Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just installed the package from djtaz and 1 question..even though everything is working as it should i ran the 3.3 safe update included in the package and also the shop channel (even though i never use it) and my system menu still says its 3.1 (never updated in the past) is it just the ios it patches but doesnt change the info..eg has it patched even though it still says 3.1 in my system menu..

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hetster said:
just installed the package from djtaz and 1 question..even though everything is working as it should i ran the 3.3 safe update included in the package and also the shop channel (even though i never use it) and my system menu still says its 3.1 (never updated in the past) is it just the ios it patches but doesnt change the info..eg has it patched even though it still says 3.1 in my system menu..

Yeah - it basically installs the iso files needed to update the shop channel , but doesnt update the actual system files - your system is up to date , but the big N wont know it and still try to update.

zetetic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pal 3.1E system

HBC beta9

WiiGator cIOS_Installer that came with Backup Launcher 0.3 , shows loading process bar, then goes to black screen and wiimote switches off and nothing else happens.

This happens if i wait for HBC to connect or not.

Copying the required files to 00000010000024\v1042 gives the same result when running cIOS Installer.

Nothing plugged in GC ports.

Backup Launcher 0.3 loads fine...

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zetetic said:
pal 3.1E system

HBC beta9

WiiGator cIOS_Installer that came with Backup Launcher 0.3 , shows loading process bar, then goes to black screen and wiimote switches off and nothing else happens.

Copying the required files to 00000010000024\v1042 gives the same result when running cIOS Installer.

if 0.3 works and plays backups why are you trying to reinstall the cIOS again?

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ty..i had a feeling it was that. i other thing if i do a friends wii (he asked me today lol) and he doesnt have iternet is there any point updating the shopping channel? shall i just run the update cios and decline the shop channel update..and also so far all my patched games from 0.1 work in 0.3 as defualt. is the gc hook not nescesary anymore? or is it a case of each game will prefer a different hook..
ty for your sig as well.. i have used 3 different versions from your sig and all 3 where easy to follow and did what they said on the tin..

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what the hell...

so i've tried to uninstall the 2 old cIOS (rev5 and fix) but they give me a (ret -1) error just installed the new cIOS by wiigator, over the top and it seemed to allow me to do that.

tried playing none patched sonic and the secret rings pal and i could make out it said DVD error and something like dvd failure overwriting the first line. so imagine you've written something down, then written the next word of your sentence over the top of it. thats how it looks lol

then i tried to play mario galaxy pal patched and it didnt give an error BUT it did hang at the loader where it usually looks for ocarina codes... (i cant remember if i turned them off or not)

where can i grab waninkoko's cIOS uninstaller? i think it may be something to do with the two that are still in there, unless taking DVDx off has effected something?

zetetic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Motoko said:
zetetic said:
pal 3.1E system

HBC beta9

It was an ironic comment, because i'm having problems installing cIOS and on that note I will point out that I have never had any previous version of cIOS or loader installed.

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
what the hell...

so i've tried to uninstall the 2 old cIOS (rev5 and fix) but they give me a (ret -1) error just installed the new cIOS by wiigator, over the top and it seemed to allow me to do that.

tried playing none patched sonic and the secret rings pal and i could make out it said DVD error and something like dvd failure overwriting the first line. so imagine you've written something down, then written the next word of your sentence over the top of it. thats how it looks lol

then i tried to play mario galaxy pal patched and it didnt give an error BUT it did hang at the loader where it usually looks for ocarina codes... (i cant remember if i turned them off or not)

where can i grab waninkoko's cIOS uninstaller? i think it may be something to do with the two that are still in there, unless taking DVDx off has effected something?

go to his website and download cIOS uninstaller v1.1

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zetetic said:
Motoko said:
zetetic said:
pal 3.1E system

HBC beta9

It was an ironic comment, because i'm having problems installing cIOS and on that note I will point out that I have never had any previous version of cIOS or loader installed.

oh ok, was confused if you were asking for help or not. Did you update your wii btw?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Motoko said:
mikeyt1998 said:
what the hell...

got the site but i dunno how to download the app...

also do you think i'm onto something with this? i dont wanna be wasting my time.

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
Motoko said:
mikeyt1998 said:
what the hell...

which is...

also do you think i'm onto something with this? i dont wanna be wasting my time.

oh come on, I remember when I was in your shoes, all I did was go to google and type his name in. What came up in the first hit was his website http://wii.waninkoko.info/.

It's worth a shot, i dont know what mess you've got yourself into by installing all these cIOS's and what not.

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
oi, i got the website i said! click on cios uninstaller 1.1 and then its a spanish site explaining it... i dont know how to download the file lol

you need to register. i hope your a fast learner with languages lol

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
damn it lol never mind then i'l try find anytitle deleter like ArmTH said. thanks anyways
smile.gif

zetetic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Motoko said:
zetetic said:
Motoko said:
zetetic said:
pal 3.1E system

HBC beta9

oh ok, was confused if you were asking for help or not. Did you update your wii btw?

pal 3.1E is the system version does it have to be later version or did you mean cIOS's available by installing this CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad. As HBC beta9 stated i was running under 34 and wanted to update to 36 during the update.

PEJAY1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
plez help.tried to install homebrew chan but at the end of installation it comes on screen
SORRY YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED VERISON OF IOS {IOS21} INSTALLED PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WII SYTEM AND TRY AGAIN
PLEASE HELP

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PEJAY1 said:
plez help.tried to install homebrew chan but at the end of installation it comes on screen
SORRY YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED VERISON OF IOS {IOS21} INSTALLED PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WII SYTEM AND TRY AGAIN
PLEASE HELP
This has nothing to do with the Wii Backup Loader.
And I already said, use WUFE in the Twilight Hack to extract IOS21 from a game disk and then install from the Wad Manager.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Should I uninstall the DVDx, I have an updated Wii and HBC9 (Yes I know, shouldn't done that, but I was really drunk last night and didn't care)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes Jeff Butts a reporter you can trust