Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

wiibegamesandchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]

have your dumps the right size...?? some people said that in the middle of the dump sometimes the web browser stoped but it says that the download was succesful, I used flashget to get the dumps and it never fails...!!!
wink.gif

[/quote]

File size looks right at around 4 gb. The only thing I noticed is I have to select Dual layered disc in disc dumper to get the proper file size. If I use single layered disc size is less than 400 mb.

wacko.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiibegamesandchit said:
File size looks right at around 4 gb. The only thing I noticed is I have to select Dual layered disc in disc dumper to get the proper file size. If I use single layered disc size is less than 400 mb.

Sounds like the transfer is timing out - you need to use single layer to transfer. If its that small the transfer is failing - do you have a linksys wrt54g router ?

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like gamesandchit has a similar problem with the drive clicking.
Well I did try to burn on the hp computer. It was purchased within this last year and the dvd drive is a TSSTcorp TS-H653N 0208. I used both the verbatin and memorex at 8X and and 4X and I'm sad to say same result (freeze with drive clicking on channel launcher and no effect with reboot with hooks or disc read error 324 if from hbc). I also tried to downlgrade 3.0 and this did not help either. I'm wondering if maybe my wii is dumber also and maybe it is a problem with dvd drive . I do believe that it time to give up and get mod chip. Thanks again for all your help and great suggestions. I would love to try anything else. My personal opinion is that I need to do something with my cIOS but since the cIOS installer that game with .3 gamma had no errors, I'm unsure as what would be the problem or what cIOS fix I would need.

wiibegamesandchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
wiibegamesandchit said:

Sounds like the transfer is timing out - you need to use single layer to transfer. If its that small the transfer is failing - do you have a linksys wrt54g router ?

netgear wireless router. i think i read where some folks have problems with IE so I am going to retry everything using firefox and SD layer.

thx.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wiibegamesandchit said:
netgear wireless router. i think i read where some folks have problems with IE so I am going to retry everything using firefox and SD layer.

thx.

FlashGet is a good option too, IE is just not good for this app, I use to do it with Safari (for Win32) but realized that FlashGet works faster...!!!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(bowser2010 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:04 AM) Sounds like gamesandchit has a similar problem with the drive clicking.
Well I did try to burn on the hp computer. It was purchased within this last year and the dvd drive is a TSSTcorp TS-H653N 0208. I used both the verbatin and memorex at 8X and and 4X and I'm sad to say same result (freeze with drive clicking on channel launcher and no effect with reboot with hooks or disc read error 324 if from hbc). I also tried to downlgrade 3.0 and this did not help either. I'm wondering if maybe my wii is dumber also and maybe it is a problem with dvd drive . I do believe that it time to give up and get mod chip. Thanks again for all your help and great suggestions. I would love to try anything else. My personal opinion is that I need to do something with my cIOS but since the cIOS installer that game with .3 gamma had no errors, I'm unsure as what would be the problem or what cIOS fix I would need.

Are you sure that no error appears when you try to install the ios249_r7.wad that's on my signature..???
huh.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Are you sure that no error appears when you try to install the ios249_r7.wad that's on my signature..???
huh.gif
Yeah i kinda had this pegged to be a cIOS error as well , but seemingly its not :s - cant work it out

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well I tryed to help a friend and he can't even get the HBC, the TH can't found the .dol/.elf of the HBC installer, so maybe there are some Wii's against "P", kind of the new generation of machines with a mind of their own...!!!
tongue.gif

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
bowser2010 said:
Sounds like gamesandchit has a similar problem with the drive clicking.

huh.gif

Yes ether I finally got the hamster on the wheel and forced my hand to click on the smily. thanks for being patient with me (thanks to you too taz!) and dled the wad. got it installed with no errors using wad manager. Same symptoms unfortunately. I even tried downgrading the cIOS and then dling 3.0 and 3.1 and 3.2 from nin's servers and all had no luck. I used the cios installer from the gamma rar file after each install and had no errors on that install either.

I have now given up on this wii and am convinced its one of the few drives that has problems reading dl discs ( and probably burnt discs). I'm getting this from Nintendo's site and their SSBB support notes. Since our wii if off warranty they will still replace and have sent the wiii to them. See http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ts/gameSSBB.jsp for details on the offer I am talking about. I guess there are a few wiis, including mine, that may never be able to use this loader. That's just my opion based on my experience with this process, my troubleshooting, and help recieved from u guys. What do you both think? I am doing the right thing? I will let you know when it gets back and will install the loader and try it immediatly!! It will be within the week based on my previous experience returning my kids ds's 7 times now (3 kids each have own ds and running 1 cyclo with ez3i1 flash and 2 cheepo edge cards). I've never played a ds game - just maintain them for their fun
smile.gif
Hope to post soon on my luck with this whole process.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmmmmm... sounds good, I'll cross my fingers so that solve your problem, I forgot to show you a list of Disc ID's so you can be sure your media is legit memorex (here in Mexico you can find Verbatim spelled "BERBATIM" or "VERBATIN" you know) and if you have 1st class media then burn at 16X (if your writter is 3 years old or less), if you have a 2nd class media burn at half speed, and if you have 3rd class media, then you know you need to buy better media
laugh.gif

so check Da' List

tweakable

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

It is still not working on my wii. I'm getting dvd read errors with backup launcher 0.3 or just a black screen and spinning dvd player every 15 seconds, like if it's trying and trying. I tried many many guides but never starts a backup game.

First i had a 3.4e wii and walked trough many guides to install homebrew channel, ios, cios, different backup launcher channels etc.
When this all was not working i followed the steps in the 002gammloader html guide with the files from the zip file. I also downgraded to 3.2e and installed everyting after that, exactly as that guide says.

Do you know other options i can try?

note that i burn backups on platinum -r at 4x and a friend does the same and almost every bakcup is working on his wii.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tweakable said:
Hi all,

It is still not working on my wii. I'm getting dvd read errors with backup launcher 0.3 or just a black screen and spinning dvd player every 15 seconds, like if it's trying and trying. I tried many many guides but never starts a backup game.

First i had a 3.4e wii and walked trough many guides to install homebrew channel, ios, cios, different backup launcher channels etc.
When this all was not working i followed the steps in the 002gammloader html guide with the files from the zip file. I also downgraded to 3.2e and installed everyting after that, exactly as that guide says.

Do you know other options i can try?

note that i burn backups on platinum -r at 4x and a friend does the same and almost every bakcup is working on his wii.

What cIOS is now on your machine ?
What errors are you getting from the disc and have you tried it from the homebrew channel directly ?
Do normal games load from the backup loader ?

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,
I have been using the Gamma Channel and it has been working great so far. I had been using TDK DVD+R to burn games and they work great. However, I ran out and i tried using some Philips DVD-R I found laying around in my house and I can't get them to work. It might be that these DVDs suck but I wanted to ask around to see if anyone has any advice if not I am going to throw out about 35 Philips DVDs and go buy some TDKs or Verbatims.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a stack of Philips DVD-R in 100 pack that burned at a max of 4 speed for some reason , but they worked perfectly.
My buddy got Philips DVD-R with the same print in a 25 pack and she used my laptop and software and ISO's to burn onto her discs which strangly burnt at 8x but none of the discs worked , even when burning at 4x on her discs.

Some Philips DVD-R's work , some dont ... they all look the same , the only difference i saw was the burn speed, my working ones were limited to 4x

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
I had a stack of Philips DVD-R in 100 pack that burned at a max of 4 speed for some reason , but they worked perfectly.
My buddy got Philips DVD-R with the same print in a 25 pack and she used my laptop and software and ISO's to burn onto her discs which strangly burnt at 8x but none of the discs worked , even when burning at 4x on her discs.

Some Philips DVD-R's work , some don't ... they all look the same , the only difference i saw was the burn speed, my working ones were limited to 4x

Weird... mine burn at a max of 16x. I guess mine don't work then because they don't seem to work for anything. I tried burnt the Windows 7 Beta and when I tried installing it my computer could not fully read it. Also tried burning some videos and my DVD player couldn't read it either. Guess that was the reason no one else had used them at my house
blink.gif

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DJTAZ I followed your Step by step instructions and used all your download files and i'm pleased to say i've been succesful in playing backups on both mine and muy bro's consoles so thanks for your easy to follow guide, now i'm getting into this hacking/modding stuff i'm interested in installing Aquilino's Disk channel loader without CIOSCORP files, will i come accross any stumbling blocks having both the gamma loader and his stuff on the console (preloader issues??)
thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bricked my wii installing preloader - IronMask was on hand to sort me out thank god (thanks buddy). He had originally tested it and knew the downfalls and i had to re-install the system menu and it resolved it.

All i can say is be very careful doing other things and read everything twice. I was on firmware 3.3 which was why it corrupted the system - my own fault for not paying more attention , but just a warning to others

Glad the loaders worked well for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated