Hacking Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma - Noncompatibility List

Meowayne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now that Gamma is out, a compatibility list seems redundant, and the "0.3 Compatibility List" can be unstickied, I don't think we need another 30 confirmations that Okami and De Blob work now.
Instead, we should focus on a detailed non-compatibility list for potential further improvements. Reading through the threads, the following games seem to be definatly not working:

Mortal Kombat Armageddon
MoH: Heroes 2
Red Steel
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
House of the Dead 2
Pangya Golf With Style
SSX Blur
Sam & Max: Season One
Call of Duty 3
Far Cry Vengeance
Metal Slug 6 on Metal Slug Anthology
One Piece
SEGA Superstar Tennis
FIFA 08

If those who have one or more of these games could write a more detailed description of how exactly these games do not work, that would be great. I also noticed many people had problems getting Quantum of Solace to work, what's up with that?
So anyway, if you have games that don't work with Gamma - Add them here.

Celtic Redemptio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You said you won't add the green screen stuff, well i have PAL wii, european tv, RGB cables, and downloaded the PAL Pangya game, and i get the green screen. if it's not any of the things you mentioned, then what is it?

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
sa_king84 said:
that new Bratz game stii give an error when it boots, says to take out the disc and reset
Bratz Girlz Rock? PAL version works fine in 0.3g

Also the green screen issue in pangya is different to wrong videomode being force.

PAL copy of the game on PAL wii crashes at green screen no matter which options are chosen (crashes at black screen if using the disc channel).

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
According to the wiki Super Swing Golf Season 2 does, which is the NTSC sequel to it (Super Swing Golf 1 is the euro sequel, which I'm going to try in a min).

Anyone who wishes to try the NTSC versions they are:
Swing_Golf_Pangya_JPN_Wii-Caravan
Super_Swing_Golf_NTSC_Wii-VORTEX

Stupid changing of names in different regions - I blame the amerikans. ;p

I-Iybr1d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hfusion.planetaclix.pt
XP
Country
I find strange that both NTSC and PAL version of Star Wars - The Force Unleashed appear as "working" on the matrix of 0.3 Gamma... both of mine 1:1 and decrypted backups show the same error:

"An error occurred, please remove the disc and power off"

Ive done them in:

DVD-R DataWrite
Burned at 4x with IMGBurn
With a ASUS DRW-1814BL DVD Drive

Should i change anything on the menu screen of the Gamma Version?

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I-Iybr1d said:
I find strange that both NTSC and PAL version of Star Wars - The Force Unleashed appear as "working" on the matrix of 0.3 Gamma... both of mine 1:1 and decrypted backups show the same error:

Ive done them in:

DVD-R DataWrite

When do you get the error?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I-Iybr1d said:

Ive done them in:

DVD-R DataWrite

Did you install the gamma cIOS(rev7)? You know that this is the main difference between beta and gamma, and you can use the gamma cIOS with the beta launcher and SoftChip with the same compatibility as the gamma loader?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
quim69 said:
According to the wiki Super Swing Golf Season 2 does, which is the NTSC sequel to it (Super Swing Golf 1 is the euro sequel, which I'm going to try in a min).

Anyone who wishes to try the NTSC versions they are:
Swing_Golf_Pangya_JPN_Wii-Caravan
Super_Swing_Golf_NTSC_Wii-VORTEX

Stupid changing of names in different regions - I blame the amerikans. ;p

Super_Swing_Golf_Season_2-USA-WII-PreCiSiON works on my PAL Wii using Backup Launcher gamma (both launching normally and through disc channel with rebooter), but won't start through disc channel when using Menu Patcher (black screen).

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
joda said:
Super_Swing_Golf_Season_2-USA-WII-PreCiSiON works on my PAL Wii using Backup Launcher gamma (both launching normally and through disc channel with rebooter), but won't start through disc channel when using Menu Patcher (black screen).
Strange - Super_Swing_Golf_PAL_WII-MOMENT (which is the euro version of Season 02) works fine with gamma (disc chan and through the loader itself), not tried it via the menu patcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1