Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11.2, and don't want to hardmod, so I'm patiently waiting for slowhax, or whatever will give me access, when it comes.

Content playing snes and NES roms until then, as that's why I got the 2ds anyways. Retro all day every day.

edit to add: It sure would be hilarious if slowhax was released for black friday, considering all the 'deals' most people are looking for with modding the 3ds.
You don't need a hardmod for 11.2, I just did the DSi downgrade method using my CFW 2DS to an 11.2 2DS, and now they both run 11.2 Luma 6.6 Just waiting 5 more days to System Transfer back to my own 2DS.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
most bricks are user error or faulty SD cards i think..or corrupt downloaded files..

even if the process does not brick, once you update sysnand past 9.2 you are entirely at the mercy of a9lh for everything to work (including not losing OTP.bin in the case on o3ds) Previously you only have to worry about normal sysnand bricking (which is rare since you will be using emunand most of the time without need to tamper with sysnand), but now everything hinges on a9lh. If you have already been keeping sysnand backups before, your chances of actually needing them just went up by that much. Of course for people with hardmods this is not such a big deal, but for the rest it remains a highly intrusive operation that requires caution.

Reactions: satan89

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
even if the process does not brick, once you update sysnand past 9.2 you are entirely at the mercy of a9lh for everything to work (including not losing OTP.bin in the case on o3ds) Previously you only have to worry about normal sysnand bricking (which is rare since you will be using emunand most of the time without need to tamper with sysnand), but now everything hinges on a9lh. If you have already been keeping sysnand backups before, your chances of actually needing them just went up by that much. Of course for people with hardmods this is not such a big deal, but for the rest it remains a highly intrusive operation that requires caution.

Are you aware that HAVING arm8lh installes ALLOWS you to recover in almost all situations currently know?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
LOL.. don't sweat it guys.. if you don't want to upgrade your rxtools or gateway or emunand setup that's on you.. i really don't care.. i decided to do what i want because i wanted to.. i knew the risks and in the end for me it was all worth it..

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main way to patch a9lh would brick a9lh users, normal nonhacked users, and rxfools. I doubt ninty would push an update that bricks their customer's 3dses

Jeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think slowhax is for 11.0 and 11.1 (not 11.2).

If you note what I said, you'd see I said I'm patiently waiting for slowhax, or whatever will give me access, when it is released. I may be noob, but I read.

You don't need a hardmod for 11.2, I just did the DSi downgrade method using my CFW 2DS to an 11.2 2DS, and now they both run 11.2 Luma 6.6 Just waiting 5 more days to System Transfer back to my own 2DS.

If I only had access to another 2ds/3ds in my neighborhood with CFW to do it, I would.

Toronto, Ontario.

Last edited by Jeph,

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I doubt ninty would push an update that bricks their customer's 3dses

yea I'm sure you know better than nintendo

besides there is no need for nintendo to brick, any of the related tools including cfw itself can brick the setup. such is the price of tampering with sysnand

but it is okay, since you will be around to handle these brick reports

Last edited by Arkansaw,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
which is completely unnecessary without a9lh or updating sysnand
Not unnecessary. Never saw any of these "accidentally updated sysNAND" for example?

Also, you seem to think that a9lh means that you need to live your life on sysNAND.
This is not true.
You can perfectly keep living your life on an emuNAND, keeping your sysNAND on 9.2 but have the 100% boot rate + 0 second boot time given by a9lh.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Not unnecessary. Never saw any of these "accidentally updated sysNAND" for example?

Also, you seem to think that a9lh means that you need to live your life on sysNAND.
This is not true.
You can perfectly keep living your life on an emuNAND, keeping your sysNAND on 9.2 but have the 100% boot rate + 0 second boot time given by a9lh.
I'm the opposite... I keep an emunand on 9.2

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it why hasn't anyone done it yet.
While downgrading, your New3DS has a higher risk of bricking. But Its not the case for Old3DS users. Why? Why haven't you installed arm9loaderhax yet? Comments and the poll too.

Advantages of arm9loaderhax
- That thing is fast.... sysNAND boot speeds for all CFW.
- No need of an EmuNAND. Feel free to update your sysNAND. This also saves ~1GB space on your SD Card.
- sysNAND brick protection.
- Region Free (If using Luma3DS)

For those of you who rely on Cart games, (Which you bought yourselves) (and you dont use CIAs) people are working on a solution for A9LH which will make your 3DS boot even without the SD Card (i.e. The CFW would be on your NAND!!)EDIT:SHADOWNAND!

To get help while installing a9lh, either post your query here, here or here.
Cause the the thing is, menuhax still works. If people dont see a need to upgrade, then they won't. Especially if doing so risks a brick, and all you get in return is a faster bootrate and an extra GB on your SD.

In other words, the cons of setup outweigh the pros

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Some guy on the issues part of Plailect guide said:
Lawdayo said:
I just did the installation of the hax with OTP and 2.1 ctr transfer on my New 3DS. It worked like a charm.
Does this mean if you want to continue and use the 2.1 method on New 3DS is possible? What about the SafeA9LHInstaller?

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some guy on the issues part of Plailect guide said:

Does this mean if you want to continue and use the 2.1 method on New 3DS is possible? What about the SafeA9LHInstaller?
You CAN use the 2.1 method on New 3DS, but it is kinda risky if you don't follow directions clearly. If needed, ask for help on a YouTube tutorial or something similar. I flashed a 2.1 emuNAND to sysNAND when getting the OTP from my system, but of course used OTPHelper HB application to "unbrick 2.1 emuNAND" option to shift the NAND regions and all that. I looked at MrMario2011's A9LH tutorial back in April of this year before CTRNAND transfer and OTPless installations were even thought of to begin with. But I believe that using the OTPless install on 9.2 OFW is the safer way. Correct me if I am wrong. :P

Last edited by Deleted member 350372,

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You CAN use the 2.1 method on New 3DS, but it is kinda risky if you don't follow directions clearly. If needed, ask for help on a YouTube tutorial or something similar. I flashed a 2.1 emuNAND to sysNAND when getting the OTP from my system, but of course used OTPHelper HB application to "unbrick 2.1 emuNAND" option to shift the NAND regions and all that. I looked at MrMario2011's A9LH tutorial back in April of this year before CTRNAND transfer and OTPless installations were even thought of to begin with. But I believe that using the OTPless install on 9.2 OFW is the safer way. Correct me if I am wrong. :P
Seems there's still a part of Plailect (senpai) guide:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
Maybe this could be used if u want to do the other way :y?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: