Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
djtaz said:
minjeeta said:
I just noticed that if I run gamma from wiishizza channel without a disk in my wii it does not display the graphic background correctly and will not reboot with hooks just to a black screen. However from the homebrew channel it works correctly and will reboot without a disk in? what causes this strange behaviour. x

Not having a disc in the wii when trying to boot a disc causes that strange behaviour. have you tried starting a car without the keys in the ignotion ? Guess what ... it wont start.

I must say djtaz I'm a bit surprised at the tone of your reply my question was very simple, when starting my car without any keys from the homebrew channel the results are the gamma loader works perfectly, through to reboot. However the same is not true running the loader from wiishizza's channel, the config screen is not displayed correctly and it will not reboot........... Why not ? what is happening differently between the two environments. X

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Davey_T said:
djtaz said:
Davey_T said:
Im having a few problems reading my backup discs using the backup launcher .3. I burn them all with imgburn at 4X with Verbatim-r. My wii is pal

Fifa 09(PAL): Works perfectly which is why im confused about the other games.

You have installed things correctly if even one games works - the rest is compatibility
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111809

Its either bad iso , a non compatible game or its a bad burn of a good iso - issue could be your burner as well.
Check with the lads on the compatibility thread id think - your install is good as long as you installed cIOS249 for gamma
Just thought id let you know it turns out i didnt install things correctly. I didnt install the cIOS application. So how come some games work without installing the cIOS or some games dont? Glad iv finally got it working
smile.gif
Cheers for your help

If you had the beta cIOS installed its not too different so it may have been running on that - some games will work that way.

Metalix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i started the backup launcher gamma it only appears a black screen with the logo and the gecko on a part of the screen (a little one)
no text, nothing..
what can i do?

sirhc6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im tired of waisting dvds

the wiki has to be more specific...

im using alot of pal games on an ntsc wii and they only seem to work when patched, and i always burn the clean one thinking that 0.3 supports clean iso's...

can any1 tell me if super smash bros brawl pal version (clean) works on an ntsc wii? so i know if i have installed everything correctly:)

all iv done is cios and backup loader package installed

then replaced the boot.dol file in the cios file with rev 7 renaming to boot.dol and reinstalled the cios

then i did the safe 3.3 update

then installed an auto loader chanel

ps. when teh wiki under 1:1 says "yes/no" what does that mean? like i no 1:1 is not patched but yes/no? does that means sometimes? lol

thanks in advance!:)!

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sirhc6 said:
im tired of waisting dvds

the wiki has to be more specific...

im using alot of pal games on an ntsc wii and they only seem to work when patched, and i always burn the clean one thinking that 0.3 supports clean iso's...

can any1 tell me if super smash bros brawl pal version (clean) works on an ntsc wii? so i know if i have installed everything correctly:)

all iv done is cios and backup loader package installed

then replaced the boot.dol file in the cios file with rev 7 renaming to boot.dol and reinstalled the cios

then i did the safe 3.3 update

then installed an auto loader chanel

ps. when teh wiki under 1:1 says "yes/no" what does that mean? like i no 1:1 is not patched but yes/no? does that means sometimes? lol

thanks in advance!:)!

Yes/No means patched and 1:1 tested. With gamma, just use 1:1 copies.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sentinel5000 said:
Thanks for the thread taz, one question on the neorame channels, the one that says it has been tested by you and neorame on 5 wiis, the question is: What does it mean on the ForceNTSC channel that says "(English and German)"? Does it include both languages or something?? Thanks in advance!
Lol yeah german and english languages

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
minjeeta said:
djtaz said:
minjeeta said:
I just noticed that if I run gamma from wiishizza channel without a disk in my wii it does not display the graphic background correctly and will not reboot with hooks just to a black screen. However from the homebrew channel it works correctly and will reboot without a disk in? what causes this strange behaviour. x

Not having a disc in the wii when trying to boot a disc causes that strange behaviour. have you tried starting a car without the keys in the ignotion ? Guess what ... it wont start.

I must say djtaz I'm a bit surprised at the tone of your reply my question was very simple, when starting my car without any keys from the homebrew channel the results are the gamma loader works perfectly, through to reboot. However the same is not true running the loader from wiishizza's channel, the config screen is not displayed correctly and it will not reboot........... Why not ? what is happening differently between the two environments. X
Well to be honest im a bit surprised that someone tried to start a DISC LOADER channel without a DISC LOADED ... seriously , its not rocket science - put a disc in before loading , its a little bug in the channel loaders that doesnt really matter to 99.9% of users who put the discs in first.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Metalix said:
when i started the backup launcher gamma it only appears a black screen with the logo and the gecko on a part of the screen (a little one)
no text, nothing..
what can i do?
You can tell us more about your system , what you installed , where you got the files, what games your trying , what discs your using and anything else that may help

QUOTE(sirhc6 @ Nov 21 2008, 07:00 AM) im tired of waisting dvds
Try a different game to test - that game can be iffy at the best of times - try one thats confirmed to work perfectly with no issues so you can confirm your loader and discs are ok - i assume ur using DVD-R discs ?

Metalix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a wii 3.3, USA..i didn't put the new actualization from nintendo..
i only tried with Animal Crossing (USA, No Actualization and nothing like that style) then the backup launcher crashed :S, when i tried in the SD slot with the homebrew channel, it happen the same....
with wad manager, appears a message that says "this channel can't be used"
what can i do? shall i use a Downgrader? or Reboot the wii? (i thinked in this like a first idea and first solution)
thx for the answering

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
animal crossing has an update in it. Also your SD card may be corrupt - have you tried backing it up , reformatting with fat16 (normal fat) and getting the files on it again ?
Can you also confirm ifs its version 3.3U or 3.3Uv2 ?

Metalix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't actualize it after october..i actualized it like in september, something around that..
are you sure that animal crossing has an update? mine's not :S
i will try the thingy with the SD card..
but that happens in SD Card version AND the channel version :S

iainfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
iainfm said:
Nope...no trouble installing them (and no errors). They install fine, and appear on my main Wii screen, but when I run them the Wii just resets...
What channels have you tried ? and have you tried going into the menu and trying different settings ? It sounds like theres a small bit of a corrupt file somewhere but tracking it down would be hard - one thing you could try if your willing to take a chance would be to use the ios downgrader and 'downgrade' to version 3.2 system and try re-installing things then - it should get you a new system menu and let you start from scratch with the loaders and hopefully clear any errors - on the other hand it may stop the whole thing working so its a coin flip
tongue.gif

I've got my channels working! Installing the system update on the Mario Kart game brought them to life
smile.gif

amrum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone !

I don't succeed playing my backups.
My Wii has the firmware : 3.3E

I installed the Homebrew channel Beta 9 with the Twilight Hack v0.1beta1.
I use the Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma and installed the cIOS provided.

But i have no luck playing my backup. (decrypted & 1:1)

What should i do ?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    talk about a semen demon
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I got logged out of my GBAtemp account. First thing I think: "O SHIT DID I GET BANNED"
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    oh noes!!!!!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good thing you didn't
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: good thing you didn't +1