Why is reading the trading area restricted?

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For the same reason I guess - you have to have some credibility before you can buy or sell. Buyers can be scammers too.

//EDIT Also protect possible personal information, if supplied in there.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if this sounds stupid but I don't really get how a buyer could scam when they need to pay before shipment.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this sounds stupid but I don't really get how a buyer could scam when they need to pay before shipment.
They can claim they didn’t receive it, try charge back etc. The section being restricted also means it doesn’t go to Google, which can make people feel a little safer in selling modded systems or modding services without companies like Nintendo hunting them down lol

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There are stories of people asking for a refund after shipping, and usually the bank companies would favour the customer asking for refund, making the person selling lose the money, and often be charged fees for the refund.
This is especially annoying knowing that credit card companies would not do anything to the person forced to send a refund, while the card owner would simply get the credits back, with the added benefit of the shipped package arriving at the doorstep days later essentially for free.
Very disgusting behaviour, that I could say, having been scammed that way before (thankfully over a misunderstanding, but still frustrating to have shipped stuff for "free" as a result).

Reactions: SylverReZ and Veho

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always assumed it was because if you can read the threads, you can directly message the seller leading to potential scams from the buyers. Disabling read access also prevents the heck out of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom