip place RZTJ folder on sd card in private/wii/title/
5. Turn on wii (duh!) under data management/ save files go to sd and copy file to wii.
6. Through homebrew load Neogamma. Set setting in Neogamma to:
Language: japanese
002 fix: ON
Alternative dol: ON
7. Launch Disc. Game will load from RZTJ.dol from SD card. You will be shown I video on how to connect wii motion plus. The video will end and you will have to push A. The system will restart and your back to the main menu.
8. NOW go back to NeoGamma and turn off Alternative Dol. And Launch Disc. Should work.

worked for me on 4.0e ISO249 rev13b

can somone please sticky that , it works thank you so much ......watching the video now

ratpimples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alt-dol method on cIOS Rev9, latest usb loader gx, didn't even use the save file either. thanks to all :-) this game is great.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Why are so many stupid people around? Going for that tone, but telling, "i solved it by..." without telling what loader was used is stupid.

Try this NeoGamma version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzuydqatm3w

The change from this to R5RC1 is that it's not compatible with Sam & Max and FarCry.

This loader is what did it for me. 3.2U on DVD. Thanks again. Quick and simple, and didn't need a 12-step explanation.

Kima318

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone explain this to me?
I've tried the USB gx method with no success.....
I'm able to see the M+ intro movies etc then the wii restart I disable the alt dol option but the game won't start.
Anyway if I turn on again the alt dol option and I start the game the beginning M+ clip doesn't show up but instead a menu appear where I can choose the different demonstration clips of the M+.
Now.... where the heck the console saves the data that tells to the game that I've already watched this video clips?!?
In the system options of the console there is no save at all....
Thanks.
EDIT: well I've got the game to work because I forgot to turn on the 002 error fix oin the general option of the loader.....
sleep.gif
sorry
Anyway I'm really curious about that M+ intro thing.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bah it is looking like i am gonna have to either find another copy of this game somewhere or buy a usb HDD tried everything else and no go all i get is a disk read error (I am guessing that is what it is sence there is no number) after the safety warning. Currently using cIOSCORP....but have tried EVERYTHING else outside of usb loader (because i dont have a usb HDD)

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
silkyskeeter said:
Okay I have a wii NTSC-U with 4.0 (official) with rev 10 and use NeoGamma 4. I did the alternative dol method and watched the video and it is registered as me watching it (because when I do the method again I get the list instead of it automaticly playing the videos) but when I try to play I get the disk read error in Japanese. Disk burnt using IMG Burn at x4 speed onto a DVD+R. Should I just burn it again? Don't see why, worked for all my backups and downloaded games I use NeoGamma for but am open to suggestions because this is baffling me xD

Try using the Neogamma version on page 14 of this thread. Neogamma R4 would NOT work for me!

skullrider_3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna say thanks for helping me get Resort working, I have been silently reading and listening! Much appreciated to all of you who figure this stuff out! I have 4.0E and Wiikey 2 but I used USB loader anyway (didnt work with Gecko or other) with the alt-dol config and it finally got it to work. I struggled at first but when I choose force NTSC (I have PAL as mentioned) it worked maybe that can help someone.

Cheers!

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ilive2frag said:
silkyskeeter said:

Try using the Neogamma version on page 14 of this thread. Neogamma R4 would NOT work for me!
I tried that version earlier and got the same result, honestly I am thinking it is just this ISO. I am currently downloading a different copy of the game, maybe the ISO I am using wasn't made properly or something
sleep.gif
torrenting just takes forever so I won't be able to test that ISO til sometime tommorrow if not the the day after ~sigh~

If anyone has any advice this is EXACTLY what is happening;
First try:SYSTEM=NTSC-U Wii with 4.0u firmware installed (official) softmod using HBC and NeoGamma R4 rev13 with language set to Japanese and .002 fix on and for first run ran alternative dol to watch the Wii Motion+ video then it restarted the Wii. I ran again with same setting minus the alternative dol and it ran the Wiimote warning measage and then black screen and kanji that I am guessing is a disk read error that says (kanji)--------------------->WII (more kanji)----------------- so I kept trying because if it is a disk read error normally if I keep ejecting and reinserting I can get it to play til it disk read errors again then I know to just reburn it and it fixes the problem. But after ejecting and reinserting over 20 times it never read the disk and kept giving same measage, so I reburnt it thinking it had just been burned so bad it cant read it at all. Got the same scenerio for 2 more disks freshly reburnt. Tried multiple versions of NeoGamma to no avail.....either got the dreaded .002 error or same thing as above.

Got fed up....Downgraded to 3.2u firmware downgraded rev13 to rev10

Second attempt:Installed CIOSCORP thinking maybe it is just the limitations of the IOSs. Finished the lengthy process of installing CIOSCORP. Backup can now run off the disk channel (temporary "YaY" of happiness) Felt good to see the image of Wii Sports Resort in the disk channel. Told it to play the game and it booted the Wiimote warning then black screen with japanese disk read error same as with NeoGamma R4 so I again tried the eject reinsert method I use to determine if the disk was burnt properly to no avail. Errored everytime.

Is anyone else having my same delima or is it just me?

Note: Disks burnt using IMG Burn and Maxell 16x DVD+Rs burnt at 4x speed. Same method I have used for a dozen other Wii backups so I am pretty sure it isn't the burn method or median

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had the same problems ........as for the disk burn speed and media , thats irrelevent , I sya that from experince , I have a lot of games , and I mean a lot ....now if the file is bad , its bad , only had tha happen once and the only way to know is to find a different game size and tryit

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
air2004 said:
i have had the same problems ........as for the disk burn speed and media , thats irrelevent , I sya that from experince , I have a lot of games , and I mean a lot ....now if the file is bad , its bad , only had tha happen once and the only way to know is to find a different game size and tryit
Oh okay. Can anyone tell me the proper working Wii Sports Resort ISO size. The one I have is 4.37 gigs (4.589.824 kb).

EDALBNUG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sharing my story.

I have 3.3U with IOS rev 13. After I realized that Coverfloader had trouble with this game I searched a little bit and found this thread.
I was gonna use the r552 version provided by someone in this thread but I saw the subsequent revisions I thought why not give those a try.
I downloaded the latest revision r566.dol of the USB Loader GX and the wii motion plus video dol shared by some nice person in this thread.

I loaded the game with custom dol on, video mode to system default, language patched to Japanese. 002 fix is on.
After watching the wiimotionplus video it rebooted and then I loaded the game again without custom dol.
And I can play the game perfectly fine after the game created a save.

It also works in Coverfloader again once the save was created. No image or title information on the database site yet though.
I did not do anything else other than the ones mentioned above.
I am not sure if I have ever patched those 55,58 or some two digit ios'.

All I remember was that I only did the steps necessary to get usb loader running (back when version 1.0 came out)

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
This is what I did to get it to work:

-I used the USB Loader GX Forwarder w/ r554 and w/ CIOS rev10. Wii - 3.2U. (To those who wonder about IOS38, 53, 55: I didn't install any of these. I used Big Moe's installer from way back but I'm not sure if any of these files were included.)
-I used wiiscrubber to extract the player.dol file from partition1/sys/mpls_movie/. (I followed KobyKaan's instructions from the Neogamma thread)
-I then renamed the player.dol to RZTJ01.dol.
-I placed this file in the root directory of my SD card.
-Ran USB loader GX Forwarder and chose the wii resort game file.
-Hit the settings button on the left
-Then modified the following:
Game Language: Japanese
Error 002 fix: ON
Alternate DOL: ON
Block IOS Reload: ON
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THESE SETTINGS
-Started the game by clicking the disc icon
-Game ran, video started. Do whatever you want until vid ends. Hit A
-The wii should restart itself
-Now go back to USB loader GX and choose the wii resort disc again.
-Go to settings and turn OFF the alternate dol setting. (Thanks BlackEnigma)
-Run the game and it should work.
This method worked for me as well, PAL 4.0E Wii with cIOS 10. and USBloader gx rev 554. Started once with the alt dol, the game runs from any 002-fixed USB loader.

Thanks for the guide.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0