Homebrew Wii Media Player that will play Divx and Xvid

Ben.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a homebrew media player that will play Divx/Xvid off an SD card and not off a DVD?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Only 2 Media Players are recommended:

GeeXboX and MPlayerWii

I find that both have the same quality when run from the SD, but from a flashdrive, I believe Geexbox is superior though thats me.

Geexbox supports subtitles while MPlayerWii doesnt.

MPlayerWii supports data dvds (good for anime / lots of ripped 700MB vids), while GeexBox doesnt.

Take your pick.

D

Deleted User

i personally have issues with mplayer, havn't tried geexbox.
Some videos work great, like tv series etc.
But a few 700mb movies don't work. The picture comes up extremely distorted and is unwatchable, sound is good though...

r6armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with both MplayerWii and GeexBox, when using the component cable the colors are incorrect (GeexBox is slightly better). I have a PAL Wii if it makes any difference.
Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks

dMilesFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
Only 2 Media Players are recommended:

GeeXboX and MPlayerWii

I find that both have the same quality when run from the SD, but from a flashdrive, I believe Geexbox is superior though thats me.

Geexbox supports subtitles while MPlayerWii doesnt.

MPlayerWii supports data dvds (good for anime / lots of ripped 700MB vids), while GeexBox doesnt.

Take your pick.

It could be possible to create a new Media player that use the best features from those two!?

atomike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skarface05 said:
mplayer has samba and geebbox has lan afaik.

But for mplayer I think you have to write each filename in the config file, you can't browse network drive...

never used geexbox though.

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atomike said:
Skarface05 said:

But for mplayer I think you have to write each filename in the config file, you can't browse network drive...

never used geexbox though.
you can browse folders using mplayer. just check out dynamites thread.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEnever used geexbox though.
First off don't complain, they are both amazing and can only get better!

2nd GeeXbox is superb, can handle small flash and Huge HDD Drives, So is Geexbox bad...NO
Can it use LAN nicely?.......DAM RIGHT

my favourite MPlayerWii, yeah we are limited to the crappy Network Driver for the wii but wireless is spot on, its basicly 100% wit me, i have super connection and nice speeds.....
it cant browse using IP adress only
you have to create a folder on each Drive/share it on network, (path in config file in my tut)
then mplayerwii shows the path on screen, select it and therefore you can browse the divx mp3s in the folder, and if theres other folders in there, it will browse them if you select the folder!
Is that not good already? I THINK SO
DATA DVD'S through MPlayerWii requires DVDX, spot on read speed, NOT Good? hmmmm
USB Support, i do agree USB Support is rubbish but it's not powerful for USB like Linux's GeeXbox....
there the factors, and you al know both play off SD aswell.

rican199

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
What I like about both is that you can use the Rockband 4-way 2.0 USB Hub to connect the USB flashdrives/harddrives.
Wow!! thats cool.... I think I am going to try GeeXboX it seems to allow the best speeds for reading from an external harddrive which is what I use on the PS3 as well.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
nando said:
geexbox wont sync with my wiimote...

The Wiimote doesnt show any lights at all when using geexbox.

Are you sure its connected? You can attempt to navigate with the d-pad.

i can turn on the wii with the wiimote. once the loading bar comes on the lights on the wiimote go off. i try to press 1and2 at the end of the loading bar, my lights blink but then nothing happens once geexbox is loaded. if i press any button the wiimote flashes for a while and then turns off. same if i press the dpad, lights blink like it's trying to sync, then nothing. i tried beta.04 and .03. i also tried the syncing red buttons, all kinds of variations at loading times etc. nothing. it will never sync.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4