Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The problem with that is a lot of times all the members shit on you for making a new post when an old one exists. It's a tricky subject.
It's a matter of common sense, really.
Old thread with relevent informations: I can see it being fine. New thread when old thread is not used anymore, for many years, making a new one will be fine too.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a matter of common sense, really.
Old thread with relevent informations: I can see it being fine. New thread when old thread is not used anymore, for many years, making a new one will be fine too.
People still get shit on. My point wasn't that it probably didn't need a response. More that what happens on here a lot of times. If you ask a question that was answered 6 mos ago. You get shit on. If you respond to something (even with an actual answer)late you get shit on. Yet I see a lot of contributers front paging their post instead of one's that were posted ahead of it, leaving 3 threads on things at times....no warnings probably, never much shit on people when a lot are there for a while. Why I said it the way I did. Tricky subject.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This is from the rules. Last time I checked this wasn't there. When rules are updated users should be given a notification or else it's not fair.
Been there since forever. At least, from what I remember since I joined.

Reactions: A Plus Ric

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been there since forever. At least, from what I remember since I joined.
While I never knew it to not be there.....I say this about the rules

"Before you start a topic, perform a search to see if the question or topic you wish to create has been made before. If it has, post in the topic that already exists. Duplicate topics will be closed."

This does not fall in line with that "will bereplied to when it's replied to." As its against the the rules the same to have posted a question wondering about it. Tricky tricky.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well its still there. It says that expiry is N/A, so it could be there forever... but I did not get any points for it.
You haven't got any warning in that sense. It's just grouped under the title "warnings". What you got was suspended for a day or two (by me), for going on an incest joke rampage. I didn't give you a warning, just a timeout for you to chill.
That's the reason you don't have a warning point. (The blue line in your screenshot is an "unchanged" icon for your warnings. A red up arrow means warning point increased, a green down arrow is a decrease).

Also, the expiry N/A is just an automatic expiry. And the one day suspension will never "expire" from the warning log.

@raulpica you said warning level removes in 6month.
That's not entirely true. It depends on how you behave too. Sometimes it may be that we've forgotten though. And sometimes it may depend on what the warning was for. Something minor? Something major?

So yeah.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
We need to clarify exactly how old an old thread is what excusable reasons there can be to bump it.

I saw a guy just today chastise a member for bumping a 10 day old thread ffs.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We need to clarify exactly how old an old thread is what excusable reasons there can be to bump it.

I saw a guy just today chastise a member for bumping a 10 day old thread ffs.
As previously mentioned, we are actually pretty lenient when it comes to bumping. The length isn't set in stone. It all depends on the content of the post. Does it really add to the discussion? If it is indeed useful, feel free to make a post. I personally do not think that having an expiry date of sorts (specifically X number of days before we are not allowed to post/thread will be locked) is going to be detrimental to discussion and will actually encourage more useless bumping to extend the longevity of th

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You get a warn point for unintentional necroing... Yet, people who post in spam (intentionally) get nothing.. Lol?
If I were a mod (which may probably never happen lol) I would warn many people for being stupid. Lol

Reactions: Kioku

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fixed your generic thread title for you, @Byokugen .

upload_2017-6-20_15-28-6-png.90936

Now What @raulpica ?

@raulpica you said warning level removes in 6month.
"Now what"? There's no timer, it doesn't happen automatically and we're too freaking busy to manually check EVERY USER OUT THERE for warnings.

Don't use that tone with me, boy.

That's not entirely true. It depends on how you behave too. Sometimes it may be that we've forgotten though. And sometimes it may depend on what the warning was for. Something minor? Something major?

So yeah.
Yeah, and the fact that an user keeps getting warned, certainly doesn't help either :P But as a rule of thumb it's usually 6 months for me - unless it's something minor (like spamming emoji or something).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative