reasons to NOT buy it??

1. ghetto rigged (paper trick)
2. DSTWO
3. CycloDS iEvloution
4. final price on the acekard after registered mail, and flashing= $21.49 USD

Reason to buy??
AKAIO, this is all the reason you need, and it out weighs all the negatives

Thanks all for the input.

What exactly is this "paper trick" , when/why would it need to be used?. The bricking aspect is now concerning me too.

one of the big issues with acekards is it has contact issues, when I first got my acekard, every little bump or movement would freeze the game because it lose contact with the DS..my kid would run to me every 3 min to complain that it don't work..so you have to stick a paper in with the acekard to fix this issue, it looked funny with a piece of paper sticking out, and people would alway ask why there's a paper there, when I'm out in public..

see step 12 of this guide
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
RoMee said:
so you have to stick a paper in with the acekard to fix this issue, it looked funny with a piece of paper sticking out, and people would alway ask why there's a paper there, when I'm out in public..

see step 12 of this guide
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

You should buy your kid a knife to cut the paper off. It's not that difficult, you know.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you can afford a SCDS2 get one, it offers more than Acekard and requires no patches, in game menu, apps, gba, snes, video playback and many more features including a beautiful OS.. if you cant theres nothing wrong with Acekard and akAIO

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Rockstar said:
If you can afford a SCDS2 get one, it offers more than Acekard and requires no patches,

What? 6-7 patches in the past days for DSTwo. lol.

DSTwo consumes too much power for that little it has to offer.

AK2i is the best choice right now.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the only downside with a acekard is everytime you get a firmware upgrade you have to find a ds lite to update the flashcard, very impractical if you don't have on in the first place then you would have a useless piece of plastic.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
Rockstar said:
If you can afford a SCDS2 get one, it offers more than Acekard and requires no patches,

The patches aren't required to play games just so that the menu can be used in game.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jalaneme said:
the only downside with a acekard is everytime you get a firmware upgrade you have to find a ds lite to update the flashcard, very impractical if you don't have on in the first place then you would have a useless piece of plastic.

Or you wait for the bootstrap to be updated, than you update the AK2i than you update the DSi.

I've had my AK2 for about eighteen months now and I ahevn't had a single problem with it. However I'm not impressed with the build quality, my R4 just feels much better but its fine as long you're not an idiot.
There's no real reason to put you off buying an AK2, unless you want the extra features the SCDS2 has.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
Rockstar said:

the patches was for one game mario vs donkey kong and was only for some people who couldn't get it to work
it's like saying the acekard can't play golden sun because a some people couldn't get it to work..

acekard will always be second or third best, nothing more, the dstwo is far superior
this is clear to everyone except acekard fanboys, and you are the king of them

you always troll this forum trash talking other carts while worshiping acekards. it's getting old

this is one of the dumbest statement I've ever heard, and it can only come from someone as ignorant as you
the dstwo has the most features of any carts, name a flash cart with more features

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Feature wise: DSTWO wins.
Price wise: Acekard wins.

For me, I only play DS games, I don't bother with moonshell or any homebrew, and the SNES games I want to play, work with Snesds or whatever. So the Acekard was the best choice for me. And not to mention where I live, it doesn't take weeks upon weeks to get my stuff from shoptemp.

And with the whole AKAIO 1.8.1 ap bypass thing coming out, people aren't left behind when it comes to newer games working or not. It's not as good as the DSTWO's, but it gets the job done. I've also had zero problems with contact issues sticking the Acekard in my DSi XL. I've been contemplating on putting a paper in there just for the hell of it to be 100% sure, but so far, I've had no need to.

But if you want a card with the most features, then by all means, the DSTWO wins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips