shy.gif

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess if you already have 3.1E firmware the update wont do nothing

Actually it will, game updates like this that don't seem to change the version number of the wii's firmware actually perform small updates.
Games such as boogie included support for microphones and metroid prime 3 also had a small update for something I don't know.

But this is most like to be the reason these games crash with wiibrickblocker. The update starts and adds some file updates to the wii's firmware and then resets. When the game tries to run now it can read the new files in the firmware and continue.
If you skip the firmware update it will try and look for the changed firmware, not find what it's looking for and simply crash. The reason it normally hardlocks is probably because the programmers have not coded in any sort of error message for not having the correct formware as you shouldn't be able to play without updating the firmware in the first place. So it just gets confused and hardlocks.

I just meant the update shouldn't brick the wii
wink.gif

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
Some people shall just try to, hm, buy the game ? Let's say just to know how it feels like, as complaining about never be able to play SMG JUST because there's a supposed copy protection :/...
And this one deserves it, can't wait for the PAL release.

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Let us together cease the fighting and instead pray united for the kind hackers out there who'll work on solving this copy protection issue.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some people shall just try to, hm, buy the game ? Let's say just to know how it feels like, as complaining about never be able to play SMG JUST because there's a supposed copy protection :/...
And this one deserves it, can't wait for the PAL release.
I will surely buy it. I'm just trying to play it a month before it's out
wink.gif

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it's what I speculated a while back as a method for defeating modchips, false positives. The disc may fire off an authentication for the disc that's supposed to fail but with modchips it comes back as OK. I'm very interested to see what develops from this.

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's wait for the japanese report to check if it was the same protection. let's also wait for another Nintendo game (battalion wars) to check if it has the same protection.

I hope that they're is a way to correct the iso image and then burn it.

orangejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I have just un-rar this ware and use Brick Blocker....
I have a Pal Wii with Wii-key installed....
When I put in SMG it comes up with SUper Mario Galaxy picture and you here Mario says "Super Mario Galxy".......
You press "A" to continue and the screen goes black and the drive locks up....
So if you are a hacker all you check for is where the drive locks up and you by-pass that for it to continue to boot up.....And I think this will definately work on PAL since I got boot screen to come on.....

Most importantly, does the logo at the Wii's main menu contain the stars under U R MR GAY?

LOTG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder if it's what I speculated a while back as a method for defeating modchips, false positives. The disc may fire off an authentication for the disc that's supposed to fail but with modchips it comes back as OK. I'm very interested to see what develops from this.

That seems like a very smart idea.

Just insert the disc id's that have the false positives in the firmware (the reguarly update anyway so in eacht .x version you can add a minor "fix" and add new id's. This will keep modchip builders bussy if you would do this at random, and there is virtually no way of knowing witch disc has it until it fails! Keeps m from automizing the process.

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder if it's what I speculated a while back as a method for defeating modchips, false positives.  The disc may fire off an authentication for the disc that's supposed to fail but with modchips it comes back as OK.  I'm very interested to see what develops from this.

That seems like a very smart idea.

Just insert the disc id's that have the false positives in the firmware (the reguarly update anyway so in eacht .x version you can add a minor "fix" and add new id's. This will keep modchip builders bussy if you would do this at random, and there is virtually no way of knowing witch disc has it until it fails! Keeps m from automizing the process.

so would that mean that you could play a burnt copy of the game with an unmoded wii ? would be fun
laugh.gif

tbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if it's what I speculated a while back as a method for defeating modchips, false positives. The disc may fire off an authentication for the disc that's supposed to fail but with modchips it comes back as OK. I'm very interested to see what develops from this.
very interesting theory, but i don't see how it could work. i mean what kind of authentication request would the console ignore but the chip pick up?

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The console wouldn't ignore it, it would just return unauthenticated. And no it wouldn't be playable on unmodded Wiis because the disc has to be authenticated first by the Wii's internal firmware. Maybe the game itself calls the authentication procedure. I'm not too certain how authentication exactly works on the Wii.

Does anyone here have a CycloWiz? I have a possible idea. Try loading the game into the Wii so that it appears, but once the screen fades away from the Wii menu after hitting Start, flip the switch off. I'm interested to see what happens.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

very interesting theory, but i don't see how it could work. i mean what kind of authentication request would the console ignore but the chip pick up?
perhaps something like region code authentication.
wink.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's either a new support check, and they have started using new supports that aren't compatible with standard DVDs, or they have put in code to detect modchips by seeing if RAM is modified in real-time by a modchip on the support check.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game has just started Nintendo, it just started...

Man, hopefully this can be cracked quickly.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I think it's either a new support check, and they have started using new supports that aren't compatible with standard DVDs, or they have put in code to detect modchips by seeing if RAM is modified in real-time by a modchip on the support check.
once again, can't be a modchip detection since the original copies seem to run fine on modded wii systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage