Switch oled screen defective

mindkiller89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! When I start my oled I get the attached photo of my screen and I need your help to know the cause. Background of what happened. I ordered modded motherboard from aliexpress and I installed it and when I started my switch I got the attached photo. I don't remember putting pressure on the screen that might damage the screen but I might switch some screws location's not sure if that's enough to damage the screen. What you think guys?? I forgot to mention that I get green light on the modded chip when I started the switch.

Attachments

• 20240412_010345.jpg
    20240412_010345.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you have a hwfly/picofly modchip then a permanent green light means that it is working successfully.
It's probably trying to show the 'no sd card' message.
Picofly uses that kind of blue color in it's logo.
If it's a picofly, just ask the experts here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/

I could only find a similar image in a post of a user that dropped his oled.
Not to give you any hope but in the best case it could be a displaced ribbon cable.
But in the worst case it could be your screen.

mindkiller89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a hwfly/picofly modchip then a permanent green light means that it is working successfully.
It's probably trying to show the 'no sd card' message.
Picofly uses that kind of blue color in it's logo.
If it's a picofly, just ask
I could only find a similar image in a post of a user that dropped his oled.
Not to give you any hope but in the best case it could be a displaced ribbon cable.
But in the worst case it could be your screen.
Thank you mate! Now I have black screen with sound when I touch the screen or use joycons somehow. It Doesn't make sense and yes it displays fine when docked. I reseated the lcd ribbon cable multiple times with no luck. Could it be the lcd screen damaged? If so how come it is still responsive to touch? Are they two separate functions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle