Swiss on Wii

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did the whole procedure to make Swiss work on the Wii and it worked, but I have doubts about the games, I put Super Mario Sunshine on the SD and it recognizes it, but when starting the game it gets a blue/black screen, and I saw that People use a DVD in the NGC to trick the player and play the games directly on the SD, do I need this DVD or am I missing something?

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Most ppl use Nintendont to play GC backups these days. U could trouble shoot this Swiss issue, or u could just test the alternative app and compare, it may just work right out of the box
the problem with Nintendont is that it is very outdated, there have been no more significant updates, apart from the fact that its resource is poor, I took a good look and it seems that I have to get the DVD anyway, in my country it only costs 5.88 per DVD Swiss boots

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you load burned games on dvd-r with Swiss on wii I know you can with nintendont?
yes, basically it beats Nintendont in terms of what I said, I'm not demeriting Nintendont, I'm just saying that it didn't receive any more relevant updates

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What exactly does swiss do that nintendont doesn't?
It can force PAL game discs to 480p. With Nintendont, it gives a black screen most of the times (Metroid Prime I say your name).

I put Super Mario Sunshine on the SD and it recognizes it, but when starting the game it gets a blue/black screen, and I saw that People use a DVD in the NGC to trick the player and play the games directly on the SD, do I need this DVD or am I missing something?
Yes, you need the game disc, if you boot Swiss from the SD card slot.

To read a GC game from the SD card without the game disc, you need a SD Adapter in slot B (e.g. SD Gecko), and rip the game disc to the SD card with CleanRip (https://github.com/emukidid/cleanrip)

I use Swiss on Wii with a SD Gecko, and use directly my PAL game discs, as my SD card is only 4GB.

Note: when reading a game directly from the SD card, it is not possible to emulate memory cards.

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It can force PAL game discs to 480p. With Nintendont, it gives a black screen most of the times (Metroid Prime I say your name).

Yes, you need the game disc, if you boot Swiss from the SD card slot.

To read a GC game from the SD card without the game disc, you need a SD Adapter in slot B (e.g. SD Gecko), and rip the game disc to the SD card with CleanRip (https://github.com/emukidid/cleanrip)

I use Swiss on Wii with a SD Gecko, and use directly my PAL game discs, as my SD card is only 4GB.

Note: when reading a game directly from the SD card, it is not possible to emulate memory cards.
I saw it here, unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to buy the game, but I think that's useless, why would I run an iso game if I need its original CD? I saw the price of the NGC version and it's absurd, people are charging more than the Wii U version, for these and other reasons I hate the retrogamer mafia, I think I'll buy the Swiss CD anyway, much cheaper XD
there is also the devolution loader, it has a progressive feature for all games, although it does not have a 60Hz feature for games without 60Hz
So basically Devolution is a complement to Nintendont, since its progressive feature is very poor and it has a desirable 60Hz feature, Devolution has 100% of the catalog's progressive feature (at least the games I have, but I'm going after Swiss because it has the option 60Hz for the entire catalogue)

Last edited by Amuro-san,

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not familiar with Swiss at all, but is it possible it just needs any GC disk to work, not the specific game in question? This would be similar to how early ps3 backup game launching worked. Sorry if I'm way off base with this line of thinking
yes, it works Mario, Zelda Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros and some that I don't remember the name of
Post automatically merged:

There's no disc needed. You have a black screen because your AVE-RVL configuration rejects 576p.
so I need to force video to 480i? because I leave it on automatic

Attachments

• IMG_20240120_152812073.jpg
    IMG_20240120_152812073.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20240120_152847887.jpg
    IMG_20240120_152847887.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
Last edited by Amuro-san,

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's a special exception for this game where we'll always go through 576i/p first, otherwise it runs faster than NTSC in 60Hz mode.
I really want to use Swiss, if I can use it without the need for disks it would be great, so there must be some configuration I'm overlooking?

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You must configure the AVE-RVL into a PAL mode before launching BC.
I think I understand my problem, it's the region, I put the Swiss video for 576i and now it's giving a blue/black screen and I have an RCA cable (AV, not Component) I bought the component cable and it will arrive within the week, Will this be resolved soon, or can I put another RVL PAL?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you load burned games on dvd-r with Swiss on wii I know you can with nintendont?
yes, basically it beats Nintendont in terms of what I said, I'm not demeriting Nintendont, I'm just saying that it didn't receive any more relevant updates
I have Swiss on my bootmii as boot2 wii and i cant find any option to load burned games from dvd.

Reactions: Amuro-san

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have Swiss on my bootmii as boot2 wii and i cant find any option to load burned games from dvd.
My problem with Swiss seems like it's just regionality, in Super Mario it shows the screen depending on the region, I tried the Swiss video option on 576 i and now I can't access it anymore (it accesses it, but then it stays on a blue screen/ black) and I don't know how to reset the configuration, so I already know what it is and maybe I have to convert the game region, on the other hand it is easier to use Devolution, which has progressive support for all games, which ends up being a great complement to Nintendont, it just can't force games to 60Hz, but progressive it has

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you tell me what this problem is? This message appears to me

Attachments

• IMG_20240123_163233022.jpg
    IMG_20240123_163233022.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed