Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normal not WiiFii'ed

With everything at no i get black screen and nothing is happening even thaught the wiimote is still on (but i don't think loading takes 10min+)
With Pal 60 i only get geen screen
With Pal 50 the same
NTSC Black screen after more than 2 min waiting still black
VIDTV Patch green screen appears than its getting black and nothing more

WiiFrii patched

same as above

;(

P.S biste ihrgendwo nähe düsseldorf ??? ansonsten kennt ja eig kein schwein neuss grevenbroich

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Youkai said:
Normal not WiiFii'ed

With everything at no i get black screen and nothing is happening even thaught the wiimote is still on (but i don't think loading takes 10min+)
With Pal 60 i only get geen screen
With Pal 50 the same
NTSC Black screen after more than 2 min waiting still black
VIDTV Patch green screen appears than its getting black and nothing more

WiiFrii patched

same as above

;(

P.S biste ihrgendwo nähe düsseldorf ??? ansonsten kennt ja eig kein schwein neuss grevenbroich
Uhm, i don't have this particular game so i cant test it .. but according to the compat list it should work. do you use the cios_fix ?

ps: jau, bin aus jüchen. grevenbroich is umme ecke
wink.gif

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well the list says WiiFrii NTSC->Pal

maybe the problem is that i used region frii cuz wiifrii didn't work for me
maybe its because i have firmware 3.2 ?

oh and before i just burn it anyone an idea if wii music works on pal ?

jo jüchen is net weit, bedbordyck spielt da ... is ja noch hier im kreis

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the US version from Wii music works great.
I patched it to PAL first and removed the update.
You should only need to remove the update... you know, safty first...
You can FORCE to NTSC with the loader 0.1 this should also work.

Mann, mann... so viele germans wach um die Zeit
tongue.gif

LolDaktoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ineedhelpbad said:
Does anyone know if you can have both versions (0.1 + 0.3) of Wiigator's backup loader installed at the same time, or will the new version overwrite the older one.

I have both versions installed. Works fine. The new cios installs fine over the old one.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LolDaktoa said:
ineedhelpbad said:
Does anyone know if you can have both versions (0.1 + 0.3) of Wiigator's backup loader installed at the same time, or will the new version overwrite the older one.

I have both versions installed. Works fine. The new cios installs fine over the old one.

Great - thanks for the update !!

spacemansp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz: thanks for the great compiliations to help install the homebrew....

question for you I have installed sucessfully the previous verision of your Backuploader compiloation 0.1
if i want to upgrade to the .3 installation I see you have a part in the readme about that....

but...

1) how do you update it to the safe 3.3u installation? i dont see that anywhere and i want to be clear about that before i go any further...

2) what i should uninstall so i can have a clean install of the .3 loader?

(like IOS 249... can i uninstall it after install the new CIOS? and how?)

3)also how do i uninstall the backup loader channel... in the 0.1 release it doesnt work for me...... and is there a working version for .3?
UPDATE: when i uinstalled backuploader .2 it removed the channel.

thanks
smile.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Answers for spaceman

2) The IOS249.
3) Use Tona's AnyTitle Deleter and delete the title under Downloaded Channels. The 0.3 beta version has it's own channel thread.

My question:

1) Waninkoko just released cIOS rev6, which has the support for Backup Launcher 0.3, does it have the same changes and more or just the same as WiiGator's?

spacemansp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i installed the .3 cios and the backup launcher (didnt install 3.3 update) and now when i run Resident Umbrella Chronicles (patched) which worked with the .1 software... it just sits on a black screen....

what should i try to do to fix it?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
spacemansp said:
ok i installed the .3 cios and the backup launcher (didnt install 3.3 update) and now when i run Resident Umbrella Chronicles (patched) which worked with the .1 software... it just sits on a black screen....

what should i try to do to fix it?

not all games will work with the new loader. you just have to test all options. (change DVD type, burn rate, burn program, patched and unpatched etc)

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, this is a useful thread, but I think the first post is now getting a bit confused, given that it tries to cover Waninkoko's launcher, WiiGater 0.1 and WiiGater 0.3, and some of the answers don't apply to all loaders. Do you think it's time this was split out into a 0.3-specific thread with a clearer first post?

doomsmythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, getting frustrated a bit, so bear with me. i was able to get HBC back with this pack, but still it won't install cios or wads. I updated to the new syatem and can't find anything on how to get this loaded right. a quick point in the right direction would be cool.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pelago said:
Hi, this is a useful thread, but I think the first post is now getting a bit confused, given that it tries to cover Waninkoko's launcher, WiiGater 0.1 and WiiGater 0.3, and some of the answers don't apply to all loaders. Do you think it's time this was split out into a 0.3-specific thread with a clearer first post?

WiiGator has a Q&A on the first post of his thread - though im not sure if he will be updating it - if he doesnt ill start one specifically for the new loader and keep it up to date. and yes i know it is getting a little confusing now

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doomsmythe said:
Okay, getting frustrated a bit, so bear with me. i was able to get HBC back with this pack, but still it won't install cios or wads. I updated to the new syatem and can't find anything on how to get this loaded right. a quick point in the right direction would be cool.

I didnt have the update issue so i never actually used the downgrader files or had a need to - Waninkoko created them and released them and i decided to add to the zip to get things working again for people , but info is limited on them im afraid so i wont be much help at all. If you do manage to get things working sharing any info would be great and im sure some others will also share their info on here

doomsmythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One quick thing..how do you run the downgrader, the readme is pretty vague. I tried from HBC and twilight hack, renaming it boot.dol. I am too much of a n00b. Just when i thought I had this thing down too
frown.gif

amzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
don't think I have seen this anywhere else on other threads (question posed but not answered) .......It would be good to know specifically what to delete from system console via the anytitle deleter application inorder to remove every (IOS) etc not needed....Ensuring a clean install can be carried out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work