Hacking Wii Beatles Rock Band + DLC on WiiU?

Niko P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
konfusion-cocina.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hi Guys...

I was wondering if someone could help on this one....

I have both wii and WiiU, as probably some of you have... In my wii, I used to have my OpenWiiFlow working on with my USB HDD and plenty of games...

On my old Wii, I downloaded as much DLC content as I could, running IOS56 patch. But when I transferred all the content from Wii to WiiU using their assistant, It turns out that this does not transfer DLC content. I see that there seems not to be an option to do it, according to Rockband website etc.

My questions:
1 - Has someone figured out how to do it?

2 - Would it be safe to patch IOS56 with the relevant patch to enable the access to the shop and re-download the songs on Wiiu directly?

Thank you so much for your support

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if it is possible, but I would highly recommend that you do not install a patched IOS unless someone VERY reputable tells you it's safe. Generally speaking, installing a Wii IOS on your Wii U will cause serious problems and/or brick your vWii. There would have to be one designed specifically for vWii for it to be safe.

Niko P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
konfusion-cocina.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Thnx for your Reply TehCupcakes....

I know patched IOS shouldn't be applied....However, as far as I remember, this is only a dope IOS thing, to restore trucha bug.... Not really a complete patch....

IOS56

Used by:
  • The Beatles: Rock Band
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Wii Shop Channel v20
  • Sonic 4: Episode 1 (WiiWare)
  • Club Penguin: Game Day
Apparently shouldn't be very harmfull.... Can someone confirm its dangerousness??
Thnx

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thnx for your Reply TehCupcakes....

I know patched IOS shouldn't be applied....However, as far as I remember, this is only a dope IOS thing, to restore trucha bug.... Not really a complete patch....

IOS56

Used by:

• The Beatles: Rock Band
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Wii Shop Channel v20
  • Sonic 4: Episode 1 (WiiWare)
  • Club Penguin: Game Day
Apparently shouldn't be very harmfull.... Can someone confirm its dangerousness??
Thnx
Patching vWii IOS56 with Normal Wii patches will mess up ios56 and any games using it will act funny and/or crash.
Is it harmful : Only if you forget to backup IOS56 first. patching it will not brick vWii, and the backup can be reinstalled to replace it with the vWii one again.

I do not see why you need to patch ios56, if you load the game with cios249 (it uses IOS56 as a base), it should allow you to do the same stuff patching 56 would do.

Ratskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just select 249 as that uses ios56 I did and everything works fine I also did the same to rock band, just dance and guitar hero

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice 1, thanks Ratskull. I'll be testing this later. Do you have all the parephenalia (drums, hofner bass, mics, etc)? I'm hoping it'll all work as before.

Ratskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah got them all just don't forget to select 249 in USB loader and you will need a hub if using the drums and mic together

ikandie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, the link to the tutorial doesnt get me anywhere, do you have any idea where the thread went?

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, the link to the tutorial doesnt get me anywhere, do you have any idea where the thread went?
I think it got taken down, due to it having the actual DLC, which is copyright protected. If it was custom songs, it wouldn't be a problem, because customs are considered homebrew, not warez.

Reactions: Alexander1970

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think it got taken down, due to it having the actual DLC, which is copyright protected. If it was custom songs, it wouldn't be a problem, because customs are considered homebrew, not warez.
Incorrect. The entire game (wbfs) was linked in the tutorial, as well as full nand image for emunand purpose.

I actually contacted the tutorial creator about it but has kindly declined to rework through it to make it fully "legal" to post around GBAtemp. The thread has since been removed from public view.

If you know any alternative ways to get it working without directly linking to warez feel free to contact me.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incorrect. The entire game (wbfs) was linked in the tutorial, as well as full nand image for emunand purpose.

I actually contacted the tutorial creator about it but has kindly declined to rework through it to make it fully "legal" to post around GBAtemp. The thread has since been removed from public view.

If you know any alternative ways to get it working without directly linking to warez feel free to contact me.
I have my own guides which, although allows for the official DLC (which you can download unofficially), can also work with customs, and I tell people how to use their own NAND and Wii disc. I refuse to supply it myself, as I want to keep pirating to a minimum.

The links to the aforementioned guides was just posted in my RBC thread, linked in my signature.

Reactions: Alexander1970

jbakgerm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got The Beatles Rock Band + DLC + Abbey Road working and injected on the Wii U!

Follow my Tutorial:

I have my own guides which, although allows for the official DLC (which you can download unofficially), can also work with customs, and I tell people how to use their own NAND and Wii disc. I refuse to supply it myself, as I want to keep pirating to a minimum.

The links to the aforementioned guides was just posted in my RBC thread, linked in my signature.

Hello! I have been looking for this for years... I actually had the DLC, but removed it to make space on my wii, and now that I've brushed the dust off of it, and tried to get the DLC back, of course I couldn't. I have the game already, so I don't need any links to warez etc. I also might have a proper NAND titled "TheBeatlesRockBandDLCNAND" and a .wad titled "Beatles_-_Rock_Band__The__USA___DLC___BRB_" that I found before finding this...

I have been a long, long time user of this forum, for at least a decade, but I can't remember my username, and I lost access to my email accounts from back then :/ Either way, I made a new account and came back just for help on this, specifically for the Wii (not the Wii U).

Also, would it be possible to bitwise merge my existing NAND with the DLC one (given that I back mine up first) so that I can save games etc?

Please PM me, etc, I would appreciate any and all help you can give!

Thank you!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...