zanvetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
djtaz said:
Lol - seriously ??
Is it not plastered all over this thread ?
Try looking past the actual post at a signature.

Those are the files that Im using and you just told me that I need new ones!

zanvetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
djtaz said:
Lol - seriously ??
Hello.
I solved my Issue with the files... It was the SD
Now I have another question and I hope you can help me.
Can you please explain to me the step 4:
4. Select number 6 - WAD manager and install v0.3_GammaLauncher_Channel.wad channel (Thanks WiiShizzza) or Forsaekn's Auto loader BackupLauncher_0.3gamma (press 1 for menu) or the one with my name in it (autoload as well)

What is the difference between loading each one? should I load every single one or just a specific one?

Ill wait for your reply
Thank you.

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
acg12xu said:
I stumbled upon djtaz's loader and it works fine for me now! Thanks guys for solving my problem, I stayed up all last night trying to fix it. I wonder why the HBC version doesn't work.

Thanks again!
smile.gif
Lol yeah very strange - glad it works and all, but really it shouldnt if the homebrew channel doesnt work ... but as zerof said good to hear its all working and dont let it hear you say it shouldnt work in case it decides your right
tongue.gif
I definitely will watch my words around my Wii now that she's acting finicky all of a sudden lol. At first I thought it was perhaps a situation of a corrupt HBC backup loader that I had, but after trying different sources of the program, I've pretty much ruled that out.

I did have one follow up question that I don't know really belongs here or not. Before I applied the new backup launcher gamma, my normal disk channel didn't ask me to update when I inserted a newish title but now it does. Now when I put in my original copy of Castle Shikigami, I can load it in the backup channel but my normal disc channel wants to update. Is there a workaround for this so that my disc channel doesn't ask to update when a newer game is inserted? If this question doesn't belong in this topic, kindly ignore
smile.gif
Either way, I'm extremely satisfied with this new loader.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No new loader out yet - well since gamma

acg12xu said:
Before I applied the new backup launcher gamma, my normal disk channel didn't ask me to update when I inserted a newish title but now it does. Now when I put in my original copy of Castle Shikigami, I can load it in the backup channel but my normal disc channel wants to update. Is there a workaround for this so that my disc channel doesn't ask to update when a newer game is inserted? If this question doesn't belong in this topic, kindly ignore
smile.gif
Either way, I'm extremely satisfied with this new loader.

The backuploader skips the update section. You have 2 ways around it

1. Update (not the best idea , but it is a way around it)
2. Brickblock your games and use copies instead - brickblocked is in the zip file - it takes off the updates.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@acg12xu - You have a couple of options.

1) Load it with Gecko OS.
2) Install starfall if you have menu 3.2u.
3) Downgrade to 3.2u and then install starfall.
4) Like djtaz said, make a backup and use gamma.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zanvetto said:
djtaz said:
Lol - seriously ??
Hello.
I solved my Issue with the files... It was the SD
Now I have another question and I hope you can help me.
Can you please explain to me the step 4:
4. Select number 6 - WAD manager and install v0.3_GammaLauncher_Channel.wad channel (Thanks WiiShizzza) or Forsaekn's Auto loader BackupLauncher_0.3gamma (press 1 for menu) or the one with my name in it (autoload as well)

What is the difference between loading each one? should I load every single one or just a specific one?

Ill wait for your reply
Thank you.

You don't want to install them all, because you only need one channel. For the most part, the difference between them is the design. Djtaz has done a great job of showing you how each looks by providing a screenshot.

Other than that autoboot goes right into the game and force ___ forces that region automatically when autobooting.

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:

Thanks for the suggestions however I'm experiencing a couple problems. I first tried Gecko OS.... but it's having the same problem that my HBC loader had where it loads to the initial screen but it remains blank, only "Gecko OS" is at the top and the little icon of the Gecko at the bottom. Just as the HBC backup loader, I'm loading my disc into the Wii before I launch the program.

I also tried to starfall but it doesn't want to run.. It just hangs at the part that says hold B+2 to continue.

Is there a way to recondition a Wii back to 3.2U (my system menu is already 3.2U btw,) deleting everything that's not official while restoring everything official and start fresh? I'm thinking something went wrong during the CIOS installation and it's causing various problems with my HBC apps. Apps such as emulators in the HBC appear to work and are unaffected.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acg12xu said:
zerof said:

Thanks for the suggestions however I'm experiencing a couple problems. I first tried Gecko OS.... but it's having the same problem that my HBC loader had where it loads to the initial screen but it remains blank, only "Gecko OS" is at the top and the little icon of the Gecko at the bottom. Just as the HBC, I'm loading my disc into the Wii before I launch the program.

I also tried to starfall but it doesn't want to run.. It just hangs at the part that says hold B+2 to continue.

Is there a way to recondition a Wii back to 3.2U (my system menu is already 3.2U btw,) deleting everything that's not official while restoring everything official and start fresh? I'm thinking something went wrong during the CIOS installation and it's causing various problems with my HBC apps. Apps such as emulators in the HBC appear to work and are unaffected.

Since you have starfall going I think you should go that route since it gives you many different things such as region free games/region free channels/update blocker and not to mention it protects you from banner bricks from bad wads.

You press B+1 at the same time, and it might take a couple tries for it to accept it.

If you still want to get rid of the cIOS's etc. look for a program called any title deleter but you better do some reading before you do that. I personally wouldn't do it but there's the name if you want..

P1kas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, i have followed all the instructions on installing the cIOS and the backup loader and everything. However, whenever i insert one of my backups into the wii and start the backup loader it just hangs at the start screen. I was wondering if someone was having similar problems or if anyone already has a solution for this. The game i am currently trying to play is Animal Crossing: City Folk.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P1kas said:
OK, i have followed all the instructions on installing the cIOS and the backup loader and everything. However, whenever i insert one of my backups into the wii and start the backup loader it just hangs at the start screen. I was wondering if someone was having similar problems or if anyone already has a solution for this. The game i am currently trying to play is Animal Crossing: City Folk.

Is it just that game or all backups?

P1kas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all backups. I decided to try it with some other backups like Fire emblem and Mario kart which i KNOW work. My Wii is chipped, but for some reason this particular game is not starting and I've read that this loader runs the game.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your not really explaining things well at all.

you say you know the game works , but this game isnt starting .. is that with the modchip or with the loader or both ?

I'll assume you have a game that works on the modcihip properly ... have you tried that with the loader ?

Did you read the cIOS as it installed and did anything fail ? Did you have the 00000001 folder on your SD card ?

P1kas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The animal crossing game is NOT working. I tried the animal crossing game without the loader(with the chip) and it is not working. The loader is hanging no matter what game i try it with. I installed the CIOS with a wad as the DOL hanged on me...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The your problem is the game itself - get a new disc or a new ISO.
Try a different game that does work on the mod chip to see if the loader works

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz and zerof; thank you guys for everything. I now have all my problems ironed out because of your help. Starfall installed (by pressing B+1 instead of B+2 Doh!). And I even got my Wii Shop channel up and running again (after I deleted the IOS for that when I was messing around with anytitledeleter previously trying to fix my HBC backup loader problem)

Although it seams that most aren't having issues with this particular app, you guys are doing a great thing with your support for the people who do.

P1kas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried that. =[ The loader just hangs at the title screen. No options are displayed. The only thing displayed is the background where it says backup Loader gamma with the little gecko on the lower left screen.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acg12xu said:
djtaz and zerof; thank you guys for everything. I now have all my problems ironed out because of your help. Starfall installed (by pressing B+1 instead of B+2 Doh!). And I even got my Wii Shop channel up and running again (after I deleted the IOS for that when I was messing around with anytitledeleter previously trying to fix my HBC backup loader problem)

Although it seams that most aren't having issues with this particular app, you guys are doing a great thing with your support for the people who do.

QUOTE(djtaz @ Nov 23 2008, 04:14 PM) yup zerof is the man - his advice is great

blush.gif

LoL, djtaz I'm sure you know volumes of stuff I haven't yet found out. It wasn't too long ago I was asking the very simple questions.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds