Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So my SD card decided it'd funny to corrupt my TWEWY save. It's gone, all that stuff I worked for, wiped cleanly out. Anyway, I guess it's alright. Just have to start all over again...

Anyone ever had this problem before??? Any ideas why and how to prevent it??? Coz all my other games' saves are intact, just the one game got wiped (and of course, it's the important save file that got wiped).

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Backup saves every week will surely prevent it
biggrin.gif
I do it myself..
smile.gif
my KHDays is always backuped I've spent near 100hrs on it..
smile.gif

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I usually back up my .savs(especially the really hard to finish games) and roms in case the SD card gets fragmented and can't be fixed by reformatting

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
cotyboy said:
I usually back up my .savs(especially the really hard to finish games) and roms in case the SD card gets fragmented and can't be fixed by reformatting

words of wisdom right there

3 days ago I decided to update my mei zero's firmware but ofcourse SOMETHING went wrong and corrupted the whole card lol
ALL 8GB OF IT

luckily I knew there was a 90% chance of everything going straight to hell so I had backed up my saves just 20 minutes ago
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

took me about 30 min formatting/copying games back to it but at least there was no REAL harm done.

so yeah...back saves up.

these sd cards are flimsy little things
angry.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, backing up is the only thing.

I don't think programs like Recova (Recuva?) work, but you may want to try it if your MicroSD still works. You MAY get your save back.
ohmy.gif

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you think thats crap, when I had my original Firered game for GBA, I played it everyday.
added up to a total of, somewhere close to 900 hours(I still remember... my most precious save
frown.gif
)

crashed while saving in a pokecenter. all. my. data. gone!
had only a few pokes to catch left...

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks! I lost a few hours of gameplay on a game recently. Been backing up everything at the end of the day just in case
laugh.gif

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Weird, my World Ends With You save decided to get corrupted also.... really recently. I even had some backups or my whole sd card from a while ago, and some recent ones too. No matter what I tried, every time I started it with any sav, it would give me the message the data is corrupted, and delete the save and make a fresh new one. Eventually I gave up and just decided to start anew. Strangely, that sav is working fine...oh well. I guess it's better than the game not working at all.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't worry so much man, trust me, it's fun to play this game all over again from scratch. You will have a much wider knowledge about the pins drops, what to hunt, how you will want to build the chars with the foods, how to spend the scarletites and such. You can make it even more fun than the first play.

I always play RPG i like 2 times because of that.
Replaying Kingdom Hearts Recoded and having lots of fun because i know what to hunt, where, the secret areas, what i want to do with the status matrix, how to mix the best commands earlier in the game, and such... you can always do stuff that you couldnt at the first time.

Nomura is a master on doing that to his games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.