Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 165,224
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

Imorra

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Imorra To be honest I would like to know if the new brick blocker can prevent the extra channels on a "virgin" machine.

Yeah, I would've tried the new Brickblocker, but when I noticed there was a new one I was already burning the DVD.
tongue.gif
Would be great if the extra channels could be prevented (even though I don't care much for them).

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
You wont just get duplicate channels but you wont able to acess your wii setting! It will semi brick your wii

but with the dvd9 version you just have to quit by 15% and then reset...and then you shouldnt have an semibrick

yeah i mean if i let the full update of the dvd9 version its supposed to do nothing harmless to my wii, except the duplicate channel, not supposed to semi brick.. thats what i say i dont care about the duplicate channels i'll put them to the end of the last page, but is anybody able to confirm if i update with the ntsc-j version of ssbb dvd9 on my ntsc-u wii 3.1 and 1.9g wiikey firmware, will this affect future releases and future updates? like if i do the japanese update and later i get the north american release, will this have an us update that i wont be able to have thus not be able to play the na version? or if i do the japanese update will i be able to do a later on future english update, like i dont know a game that will be out on september 08 like..?

It shouldn't matter. As long as you don't semi-brick your Wii in any way, you should be fine because you can get rid of the dual channels by formatting your Wii's memory when the NTSC-U Brawl comes out. Just make sure you copy all the save files on to an SD card before you do that. Also, you will have to play Smash Bros. Brawl all over again since Brawl's save file can't be copied, but hey, it's better then getting a semi-bricked/bricked Wii.
tongue.gif

how do you format the wii?

iamisaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about when the REAL games comes out in the US/EUR?

I don't want to spend hours+ on a jap save if I am going to have to restart my true save once the correct version comes out.

Someone please tell me whether that will happen or not?!!

Nekobibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just my two cents:

My game is working 100%. I have a PAL wii, with 3.1E firmware and wiikey 1.9G. I burned the game with Img Burn on 2.4x speed on a Verbatim DVD+R DL (I left the Layer Break on the original setting, which is Calculate Optimal). My console was a 'virgin' console as you guys call it, I didn't run the single layer SMB on it. I did install the firmware update from the dual layer version however (I don't care about the duplicate channels).

I had to put my TV on 50hz for Brawl to work smoothly though (the screen would remain black if I put it on 60hz, although I could hear the game playing).

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but how does the 50hz mode run? Full screen or with ugly black bars on top and bottom of the screen? Thanx!
bow.gif

Imorra

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just my two cents:

My game is working 100%. I have a PAL wii, with 3.1E firmware and wiikey 1.9G. I burned the game with Img Burn on 2.4x speed on a Verbatim DVD+R DL (I left the Layer Break on the original setting, which is Calculate Optimal). My console was a 'virgin' console as you guys call it, I didn't run the single layer SMB on it. I did install the firmware update from the dual layer version however (I don't care about the duplicate channels).

I had to put my TV on 50hz for Brawl to work smoothly though (the screen would remain black if I put it on 60hz, although I could hear the game playing).

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but how does the 50hz mode run? Full screen or with ugly black bars on top and bottom of the screen? Thanx!
bow.gif

It's fine for me while playing Brawl. The Wii starting menu seems to be a bit slower though and there are very small green lines on the bottom and top. None of this is noticeable while playing though.
grog.gif

Edit; I have a regular old TV, no fancy HD or anything like that.

Eden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about when the REAL games comes out in the US/EUR?

I don't want to spend hours+ on a jap save if I am going to have to restart my true save once the correct version comes out.Â

Someone please tell me whether that will happen or not?!!

I'll get back to you in 34 days.

3.1U + Wiikey 1.9g + Fujifilm DVD+RDL = working

Burned at 2.4x

TheSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who have made it working WITHOUT the 15% update :

- Have you used BrickBlocker or the other tool ?
- have you used RegionFree as well (same question for non-working cases)

chuckdeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's what I did :

1.downlaoded the DVD9 version
2.burn the iso on a DVD+R DL Memorex at 2.4x with Imgburn
3.then I downloaded 1.32R brickbloker
4.I brickblocked my iso and then burn it using another DVD+R DL Memorex
5.Then I put my DVD9 normal in the wii...did the update until 15 % and then turned it off
6.Turn it back on and then put my brickblocked DVD9 and everything works perfectly

No duplicate channels. No need to swap. Regionfrii your isos if multiregion isn't automatic on your modchip

jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You wont just get duplicate channels but you wont able to acess your wii setting! It will semi brick your wii

but with the dvd9 version you just have to quit by 15% and then reset...and then you shouldnt have an semibrick

yeah i mean if i let the full update of the dvd9 version its supposed to do nothing harmless to my wii, except the duplicate channel, not supposed to semi brick.. thats what i say i dont care about the duplicate channels i'll put them to the end of the last page, but is anybody able to confirm if i update with the ntsc-j version of ssbb dvd9 on my ntsc-u wii 3.1 and 1.9g wiikey firmware, will this affect future releases and future updates? like if i do the japanese update and later i get the north american release, will this have an us update that i wont be able to have thus not be able to play the na version? or if i do the japanese update will i be able to do a later on future english update, like i dont know a game that will be out on september 08 like..?

It shouldn't matter. As long as you don't semi-brick your Wii in any way, you should be fine because you can get rid of the dual channels by formatting your Wii's memory when the NTSC-U Brawl comes out. Just make sure you copy all the save files on to an SD card before you do that. Also, you will have to play Smash Bros. Brawl all over again since Brawl's save file can't be copied, but hey, it's better then getting a semi-bricked/bricked Wii.
tongue.gif
Also keep in mind formatting your system memory erases any virtual console purchases. Also, I saw a video on YouTube with someone proving that formatting the system memory doesn't actually reset the firmware version either.

I think I am misunderstanding what Brickblocker does. What's the point of it if you still need to do a partial update? Can't you just brickblock the DVD9 release and start playing? Can someone with an untainted console firmware please try this?

djkotiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested out the new WiiBrickBlocker and it did remove the update partition from the iso. However, when I load the game, the "Now Loading" text would appear and right after, before the intro even started, I would get a Wii error in green text, with Japanese message that I couldn't read. From there, I couldn't do anything but turn the Wii off.

I'm using an NTSC-U Wii with Wiikey.

I burnt the image on a Memorex DVD+R DL

I've done the 15% with the SL version of the game and that works fine.

I've attempted the swap trick (during the main menu), and that did work. However once I get into 1 player mode and beat the first character (Mario vs Kirby), it would freeze and say the same error. Also, the videos being played would lag and not play at it's full speed.

Any suggestions?

jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody knows why have I an Error 001 un authorized device deteced?

Pal Wii + Wiikey 1.9g.

SMG works great and SSBB DVD5 backup works great too
No idea, that was an error that is supposed to be corrected with Wiikey 1.9g and if SMG works it doesn't really make sense, especially if your DVD5 version works. All I can suggest is trying to re-install the Wiikey update or reburn the DVD9.

pris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Tested out the new WiiBrickBlocker and it did remove the update partition from the iso. However, when I load the game, the "Now Loading" text would appear and right after, before the intro even started, I would get a Wii error in green text, with Japanese message that I couldn't read. From there, I couldn't do anything but turn the Wii off.

I'm using an NTSC-U Wii with Wiikey.

I burnt the image on a Memorex DVD+R DL

I've done the 15% with the SL version of the game and that works fine.

I've attempted the swap trick (during the main menu), and that did work. However once I get into 1 player mode and beat the first character (Mario vs Kirby), it would freeze and say the same error. Also, the videos being played would lag and not play at it's full speed.

Any suggestions?
http://kotaku.com/349900/super-smash-bros-...l-bug-confirmed - This?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰