‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/features/wiiconnect24.html

can someone translate this? I wanna know what the features are!

Gimme a minute... I'll try. ;-;

EDIT:
Wii Connect 24

Turning the power off when you're done playing is just natural in past game machines.
However, the Wii never sleeps even when turned off. It enters a low power consuption 'standby mode' that only uses the same amout of power as a small lightbulb and is always connected to the internet.

WiiConnect24 delivers new content while the user is sleeping. "New experiences every day that everyone can enjoy" is what we offer leading to "Everyday life with Wii for everyone at home."

Wii Messaging System
(or Message Board, whatever)

When the Wii is turned on, you can access the Wii messaging system from the main menu through WiiConnect24.

The messaging system can be used to; contact the family through cellphone while they are out, send e-mail, send IMs and photos to other Wii users, calendar/schedule thingy lol, a map service and information about new games that are always updated.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So it will stream things over wifi? it has something like a cellphones and says photos what's that?

So what was the final hardware secret anyways? could that be it? the Wii Channels?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So what was the final hardware secret anyways? could that be it? the Wii Channels?

Probably. Wii Channels are somewhat like "mini-software" collections that anyone can use conveniently just like TV channels via the Wii Remote.
smile.gif

ex: Pictochat, News, Weather Forecast
wink.gif

EDIT: More examples - You can "edit" pics ala Pictochat before sending them
biggrin.gif
or even make them into puzzles before sending them to family and friends. Also the "Mii" (Me) Channel where you can make your avatar to and CAN BE STORED IN YOUR WIIMOTE to bring to your friend's house or something.
biggrin.gif

other less interesting stuff are the Weather forecast, Internet Browser (Opera), New Channel and LOL Shopping Channel.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
W00t, best day ever since Monster Hunter Freedom was released on PSP!
biggrin.gif
Cooking Mama, Harvest Moon DS and details on the Wii-release! I wonder where I should import the console from...

What a day
toot.gif
grog.gif

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I sure hope all those features are not "japan only" like cool stuff always is...

funny how all the blogs seem like are falling asleep... Only Joystiq is updating...

Ok. Now even they are going to sleep!

3:36 a.m. EST [update 29] All right, it seems the news is slowing a bit, though more poring over the Japanese site will probably unveil more tidbits. With the U.S. event less than six hours away, though, I think I'm gonna call it a night. Big thanks to our fast and efficient translator Ittousai from Engadget Japan and to the guys over at Nintendo Wii Fanboy for keeping me company during posting and finding some good links. See ya.

ahzael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
$250? that price is high, I was hoping for a price under $200,, too bad, I guess I not buying wii at launch.. and wasn´t they releasing wii before ps3?

Wasn't there an IGN interview with Perrin Kaplan from Nintendo that came out after the original "under $250" was announced where she told Matt that we would be 'pleasantly surprised with the price' or am I just making this up?

maybe the price is going to be $249.99

and no mario at launch, that´s the same mistake they made with gamecube..

is not a mistake at all, is actually good marketing, there is no doubt that wii will sell all its produced consoles untile christmas, and at launch people will buy the other games, this way the companies will have a chance to sell them , if they had released mario, 90% of the people, like me, would have bought mario straight away as their first game, this way instead, they will be able to sell it later on, because the poeple will buy it anyway. Is not like the wii will not sell without mario, there is plenty of games out there, u can call it their card up their sleeves, i wouldn't be surprised to see mario released around march
wink.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Other tidbits of info Orc-style:
- Wii Prepaid cards. (1000yen for 1000pts card, 3000yen for 3000pts card and 5000yen for 5000pts card.) Used for purchasing VC shit and probably other stuff.
- When you buy VC shit, you can organize them in custom channels (like organize them to "Mario Series" for example.
- The photos you can edit can be from SD cards from cell phones or digicams or whatever device. You obviously put them in the SD slot located at the flap thing in front.

EDIT:
- There's a bundle for 5000yen that includes the VC Controller and a 5000pts prepaid card!
biggrin.gif
Shweeet!

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
US$250... Nice! Very close to the £150 estimate that was on the Gameplay.com pre-order site!

So now there's going to be a...

- WiiConnect24 messaging service that works with mobiles, PCs, other Wiis and software.
- Built-in internal software ("Channels") just like how the DS has Pictochat, the Wii has the Photo, Portrait, Weather, News, Internet and Shopping Channel.
- A download service so that you can play retro games from the NES, PC Engine, SNES, Mega Drive, N64 and MSX.

And Japan gets it on the 2nd December... Later than the US date?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/index.html

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Japanese Launch List
biggrin.gif

- Chou Shittou Caduceus NEO (Trauma Center NEO) [tentative title]
- Elebits
- Machi Kuru Domino (Kuru Domino Town?) [tentative title]
- Necro-Nesia
- Super Monkey Ball: Uki Uki Party Dai Shuugou
- Swing Golf PANGYA
- Wing Island
- Kororinpa
- SD Gundam Revolution [tentative title]
- Ennichi no Tatsujin
- Tamagotchi no Pika-Pika Daitouryou~!
- Red Steel
- Wii Sports
- Odoru! Made in Wario! (Wario Ware)
- The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
- Hajimete no Wii

EDIT: Done lol

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I love how Konami's titles are:
Music Simulation Game (tentative title)
New Action-Adventure Game 1 (tentative title)
New Action-Adventure Game 2 (tentative title)
Sports Game - Soccer (tentative title)
Sports Game - Baseball (tentative title)
Role Playing Game (tentative title)

I hope they reveal some of this come TGS2006...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i didnt "hear", it's a truth +1