Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I had a gamma channel installed and it was running great, but for PAL games I had to go to the menu, which is not very good for my girl to do, So I got a Force NTSC autoloader channel (thanks taz for the thread!) and I noticed it installed on top of the old one, tho its working perfect. Is this normal?

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 doesn't display in 16x9 whenever I use Gamma to load it, but when I use normal disc it displays in 16x9. Any help?

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sentinel Yeah that's normal, when I installed Gamma it wrote over Beta, but when I installed a different Gamma wad (different graphics), it did NOT overwrite. Not exactly sure, but I think when it overwrites it is because it used the same ticket id thingy.

Yo people... The term PATCHING is very confusing, I will admit. There are actually a few different types of modifications that can be performed on a 1:1 iso. However, the one that you DON'T want to do is decrypt. Decrypting or Unscrambling the iso will make it NOT run on Gamma, it is for an outdated launcher, Waninkoko's Leaked Loader, if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, somehow this became known as patching, and the term patched iso often means decrypted iso.

Removing system updates aka brickblocking is a type of patch, but the iso will still run on Gamma no prob.
Scrubbing garbage filler data from an iso to allow it to be compressed better using rar or zip is another thing that doesn't affect it running on Gamma.
I suspect the region can be changed with WiU or the like with no ill effects.

So there you have it patch but don't patch, lol

patch, brickblock, scrub, region patch, decrypt/unscramble yeah... maybe we need a noob glossary or something, LOL

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
breakdaze said:
Decrypting or Unscrambling the iso will make it NOT run on Gamma, it is for an outdated launcher, Waninkoko's Leaked Loader, if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, somehow this became known as patching, and the term patched iso often means decrypted iso.

You are not right. Patched = decrypted games are working fine on gamma

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magic12 said:
breakdaze said:
Decrypting or Unscrambling the iso will make it NOT run on Gamma, it is for an outdated launcher, Waninkoko's Leaked Loader, if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, somehow this became known as patching, and the term patched iso often means decrypted iso.

You are not right. Patched = decrypted games are working fine on gamma

Oh? OK sorry, I kept reading that they would not work.

To be clear, a decrypted iso can be opened and viewed with MagicISO or the like, and a 1:1 can't.

So in Gamma you can run an iso like that (one you can open and view the contents of with certain PC utilities?)

Hmm, in any case, he doesn't NEED to decrypt the iso, in fact, I heard it will run slower, I seem to recall.

guirouskool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
According to you the error 384 comes with a problem player? only a backup in 10 has this problem (the first rayman pal 1:1). same procedure as yet another (dvd-r verbatim, nero x2, gamma BL).
sorry for my rudimentary english

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having some trouble installing the latest CIOS including anything else with the WAD Manager, I just get this an errorcode saying -2011. This is the case when I am trying to install any given wad file.

Anyone with the same error or a way to solve the problem?

evoandy

Trophies
XP
Country
BlazerRazor said:
I am having some trouble installing the latest CIOS including anything else with the WAD Manager, I just get this an errorcode saying -2011. This is the case when I am trying to install any given wad file.

you need to downgrade your ios

use "customWM" not WM

took me bloody ages to realise that bit
tongue.gif

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiHowToGamma.html

follow that to the letter and it will work remembering the Custom WM bit

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
evoandy said:
BlazerRazor said:

you need to downgrade your ios

use "customWM" not WM

took me bloody ages to realise that bit
tongue.gif

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiHowToGamma.html

follow that to the letter and it will work remembering the Custom WM bit
Thanks
smile.gif

What exactly do you mean by CustomWM?

brianx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

I cant install wads or cios and I cant uninstall them because some error showing up which says that the thing failed... It was after I installed the new cios without uninstalling the old cios from before which this problem started to happend? Does someone know How to solve this problem ?

brianx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have A problem
I cant install wads or cios and I cant uninstall them because some error showing up which says that the thing failed... It was after I installed the new cios without uninstalling the old cios from before which this problem started to happend? Does someone know How to solve this problem if someone does put it in this topic...

TheCruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some more dumb questions to ask after looking through your FAQs.

1. Does NTSC-J games work on the NTSC Wii?
2. Are there any recommended brands for burning on CDs?
3. Concerning Super Mario Galaxy and the SSBB (J), would it do a system update if I should run it from the loader?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks zerof for helping people out on this - your doing a great job - ive been busy and away for the last few days (still away) and havent really been able to keep up , but i see you have pretty much solved all the issues so just wanted to say great job with all your helping and keep up the good work
biggrin.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Thanks zerof for helping people out on this - your doing a great job - ive been busy and away for the last few days (still away) and havent really been able to keep up , but i see you have pretty much solved all the issues so just wanted to say great job with all your helping and keep up the good work
biggrin.gif

I try to help where I can, if I can, and other times my posts aren't so helpful.
biggrin.gif

I appreciate the kind words.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol