BlackForest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Background

I purchased a damaged OLED Switch model from my local pawn shop. The motherboard was damaged and beyond my current ability to repair. When looking at replacements online, I found a modded, but banned, oled motherboard was going for the same price as unbanned motherboards on ebay. So I pulled the trigger on this!

aliexpress

But man am I struggling to get this working! I'm not convinced if this is any issue with the modchip itself as it always boots, and hekate is fully stable. Sidenote: I have a first-generation switch that I've used to confirm that the nsp files work. I've never had these problems with that switch

Symptoms:

• When launching into atmosphere, it will sometimes get a black screen crash after the switch logo.
• Tinfoil does not run. The installer produces an error or crashes. I can't remember it exactly but I can look it up if relevant! The NSP file installs using goldleaf, but then my switch ALWAYS crashes at some point while tinfoil is loading things in. The screen freezes on whatever is there, have to long press the power button.
• tinwoo runs, but then it always freezes during the installation of nsp files.
• Goldleaf runs rock solid!
• Running the NSP that I installed (confirmed nsp on gen1 switch). It makes it to the switch logo screen, then freezes on a black screen. I've found that the volume sometimes is functional, though it is otherwise frozen and I have to long press the start button to work again.
• Out of probably 50 tries, the NSP ran once while I was fiddling with the volume. It showed a message about the user not being connected online, but my god the game ran! My hope was quickly;y dashed as I was never able to replicate this.
• I have tried on NSP games. Some are more stable, but those too will occasionally crash on boot.
• Switch cartridge games run just fine. They don't freeze at all, only the homebrew related stuff is super unstable as far as I can tell thus far.

What have I tried?

Process I use to wipe / reset SD card
I've wiped the SD card. Formatted in hekat, always, choosing full partition
- created emuMMC using the SD Partition.
- Also tired once using the SD File option
- Tried using a different SD card to rule that out

Atmosphere
- Tried using the drag/drop Deep Sea advanced version. Tried using the automatic updater to update EVERYTHING I could.
- Tried using HATS package
- Tried vanilla installing Hekate, then Atmosphere, then found Sigpatches and pasted them over

Settings
- I've tried disabling all sysmodules
- Linking the user account using linkalho
- I've tried launching the switch into debug mode to clear out 🤷‍♂️
- I've ran the lockpick payload and read the keys, including the mariko partial keys.

I'm hoping that there's some easy thing that has to be done and is unique to mariko switches? lol I'm 3 days into this now.

I guess the one thing I've not tried is running "initialize" on my sysnand. I think the debug menu had this option (start with both vol+/- held down),

Sorry if this is rambling on. I'm super thankful for anyone taking the time to read this as well as any insight you may have!
Post automatically merged:

Here's the mobo I purchased

aliexpress - item/1005004631258272.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.11.2d591802iizLrS

BlackForest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    992.6 KB · Views: 40

BlackForest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does looks like an Instinct NX V6, but first thing first does it boot up into Hekate and Atmosphere fine?

it's boots into Hekate 100% of the time. No crashes ever.

It boots into Atmosphere ~70% of the time without crashes after the switch logo.

BlackForest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those SD card of your , did you ever h2testw them?
I've now run a h2testw on both SD cards. They both passed the test.

I confirmed that the launch crashes happen on vanilla Atmosphere without any sigpatches.

Furthermore. I launched the switch into debug mode and tried to run "initialize console" on the system emuMMC *no SD card in the system. It froze the screen at 0% shortly after starting, no error message.

I tried again, this time by booting into the system emuMMC and navigating to the option through system settings *again no SD card. Same thing although this time I did get an error message error code 2168-0002

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 50

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've now run a h2testw on both SD cards. They both passed the test.

I confirmed that the launch crashes happen on vanilla Atmosphere without any sigpatches.

Furthermore. I launched the switch into debug mode and tried to run "initialize console" on the system emuMMC *no SD card in the system. It froze the screen at 0% shortly after starting, no error message.

I tried again, this time by booting into the system emuMMC and navigating to the option through system settings *again no SD card. Same thing although this time I did get an error message error code 2168-0002

The 2168-0002 point to the wifi chip on the motherboard.

BlackForest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 2168-0002 point to the wifi chip on the motherboard.

That would be unfortunate :/

That said, I am able to connect to my wifi network. I've also been able to download and install things from the homebrew app store just fine.

Is it possible that this could be caused due to my console being banned and it trying to contact the Nintendo servers?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be unfortunate :/

That said, I am able to connect to my wifi network. I've also been able to download and install things from the homebrew app store just fine.

Is it possible that this could be caused due to my console being banned and it trying to contact the Nintendo servers?

The chip might be faulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto