Wii games directly in Wiiu menu ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TheKitof, Mar 12, 2017.

1. TheKitof
    OP

TheKitof Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    France
    Is there a way to launch Wii games directly in Wiiu menu ?

I explain :
    I've read some WIP work about FAT32 support for WiiU HDD, in order to use the same disc for Wiiu and vWii, but i found nothing about the reverse way ? (Store Wii games on the WiiU disc)

Is there some technical issues to develop a Virtual Console for Wii and use Forwarders channels in Wiiu menu ?

Sorry for my english, and if theses questions seem dumb to you ;)

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Wii games are expected to have 100% usage of the PowerPC processor (and IOS of the ARM), so it would be quite hard to decrypt on the fly and on demand a WFS disk
    Besides, if you use a FAT32 disk for WiiU, you can "put wii games on the one used for wiiu" :D

Yes, search for "EGGS header" to find the research topic: basically, we are very close but there are a few things to figure out still, to convert iso/wbfs to a WiiU channel (the opposite is already possible)

Wii VC only emulates DVDs, not Wii digital titles.
    Yes, it's possible to create an ISO-based forwarder, but as said above we can't do custom isos yet

TheKitof likes this.
  3. TheKitof
    OP

TheKitof Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    France
    Thanks a lot ! Everything is clear now ;) The EGGS topic is exactly what i'm looking for !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice