Why o why???

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Shinigami357, Oct 21, 2010.

Oct 21, 2010

Why o why??? by Shinigami357 at 4:16 PM (1,246 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Shinigami357
    OP

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    So my SD card decided it'd funny to corrupt my TWEWY save. It's gone, all that stuff I worked for, wiped cleanly out. Anyway, I guess it's alright. Just have to start all over again...

Anyone ever had this problem before??? Any ideas why and how to prevent it??? Coz all my other games' saves are intact, just the one game got wiped (and of course, it's the important save file that got wiped).

2. TheDestroyer

Member TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Masterâ„¢

United States
    Backup saves every week will surely prevent it [​IMG] I do it myself.. [​IMG] my KHDays is always backuped I've spent near 100hrs on it.. [​IMG]

3. n8equalsd

Member n8equalsd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I usually back up my .savs on my PC.

4. cotyboy

Newcomer cotyboy Advanced Member

Philippines
    I usually back up my .savs(especially the really hard to finish games) and roms in case the SD card gets fragmented and can't be fixed by reformatting

5. pichon64

Member pichon64 GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    Ok, I'm oficially nervous now. I'm backing up all the microSD.

6. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece

words of wisdom right there

3 days ago I decided to update my mei zero's firmware but ofcourse SOMETHING went wrong and corrupted the whole card lol
    ALL 8GB OF IT

luckily I knew there was a 90% chance of everything going straight to hell so I had backed up my saves just 20 minutes ago [​IMG] [​IMG]

took me about 30 min formatting/copying games back to it but at least there was no REAL harm done.

so yeah...back saves up.

these sd cards are flimsy little things [​IMG]

7. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Yeah, backing up is the only thing.

I don't think programs like Recova (Recuva?) work, but you may want to try it if your MicroSD still works. You MAY get your save back. [​IMG]

8. ShinyLatios

Member ShinyLatios Local "That Guy"

Netherlands
    if you think thats crap, when I had my original Firered game for GBA, I played it everyday.
    added up to a total of, somewhere close to 900 hours(I still remember... my most precious save [​IMG] )

crashed while saving in a pokecenter. all. my. data. gone!
    had only a few pokes to catch left...

9. Hatchetball

Member Hatchetball GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That sucks! I lost a few hours of gameplay on a game recently. Been backing up everything at the end of the day just in case [​IMG]

10. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    Weird, my World Ends With You save decided to get corrupted also.... really recently. I even had some backups or my whole sd card from a while ago, and some recent ones too. No matter what I tried, every time I started it with any sav, it would give me the message the data is corrupted, and delete the save and make a fresh new one. Eventually I gave up and just decided to start anew. Strangely, that sav is working fine...oh well. I guess it's better than the game not working at all.

11. Nintendude92

Member Nintendude92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Keep it backed up. Then back that up.

12. nicklessguy

Member nicklessguy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Don't worry so much man, trust me, it's fun to play this game all over again from scratch. You will have a much wider knowledge about the pins drops, what to hunt, how you will want to build the chars with the foods, how to spend the scarletites and such. You can make it even more fun than the first play.

I always play RPG i like 2 times because of that.
    Replaying Kingdom Hearts Recoded and having lots of fun because i know what to hunt, where, the secret areas, what i want to do with the status matrix, how to mix the best commands earlier in the game, and such... you can always do stuff that you couldnt at the first time.

Nomura is a master on doing that to his games.

13. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Ok I've already recovered from a SD Disaster and now I read this.....Going to double back up my card now...lol

14. Bluelaserman

Member Bluelaserman I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!

Australia
    Just back up .sav files everytime you put a new game on your MicroSD card. Only takes a few seconds since the files are small [​IMG]