Hardware Which of these......

Which of these do you think is the most likely reason some people will pass on the 3DS?

• It is too expensive for a handheld system.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They don't relize it's not just a regular DS with 3D.

• The launch titles aren't that great, and they will (try to) get one at a later time.

• They think the 3DS isn't powerful enough technology for today, getting NGP instead.

• Color selection isn't good, waiting for better colors.

• Sceptical about numerous things, waiting for reviews.

• Advertisements don't say enough about the system.

• Waiting for the "next version" of the 3DS to come out.

• Something else (I.E short battery life, please post saying what though).

• Total voters

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the most common reason do you think people have for not wanting the 3DS?
The options listed are real reasons I have seen various people post in verious forums.

EDIT: Finally got option 4 to fit in one line.
EDIT 2: I forgot to mention I have had one full pre-ordered since early January, please don't think I'm someone that objects to the 3DS.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The launch titles, the fact that people don't realize it's not another revision of the DS, the price, and the fact that OoT isn't a launch title.

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I think people think the NGP is better because of graphics and all that stuff. Well guess what? They r two different things!! 3DS has 2 screens and 3 cameras!! 3ds has 3D. how much more different can it get?

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
I think people think the NGP is better because of graphics and all that stuff. Well guess what? They r two different things!! 3DS has 2 screens and 3 cameras!! 3ds has 3D. how much more different can it get?

That's one of the options.
All of the choices I posted came from various posts around GBATemp, as to why people aren't getting a 3DS.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
What about the 'Waiting for 2nd version' option, the amount of ppl i've heard saying '3DSiXL' i just facepalm every time i hear it....

i personally am waiting for a price drop/xmas

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Last time I visited my parents and mentioned I had a 3DS pre-ordered first thing my dad mentioned that they're a bit expensive (at the time they were still ~£230 in the shops, i had a £200 pre-order) and that seems to be putting off the majority of people I know.

Seems alot of people don't realise it's a new console, and are just assuming it yet another release of the DS (which after having the phat/lite/i/xl it's hardly surprising some may think that)

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
What about the 'Waiting for 2nd version' option, the amount of ppl i've heard saying '3DSiXL' i just facepalm every time i hear it....

i personally am waiting for a price drop/xmas

I'll add that, thanks, forgot it.
EDIT: Added.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Unfortunately i think this needs to be multiple choice.

See the option with "numerous things" in it, that basically means a combination of two or more of the things listed.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Really? You DON'T have a battery life option?

That's pretty sad.

With the Nyko thing coming on launch, it's pretty useless, as everyone that said the battery is too short said they'll just get the Nyko thing. Vote for something else, I'll edit it in a way that works. Either that, or vote for Next Version, which will very likely have longer battery life, since Nintendo knows it's too short.

EDIT: Modified.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Slyakin said:

That's pretty sad.

With the Nyko thing coming on launch, it's pretty useless. Vote for something else, I'll edit it in a way that works.
A majority of people don't even know how things like the Nyko even work. Since you are talking about the general public, you should have battery life in there.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Xuphor said:
Slyakin said:

That's pretty sad.

With the Nyko thing coming on launch, it's pretty useless. Vote for something else, I'll edit it in a way that works.
A majority of people don't even know how things like the Nyko even work. Since you are talking about the general public, you should have battery life in there.

Yes, see my edit of the poll wording.
nyanya.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I was at a 3DS demo event. I heard one of the Nintendo reps pitching the 3DS as 'a DSi, but with a 3D screen'. I facepalmed.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I was at a 3DS demo event. I heard one of the Nintendo reps pitching the 3DS as 'a DSi, but with a 3D screen'. I facepalmed.

I'd have interrupted him and corrected the customers he was talking to. He's just downright ignorant of the 3DS knowledge, he shouldn't be pitching something he doesn't know about.

Kayouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but that happens so much in electronics/computer/cellphones every sales person seems like an idiot to me. When they come up asking if I need help I basically make there knowledge of whatever it is look like garbage, then they look at me in 'awww' lol and I walk away.
tongue.gif

People tell me about this all the time like oh I was looking at cellphones and he could tell me these answers. Then I explain it to them and there like $hit why couldn't the person just say that to me you need to work there hahaha. Maybe if I could make good money as a little sales assoc. ... yeah right.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
People complaining about the price just makes me think of spoilt little kids bitching about how hard it will be to get their parents to fork out for it. For us working class folks, it's a not cheap but hey, nothing is these days.

I think the launch titles are extremely boring, I probably won't even buy any of them. I'd rather give the new pokemon a try and just be content with whatever built in content to try the 3D out. Being someone who skipped the DSi, the technology leap does make it seem like a new console for me but I can see why someone would think that not much has really changed besides the 3D part.

I have had one on preorder for weeks though, just to make sure the context of my post is right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nuh for real tho, tell her to get food on her way home, I feel like cheeseburgers tonight