Gaming Which graphic board should I get?

Trinta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!I want an advice, I am currently using an nvidia 9400 GT 1 giga graphic board and I had an nvidia 7800 and..nothing changed(exept the fact I can play at full speed empire total war) but I still can't play with high graphics old games,more or less old games with maximum graphics like assassins creed and devil may cry.
Assassin's creed I can play with medium-high graphics(even though when I bought this nvidia 9400 I wanted to play with HIGH-HIGH graphics) and devil may cry 4 medium-low.
So I want to know wich board should I buy?Actualy I want a board that can run assassin's creed 2 at medium graphics(or high graphics if you guys find a cheap one).And I have preference for the nvidia series but if guys find an powerfull ati radeon for an cheap price so be it.
And I KNOW that assassin's creed 2 DIDN'T went to stores yet, so for those guys who says:"how the heck should I know that?!" think in a game(recent) with kickass graphics.

D

Deleted User

I would say go for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 it is extremely fast and only about 430 euros.

Trinta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah tnx for the advice but there are 2 problems:1 will It run on my pc? and 2 the price.
first problem: my computer have an high-low configuration i can say:
Windows XP
Intel core 2 duo
2 gigabyte of ram
150 giga of memory
ddr2
second problem the price:I live in brazil south america,and problem is because the euro is an way stronger coin than ours, all that comes from europe is like this: the graphic board-430 euros x 3: 1260 reais(our coin) with that I could buy an xbox 360 and 1 controler or an game....

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it will even fit in the case dont even worry about all the other problems from bottlenecking to not even satisfying the power requirements

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.