Hacking Homebrew Homebrew app Games Randonmy Crash in Nintendont

AetheralMeowstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since updating to the latest version of Nintendont, games have been crashing randomly on me. This is triggering the reset deterrence code in Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II and wiping my invrntory clean of everything I don't have equipped, as well as wiping out any Meseta I was carrying. Things I've lost to this include trimates, a Pistol +3, and a ??? Cane I got in online play.

Please help. Included is a photo of my Nintendont settings.
Post automatically merged:

i just realized I misspelled Randomly in the title

Attachments

• 20231104_010855.jpg
    20231104_010855.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, and I won't uninstall it
ever since nintendont got bba support riiconnect24 messes with nintendont games and makes them crash or have issues, for instance if you have riiconnect24 you wont even be able to play the 2nd level of 007 agent under file becuase instead of loading the second lvl it loads the first cut-scene again and crashes and so on.

ever since fix94 added bba he moved some nintendont code around that riiconnect24 keeps messing because they are drawing from the same area and messes nintendont games up from the back, some games are more affected than others, so you have 2 choices get ride of riiconnect24 or have an unstable nintendont gaming session every time its your call.

AetheralMeowstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that I need RiiConnect24, BBA emulation, and a stable Nintendont experience all at once.

I'm in no position to give up any of them

I have to be able to go online with PSO Episode I & II while having it be perfectly stable and still have functional News and Forecast Channels

Last edited by AetheralMeowstic,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The problem is that I need RiiConnect24, BBA emulation, and a stable Nintendont experience all at once.

I'm in no position to give up any of them

I have to be able to go online with PSO Episode I & II while having it be perfectly stable and still have functional News and Forecast Channels
You don't need riiconnect24 lol, you want it but you don't need it... Those are different things...

Fix94 has been gone for years so no one is left to fix major nintendont problems, so unless you find a coder that is extremely skilled and wants to mess with nintendont, don't expect anything to be fixed.

Reactions: Blythe93

AetheralMeowstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting sick and tired of it being a struggle and a half to run Gamecube games in Nintendont. The original Animal Crossing has been taking upwards of six hard reboots to start without crashing at either the Nintendo logo or the title screen. And it's a straight-up, uncompressed, full-sized ISO with a hash that matches that in the NoIntro database. It's a perfect dump and it takes upwards of six hard restarts for it not to crash at either the Nintendo logo or the title screen.

Syscheck results are fine
External hard drive is fine
SD card is fine
My softmod is fine
My Wii's hardware is fine
My Wii Remote is OEM
My Nunchuck is OEM
My Wii Motion Plus is OEM
My Classic Controller Pro is OEM
My Sensor Bar is OEM
All of the cables are OEM

Literally all possible troubleshooting steps lead nowhere. The only thing that flat-out refuses to cooperate is Nintendont.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's the curse of Wii emulation and homebrewing, it only works when it feels like it, DSI stackdumps need to die.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just out of curiosity, are you sure you do you plug the usb device in slot 0?

Having games randomly crash is something I suffered constantly for a couple days and was because I had it in slot 1 years ago.

I haven't seen a single DSI dump since 2017 on Nintendont myself, unless I was messing around with the files of a game on purpose.

AetheralMeowstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, are you sure you do you plug the usb device in slot 0?

Having games randomly crash is something I suffered constantly for a couple days and was because I had it in slot 1 years ago.

I haven't seen a single DSI dump since 2017 on Nintendont myself, unless I was messing around with the files of a game on purpose.
Yes, it's plugged into Port 0

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, it's plugged into Port 0
just seems to me your hdd or sd card are too fragmented, when drives are too fragmented nintendont doesnt run too well, try to just to experiment, get an sd card, format it and put a game in there like animal crossing and start it from there.

also try disabling wifi to see if its not your riiconnect24 causing further issues.

AetheralMeowstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just seems to me your hdd or sd card are too fragmented, when drives are too fragmented nintendont doesnt run too well, try to just to experiment, get an sd card, format it and put a game in there like animal crossing and start it from there.

also try disabling wifi to see if its not your riiconnect24 causing further issues.
Thing is, I'm using it to play PSO, too

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd rather have Nintendont be stable with Riiconnect24 and WiiLink active, so I guess I'm either gonna have to downgrade or wait for it to be fixed.
there is no more devs working on nintendont that could fix such issue so i dont think nintendont will ever get a fix like that that requires alot of knowledge, main devs left years ago.

AetheralMeowstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no more devs working on nintendont that could fix such issue so i dont think nintendont will ever get a fix like that that requires alot of knowledge, main devs left years ago.
Welp, games randomly crash even with RiiConnect24 TURNED OFF

Nintendont is officially USELESS until this issue is fixed.

And no, I can't go without proper BBA emulation, since that's REQUIRED to play PSO in Online Mode

Last edited by AetheralMeowstic,

AetheralMeowstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont is now broken and worthless? what the hell happened during the latest version?
The BBA emulation update caused Nintendont to start fighting with the rest of the Wii for resources

The problem is that I like to play PSO in Online Mode, which requires BBA emulation.

So I can't simply give up BBA emulation for stability, I need BOTH

It seems we need FIX94 to come back, if at all possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol