Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

which is completely unnecessary without a9lh or updating sysnand
I don't think you completely understand.A9lh has nothing to do with any of your nands,it gives you access to arm 9 tools before the 3ds even boots since you have the otp.bin.There is no way a9lh can brick you once it's installed properly.The only brick you risk is on the old 3ds side for people who have to downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to install a9lh,you would know this if you bothered to read the guide.

Last edited by ,

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Both o3ds and n3ds can be bricked while installing/uninstalling a9lh, which drives need for hardmod if it isn't needed before. Updating sysnand is just added risk when it requires a9lh to be working.

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I have Luma (without A9LH) as I love having an emuNAND where I can mess around with shit and not worry about it getting bricked (can just restore) and the boot times for it are not bad so A9LH is not for me TBH and I don't want to take the risk of brick as I have already bricked 1/3 of my 3DS XLs

Reactions: satan89

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Even the downgrade procedure from 11.2 wasn't too bad, you just are best off having a couple cartridge exploits handy, like BaseHaxx, as the SteelHax installer wouldn't work for me.

D

Deleted User

Even the downgrade procedure from 11.2 wasn't too bad, you just are best off having a couple cartridge exploits handy, like BaseHaxx, as the SteelHax installer wouldn't work for me.
What would you prefer people to use to launch decrypt 9? The webbrowser or menuhax,if those where your only options.Not everyone has a cart exploit handy.Downgrading has always caused many bricks during my time last year when it was new on 10.3 since that was how I got to 9.2 in the first place and may others aswell.Many have crossed the downgrade border and many 3ds's haven't lived to tell the tale while others got lucky.

I'll make my point again...

A9lh install=safe

Decrypt9/sysdowngrader/any downgrade program whatsoever=Risky.

Last edited by ,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both o3ds and n3ds can be bricked while installing/uninstalling a9lh, which drives need for hardmod if it isn't needed before. Updating sysnand is just added risk when it requires a9lh to be working.
Congratulations, you figured it out. A9LH is most definitely a scam designed to drive hardmod sales and not a way to gain control of the system prior to the OS loading.

Except not really.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Congratulations, you figured it out. A9LH is most definitely a scam designed to drive hardmod sales and not a way to gain control of the system prior to the OS loading.

Except not really.

but then if no one would hardmod people will complain that they have to resort to buying another 3DS should anything go wrong.. i respect anyone who dont want to switch but saying its a scam should hope in the future not need services from hardmodders..and nope, i dont even know shit about how to solder things.. :/

Jeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 11.2, and don't want to hardmod, so I'm patiently waiting for slowhax, or whatever will give me access, when it comes.

Content playing snes and NES roms until then, as that's why I got the 2ds anyways. Retro all day every day.

edit to add: It sure would be hilarious if slowhax was released for black friday, considering all the 'deals' most people are looking for with modding the 3ds.

Last edited by Jeph,

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't installed it on my new 3DS becuase i have been seeing people reporting bricks when using the SafeA9LHInstaller on n3ds. So until Aurora Wright releases a SafeA9LHInstaller more stable i will not install A9LH. I just downgraded to 9.2

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't installed it on my new 3DS becuase i have been seeing people reporting bricks when using the SafeA9LHInstaller on n3ds. So until Aurora Wright releases a SafeA9LHInstaller more stable i will not install A9LH. I just downgraded to 9.2

most bricks are user error or faulty SD cards i think..or corrupt downloaded files..

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/issues?q=is:open+is:issue
Many of these issues are saying they did everything correctly and used a good SD card, yet they still bricked@.@
Besides im also fearing it might happen to me what happened to this guy:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/issues/23

there's always a chance of a brick with any kind of hack.. even interrupting a legit system update could end up with a messed up system but it's really up to you.. if your current setup works for you then it's all good.. as for me, i decided to do it because i really wanted to.. i was actually shaking and palpitating when i first did it and it took me 3 hours LOL but in the end it was worth it. i got 2DS,O3DS,N3DS X2 with a9lh+luma.. but really, if you're happy with what you have now then that's fine.. don't listen to anyone else but yourself.. don't be pressured to do it just because a random guy in the internet told you to or your friends think it's cool.. lucky for you tho, your n3DS is already on 9.2, bet it will just take about 20 minutes to do everything..

Last edited by owek1,
Reactions: SonicCloud

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
there's always a chance of a brick with any kind of hack.. even interrupting a legit system update could end up with a messed up system but it's really up to you.. if your current setup works for you then it's all good.. as for me, i decided to do it because i really wanted to.. i was actually shaking and palpitating when i first did it and it took me 3 hours LOL but in the end it was worth it. i got 2DS,O3DS,N3DS X2 with a9lh+luma.. but really, if you're happy with what you have now then that's fine.. don't listen to anyone else but yourself.. don't be pressured to do it just because a random guy in the internet told you to or your friends think it's cool.. lucky for you tho, your n3DS is already on 9.2, bet it will just take about 20 minutes to do everything..
It was really fast for my 3ds to downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2 :o It only took 2 minutes
I even did again the downgrade to see if something wen't wrong

Reactions: owek1
D

Deleted User

It's still only a 1% chance on the otpless install which is better then taking the 50/50 gamble downgrading

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still only a 1% chance on the otpless install which is better then taking the 50/50 gamble downgrading

50/50 is quite the overstatement. I used the otp method 4 times flawlessly.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've done 4 systems too, all flawless. The first one was mine, with the old and dangerous guide back in April. Then two more on 6.0U during the summer, those were cake. This last one had 11.0, and the downgrade was actually easier from 11.2. I did the DSi downgrade method, and everything went flawlessly.

These were all 2DS systems though, I've never done a N3DS yet.

D

Deleted User

50/50 is quite the overstatement. I used the otp method 4 times flawlessly.
It's still 50\50 if you only have 1 device and consider how dangerous downgrading with 3rd party software exactly is.I could see if you have more then 1 modded 3ds which not everyone can afford.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still 50\50 if you only have 1 device and consider how dangerous downgrading with 3rd party software exactly is.I could see if you have more then 1 modded 3ds which not everyone here can afford.

Where are you getting that statistic from? Have you bricked using the otp method?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11.2, and don't want to hardmod, so I'm patiently waiting for slowhax, or whatever will give me access, when it comes.

Content playing snes and NES roms until then, as that's why I got the 2ds anyways. Retro all day every day.

edit to add: It sure would be hilarious if slowhax was released for black friday, considering all the 'deals' most people are looking for with modding the 3ds.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think slowhax is for 11.0 and 11.1 (not 11.2).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum