Hacking Widescreen Correction in usbloader?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im not sure how emu nands work (the way GX is doing it), but shouldnt it be possible to use different emu nands for different game?
That way you could set the aspect ratio to 4:3 in one nand, and 16:9 in the other. Then just launch the game using the emu nand with the correct aspect ratio set.
Just letting you know that we added the Per Game NandEmu Path in USBloaderGX r1134 :)
That way you can have different Aspect Ratio settings per games, or use different DLC for Rock Band 2 & 3 (I've read the content could conflict).

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know what kind of TV you have, but if I set my TV to 4:3, or any resolution smaller than its native (no upscaling), it turns OFF the unused pixels.
You cant get a burn in when something is turned off, its when a TV have to display the exact same thing for longer periods of time.
Also, black is the color thats least likely to cause a burn in.

On CRT black won't cause burn in because the pixels are off.

But LCD TV's have to turn the pixel on fully for it to be black, because the light starts out white and is turned black by turning on by applying power to the pixel (which is why you can get backlight bleed when the screen is all black).

For LCD TV's the safest colour is pure white.

If you google you can find loads of advice about the issue, for example.

http://www.techtipspro.com/2009/08/screen-burn-in-lcd-tv.html

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Just letting you know that we added the Per Game NandEmu Path in USBloaderGX r1134 :)
That way you can have different Aspect Ratio settings per games, or use different DLC for Rock Band 2 & 3 (I've read the content could conflict).

hah, thats awesome... I should actually give GX a shot sometime, it seems to be better than Ive told myself it is lol.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We try to fix bugs and improve it, but Dimok is alone to code everything.
There are still a major "problem" (only wiimote pointing is working fine, you can't use other controllers).
Other than that, games should work fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After the new "Per game Nand emu Path" requested by Lucif3r, here's rich333's request: USBloaderGX r1136 can now select the Aspect Ratio on game launch :)

Thanks to Giantpune and Dimok, they reversed the ASM code of launched games and found a way to force and patch the Aspect Ratio in memory (no need to change the Aspect Ratio Setting in the wii menu anymore!)

Select Global or per game Aspect Ratio setting:
- Like the current system menu setting
- Force 4:3
- Force 16:9

It's working fine for Wii games. (I tested it with Mario Party 8 )
It may require more testings for Channels/WiiWare/VC due to the current way of launching channels.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After the new "Per game Nand emu Path" requested by Lucif3r, here's rich333's request: USBloaderGX r1136 can now select the Aspect Ratio on game launch :)

Thanks to Giantpune and Dimok, they reversed the ASM code of launched games and found a way to force and patch the Aspect Ratio in memory (no need to change the Aspect Ratio Setting in the wii menu anymore!)

It may require more testings for Channels/WiiWare/VC due to the current way of launching channels.

Coooooooooooooooooolllllllll!

PS: could tyhey also look into the force video settings?

For instance MotoGP NTSC can't be forced into 480p from usb loader gx. it always reverts back to 480i.
In cfg loader and sneek on the other hand patches the video as it should.

A long time ago I allready mentioned this on the isseu page, but nothing was done...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Psh, AspectSwitch is still waaaaaaaaaaay superior. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.