Gaming Which is the best for homebrews:

Jenga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP is basically the homebrew/emulator lover's dream. However, the DS library just wipes out the PSP's. So it's up to you. Personally, I've never used my DS for chatting, watching movies or listening to MP3s, and I don't ever intend to so it's okay with me.

Only thing I wish would improve is the emulator quality for the DS, that's all really.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are looking for emulators, the PSP wins hands down. The commercial games are mediocre at best, though. If you are looking for a console just for homebrew and emulation, I suggest waiting about 6 weeks and pick up a Pandora. Check it out: www.openpandora.org

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starfox468 said:
R4DS is good for nothing, cyclo or SCDS1 is good for everything.
PSP Homebrew = Epic Win
DS Homebrew = Epic Fail
Psp is pretty much better for everything except it has crappy games _-_
Homebrew on the PSP is much massive that the Nintendo DS, but in no means it is "Epic Fail".Homebrew on the Nintendo DS allows you to open up many doors.

So get your facts straight before you "Epic Fail".

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
starfox468 said:
R4DS is good for nothing, cyclo or SCDS1 is good for everything.
PSP Homebrew = Epic Win
DS Homebrew = Epic Fail
Psp is pretty much better for everything except it has crappy games _-_
Homebrew on the PSP is much massive that the Nintendo DS, but in no means it is "Epic Fail".Homebrew on the Nintendo DS allows you to open up many doors.

So get your facts straight before you "Epic Fail".

generally when you say"get your facts straight" you should provide some examples. i originally came from the psp to the ds, and the comparison seems awfully lopsided. the psp has a very vibrant homebrew community. (well the last time i checked)

i think you people are discrediting the psp on its games much too quickly. the psp has many good games that the ds doesn't. just do a metacritic check. i can personally say that lumines, D'arc, and patapon are very good.

when you compare on multimedia features, there is no contest. the ds was not made for media. the ds DAC is simply terrible. it hisses quite badly. although the psp's isn't anything special either, it's hissing is much much less. also, the ability to use h.264 on the psp and the ability to connect it to television sets makes it an alright player. of course, both aren't very good when compared to a dedicated PMP.

Also for those of you who think that the psp has flopped; it hasn't. it sells quite well in japan and doesn't do too bad in america either. obviously nintendo has done much better but it's just because one's doing better than the other doesn't mean that poorer perfoming one fails. http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PSP is better in everything homebrew, except when involving typing.
And I kinda like image viewing on DS better for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X