Country

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, the Wiikey team could avoid a lot of headaches and angry emails if they would just update their news page. A simple "Regarding the SMG issue: We know. Go away." would satisfy many of us right now.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey has never promised an update tomorrow. This guy is full of shit. I've been talking to them all night. It will likely be longer than that, unfortunately.
When did I say that the Wiikey team is releasing an update tomorrow? Perhaps I was too vague in my post.

I just saids "Wiikey update tomorrow" meaning that I hope its tomorrow considering Cyclo got it done in around 5 hours..

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiikey has never promised an update tomorrow. This guy is full of shit. I've been talking to them all night. It will likely be longer than that, unfortunately.

When did I say that the Wiikey team is releasing an update tomorrow? Perhaps I was too vague in my post.

I just saids "Wiikey update tomorrow" meaning that I hope its tomorrow considering Cyclo got it done in around 5 hours..

Too vague? right on mate.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh, but really, there isn't any reason a Wiikey update couldn't be done by tomorrow... I'm getting a CycloWiz anyway. Going back to my modder after I order one and going to tell him to strip that Wiikey and put a CycloWiz. Their awesome support alone is worth the extra 30$

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, but really, there isn't any reason a Wiikey update couldn't be done by tomorrow... I'm getting a CycloWiz anyway. Going back to my modder after I order one and going to tell him to strip that Wiikey and put a CycloWiz. Their awesome support alone is worth the extra 30$

Seems a bit pointless.

If I was you, I'd wait till they have a chip with extra features, such as 100% region free compatibility (which from what I heard is impossible) before I actually take out my Wiikey. Otherwise I'd have to keep changing chips till they come out with an 'ultimate chip' for the Wii.

Think about it, there's always gonna be better chips out there. Each new chip usually enters the market on 2 basis. One would be lower price and the second would the better features. So it's your call really, but I'm just saying.

RW

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but just because of the fact they dealed with an issue less then a day that it occured is a A+++ in my book. Assures me that if its technically possible to deal with the issue, it will be dealt with fast.

Wiikey on the other hand, took 6 months just for a DVD-9 and Audio Fix update..

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wiikey HAS to be updated tomorrow... its money what we're talking about..

70% of the modded wiis worlwide have a wiikey inside.

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look, they have their reasons. I know I'm still skeptical myself but is it really worth switching now.

Considering how many wiikey clones there are out there, wouldn't you be worried that all the money you've invested into building a new firmware would be wasted on those ppl who basically 'stole' the chip's design?

Guess I'm just looking @ it from a different POV.

Scarboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

80% of people on the internet are idiots.

If the wiikey team releases an update tomorrow I certainly know what I'm flashing to my Atmega8l tomorrow. The OpenWii guy disappeared for months and then posted on his on forum with a penis pill affiliate site so I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. It kinda sucks that I'm going to have to add an extra solder point and change the wires on my chip if I do this though
frown.gif

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

To each their own. I have so many freaking games to play right now that it's no issue for me. Granted I would love to play some SMG right now, but I can wait the 1-2 days till an update comes out.

jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiikey.cn updated

[07.10.29] Issues Super Mario Galaxy

Within the last 24 hours, we have received a huge number of emails from Wiikey users asking about the issues with the new Super Mario Galaxy game that are affecting all serial modchips. We would like to assure everyone that we are currently investigating the issues and will post a new announcement as soon as we have something to report.

Thank you for your patience and your continued support! Although we cannot reply to every email individually, please be assured that all of your comments are being read and taken seriously.

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

80% of people on the internet are idiots.

If the wiikey team releases an update tomorrow I certainly know what I'm flashing to my Atmega8l tomorrow. The OpenWii guy disappeared for months and then posted on his on forum with a penis pill affiliate site so I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. It kinda sucks that I'm going to have to add an extra solder point and change the wires on my chip if I do this though
frown.gif

Did you know that 85% of all statistics are made up?

II Murasaki II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
07.10.29] Issues Super Mario Galaxy

Within the last 24 hours, we have received a huge number of emails from Wiikey users asking about the issues with the new Super Mario Galaxy game that are affecting all serial modchips. We would like to assure everyone that we are currently investigating the issues and will post a new announcement as soon as we have something to report.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and for your continued support. Although we cannot reply to every email individually, please be assured that all of your comments are being read and taken seriously.

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
07.10.29] Issues Super Mario Galaxy

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and for your continued support. Although we cannot reply to every email individually, please be assured that all of your comments are being read and taken seriously.

Isn't that nice? There aware of our issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...